Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: For the same fans who have given up on Sanchez, would you take Bradford?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In regards to our QB...
    I don't care about Freeman.
    I don't care about Bradford.
    I don't care about Stafford.
    I don't care about Dalton.
    I don't care about Cam Newton.

None of these guys has anything to do with our QB. If they flop it doesn't make me feel better about our QB's play or make him any better. If they are great it doesn't make our QB worse. All these comparison threads do are make people feel better about bad play or feel worse about good play.

Our QB has not progressed the way I hoped. He has not gone forward year after year and I see no big improvement in his play. I could care less how each side of the coin trots out stats, this is by watching him play the game. Last year shook my overall confidence in the player because for the 1st time he was under less than ideal conditions for a QB and he came up small when it counted the most. By watching him play you can see the ability is there, we just have to hope a light bulb goes on and he eliminates the very very bad plays from his game. The Jets can still win with him at QB but a lot of things have to go right.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4381216]Not saying Bradford will not be very good or better than Sanchez....To say we would have won one of the AFCCG,s with Bradford in his first 2 seasons however is a reach.....

The 1 big game in his career with the playoffs on the line against Seattle in 2010 he did not show AFCCG winner stuff....

19-36....155 yards....0 TDS....1 INT....4.31 YPA[/QUOTE]

There is no argument for Bradford over Sanchez through their respective careers so far. None. Zilch. Nada. Bradford bombed miserably in the only game he ever played in the NFL that mattered as you pointed out. The Rams best win since drafting Bradford came with AJ Feeley at QB.

Bradford has done nothing of substance as a starter in this league and continued his injury prone ways from college.

I am no Sanchez fan as all of you know, but to rate Bradford over him based on what they've both shown so far is nothing short of comical.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4381987]In regards to our QB...
    I don't care about Freeman.
    I don't care about Bradford.
    I don't care about Stafford.
    I don't care about Dalton.
    I don't care about Cam Newton.

None of these guys has anything to do with our QB. If they flop it doesn't make me feel better about our QB's play or make him any better. If they are great it doesn't make our QB worse. All these comparison threads do are make people feel better about bad play or feel worse about good play.

Our QB has not progressed the way I hoped. He has not gone forward year after year and I see no big improvement in his play. I could care less how each side of the coin trots out stats, this is by watching him play the game. Last year shook my overall confidence in the player because for the 1st time he was under less than ideal conditions for a QB and he came up small when it counted the most. By watching him play you can see the ability is there, we just have to hope a light bulb goes on and he eliminates the very very bad plays from his game. The Jets can still win with him at QB but a lot of things have to go right.[/QUOTE]

Excellent post. While we're at it, how about eliminating all the Eli comparison threads as well? Great, there's a tiny handful of QBs in the league who sucked for years before finally becoming really good. Does that really make anyone feel better?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 03-02-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4382007]There is no argument for Bradford over Sanchez through their respective careers so far. None. Zilch. Nada.

I am no Sanchez fan as all of you know, but to rate Bradford over him based on what they've both shown so far is nothing short of comical.[/QUOTE]

That's a bingo.

Which is what this thread was about.

Not anyone else.

Bradford.

Sanchez.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep Sanchez... if we suck this year and get a high pick then maybe look at a QB. There are no guarantees out there and lets see what year 4 brings...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4382007]There is no argument for Bradford over Sanchez through their respective careers so far. None. Zilch. Nada. Bradford bombed miserably in the only game he ever played in the NFL that mattered as you pointed out. The Rams best win since drafting Bradford came with AJ Feeley at QB.

Bradford has done nothing of substance as a starter in this league and continued his injury prone ways from college.

I am no Sanchez fan as all of you know, but to rate Bradford over him based on what they've both shown so far is nothing short of comical.[/QUOTE]
    Can you say with certainty that Bradford would not have accomplished what Sanchez accomplished with the same cast or that Sanchez would have been any better than Bradford with the cast the Rams had/have?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4382084]Can you say with certainty that Bradford would not have accomplished what Sanchez accomplished with the same cast or that Sanchez would have been any better than Bradford with the cast the Rams had/have?[/QUOTE]

i think bradford would have done close to the same. but neither has shown they're franchise-caliber qbs yet.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4382086]i think bradford would have done close to the same. but neither has shown they're franchise-caliber qbs yet.[/QUOTE]

And here is the essence of this thread.

We all have different opinions. I'm getting tired of arguing the point.

I like Sanchez. I think Bradford is a more talented QB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4382091]And here is the essence of this thread.

We all have different opinions. I'm getting tired of arguing the point.

I like Sanchez. I think Bradford is a more talented QB.[/QUOTE]

If you asked that question to non-Jets fans, it would be 90/10 Bradford over Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4382092]If you asked that question to non-Jets fans, it would be 90/10 Bradford over Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Pops--time for your meds :D

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4382093]Pops--time for your meds :D

_[/QUOTE]

Easy there Tattoo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4382093]Pops--time for your meds :D

_[/QUOTE]

Like I said earlier: sh!tbag.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4382092]If you asked that question to non-Jets fans, it would be 90/10 Bradford over Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Coming from a Pats fan, this doesn't mean ****!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

perhaps, but much of the anti-sanchez sentiment stems from being tied to rex's big mouth, as well as his deserved skirt-chasing image.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4382084]Can you say with certainty that Bradford would not have accomplished what Sanchez accomplished with the same cast or that Sanchez would have been any better than Bradford with the cast the Rams had/have?[/QUOTE]

But he didn't.

You could say the same for a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady exchange.

No one will ever know.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Not any more than you can say Bradford would have accomplished anywhere near what Sanchez has with the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4382112]Not any more than you can say Bradford would have accomplished anywhere near what Sanchez has with the Jets.[/QUOTE]

as shaky as sanchez has been, he's already won more playoff games than most starters will in their entire careers.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4382114]as shaky as sanchez has been, he's already won more playoff games than most starters will in their entire careers.[/QUOTE]

Remember, as most here will tell you, not a big deal.

Or worse yet the amazingly stupid, "and you're satisfied with a getting to a couple of AFCCG's??? :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4382123]Remember, as most here will tell you, not a big deal.

Or worse yet the amazingly stupid, "and you're satisfied with a getting to a couple of AFCCG's??? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

These are the same people who feel they don't have to work because they're holding out for a management position.

[IMG]http://drewpan.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/cousineddie.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by John_0515; 03-02-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4382114]as shaky as sanchez has been, he's already won more playoff games than most starters will in their entire careers.[/QUOTE]

The problem with this line of thinking is that you have to go both ways with it.

Sanchez got us to two afc title games thus he's good.

The team sucked last year and missed the playoffs but it was because of our lousy o-line and oc.

Our OC got us to 2 straight AFC title games and 4 wins on the road, he must be pretty good.