Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: For the same fans who have given up on Sanchez, would you take Bradford?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4382092]If you asked that question to non-Jets fans, it would be 90/10 Bradford over Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Made up statistics with zero backing. I've been on the ESPN Rams board, many want Luck and/or Griffin with their pick. And those are RAMS fans, let alone neutral fans.

You think a 2nd year QB who had a miserable statistical season and led his team to 2 wins this year is wowing the average NFL fan?

How your trolling is allowed on this forum is a mystery to me, because if your post above is not trolling, I don't know what is

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4382236]I know. It's hilarious.

If Bradford was the Jets QB, this board would be all over his sac.[/QUOTE]

If Bradford was our QB and had a 2nd season like the one he just had on the Rams, the fans and media would have run him out of town already and every thread you'd see on this board would be about moving up one spot to take Andrew Luck or staying put at 2 and taking RG3...

Seriously, go look at the year Bradford just had. Take a look. Even when he was healthy (which was for like 20 snaps all year) he was god-awful

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382262]I suggest you start updating your sources on that one. Looks like the "experts" have been doing 180s this past week or so.[/QUOTE]
    I haven't been following the Manning watch. I read 3 or 4 or 5 neck surgeries and I'm like, no thank you. Besides, Our QB is better than Sam Bradford so why would we need Manning? :confused:;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4382260]But then, there's people who want a former mega star QB whose neck is as healthy as Joe Namath's knees.

Everyone who is criticizing Bradford are looking at stats and team results.

No one has said, I've watched him and Sanchez is a better QB.[/QUOTE]

I've watched him. His mechanics seem sound, he's smart, and he has a very good arm. He will get better, and should be better than Sanchez in the future... but [U]so far[/U], he has not been [I]better[/I] than Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4382264]If Bradford was our QB and had a 2nd season like the one he just had on the Rams, the fans and media would have run him out of town already and every thread you'd see on this board would be about moving up one spot to take Andrew Luck or staying put at 2 and taking RG3...

Seriously, go look at the year Bradford just had. Take a look. Even when he was healthy (which was for like 20 snaps all year) he was god-awful[/QUOTE]
    Thank you for proving my point.

You obviously haven't watched him play enough to know he's a far better QB.

Put Sanchez on that team and tell me he would have done anywhere near as good. Seriously, Sanchez would get killed in St. Louis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4382267] Besides, Our QB is better than Sam Bradford so why would we need Manning? :confused:;)[/QUOTE]

You win.

/ Thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4382268]I've watched him. His mechanics seem sound, he's smart, and he has a very good arm. He will get better, and should be better than Sanchez in the future... but [U]so far[/U], he has not been [I]better[/I] than Sanchez.[/QUOTE]
    I understand the results in St. Louis have not been great. But like you say, Bradford has more going for him. I think if you put Sanchez on that team, the results would have been a lot worse. And again, I like Sanchez.

No one is going to change my mind.

Based on the title of the thread, yes, I would take Bradford. That's my opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forget Bradford. To me it is not even debatable.

Andy Dalton and Cam Newton have already leap-frogged Mark.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4382279]I understand the results in St. Louis have not been great. But like you say, Bradford has more going for him. I think if you put Sanchez on that team, the results would have been a lot worse. And again, I like Sanchez.

No one is going to change my mind.

Based on the title of the thread, yes, I would take Bradford. That's my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion. But, I'll keep Sanchez. Bradford never had to, or will he, ever throw a pass in this market. Sanchez has, and has under lots of scrutiny and pressure...played vs big-time QB's in the playoffs, and held his own.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    sticking with Mark too

hopefully when he rebounds with a championship 2012-13 season, all the negatie posts of this offseason will still be here to savor

GO JETS

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well year 4 is upon us. This is the fork in the road. Everyone likes to compare Sanchez' first 3 yrs to those of Brees and Eli. Well year 4 is where those guys took off. Eli became a champion and Brees had a huge year in SD.

Allow me to furnish the first pre-defense for Sanchez: "It is his first year in a new system."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know it's an impossible thought here but, maybe, we won't need any excuses for Mark's fourth year, perish the thought, I know

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4380660]I effin hate when Jet fans make me agree with Patsies but you are right.

Hardly anybody here uses the eye-test. Everyone is a stat maniac. "Sanchez threw more TDs in 2011 so he improved". LO-fuc*ing-L.[/QUOTE]

exactly bradfords mechanics are light years ahead of sanchez's. The best thing sanchez can do is roll out but he can only get away with that 4-6 times a game so moving the pocket would help but for that he would need to be accurate which he is nowhere near. I would take bradford in a nano second over sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4381030]Jordy is correct, when the Jets drafted Sanchez I thought it was a very good pick. I actually attended his first NFL game (at the Texans) and came away thinking, "Damn, the Jets are going to have a very good QB for the next 10 years".

In no way, shape or form, do I think Sanchez is a terrible QB. However, at this point in his career, he is nothing more than an average QB at best.

His lack of progression should be most concerning for Jets fans. To me, it still looks like the NFL game is too fast for him. Also, after 53 games, teams now have a lot of film on him and game plan accordingly to his tendencies and weaknesses.

Bottom line, 2012 is a make or break season for Sanchez. Let's see what happens.[/QUOTE]

the problem is sanchez has big city light eyes that is what he is thinking about not football. It takes a special QB to have big city light eyes and able to play at a high level and their has been only one jet that could do that his name is Namath.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4382382]exactly bradfords mechanics are light years ahead of sanchez's. The best thing sanchez can do is roll out but he can only get away with that 4-6 times a game so moving the pocket would help but for that he would need to be accurate which he is nowhere near. I would take bradford in a nano second over sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Those amazing mechanics were good for a total of 6 touchdowns in 10 games last season. If he had been healthy though, he probably would've had at least 8 or 9. Yeah, Sam Bradford's a real stud :rotfl:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4382387]Those amazing mechanics were good for a total of 6 touchdowns in 10 games last season. If he had been healthy though, he probably would've had at least 8 or 9. Yeah, Sam Bradford's a real stud :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

plus a million

but it won't help, buzz -- mechanics and arm strength are much more important than production on the field -- this is why Jeff George, Ryan Leaf and Browning Nagle were three of the greatest of all NFL QBs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4382387]Those amazing mechanics were good for a total of 6 touchdowns in 10 games last season. If he had been healthy though, he probably would've had at least 8 or 9. Yeah, Sam Bradford's a real stud :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

LOL, it's been especially amusing watching the newly discovered Sanchez haters, and or those that have their own agenda against the guy, pull the **** out of their ass to find faults with him...

Mechanics? LOL Sanchez, is best known for his foot work, mobility, ability to throw on the run, and his mechanics..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

injury same thing with why favre's production dipped after 8 games with us. When you are injured or coming back from a injury your mechanics are not the same you have to tweak stuff here and their. Same thing with bradford he may have been able to play but he was rebounding from a injury which means he was still not 100 percent even in the games he played. ;)
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 03-02-2012 at 08:56 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4382409]LOL, it's been especially amusing watching the newly discovered Sanchez haters, and or those that have their own agenda against the guy, pull the **** out of their ass to find faults with him...

Mechanics? LOL Sanchez, is best known for his foot work, mobility, ability to throw on the run, and his mechanics..[/QUOTE]

again i think he is the best throw on the run qb in the league problem is he will not be able to do that in 80 percent of his snaps because he is not accurate enough like a garcia was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4382411]again i think he is the best throw on the run qb in the league problem is he will not be able to do that in 80 percent of his snaps because he is not accurate enough like a garcia was.[/QUOTE]

You said Sanchez' mechanics were questionable, and that is just wrong.