Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: For the same fans who have given up on Sanchez, would you take Bradford?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4384585]i actually thought it's b/c his contract is untradable, and his performance hasn't exactly been great either. throw in his injury history, and who the heck is trading multiple high picks for bradford?[/QUOTE]

Thats a bingo.

But don't let facts get in the way--the Rams are TOTALLY behind Bradford.

:rolleyes:

They're going to get a King's ransom for the number 2 pick, they're stuck with Bradford, might as well collect the booty.

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4384592]

That's the most [B][U]specious[/U][/B] argument I've ever seen on this board.

[/QUOTE]

WTF does that mean?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4384599]WTF does that mean?[/QUOTE]

Ok, sophistic.

Is that better?

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4384592]How can someone say Bradford is much more accurate or much more efficient than Sanchez if you look at their most recent work?

Oh, yeah, you watch it with your eyes.

Love how you switch Sanchez and Bradford and you can say to a certitude that you'd see worse stats.

[B]That's the most specious argument I've ever seen on this board.[/B]

_

_[/QUOTE]

Oh there's been worse and you know it. ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4384585]i actually thought it's b/c his contract is untradable, and his performance hasn't exactly been great either. throw in his injury history, and who the heck is trading multiple high picks for bradford?[/QUOTE]
    Assuming Bradford was tradeable with little dead money, drafting RGIII would do exactly what for the Rams?

Like Giselle said, he can't throw AND catch the ball. He can't block AND throw the ball. The Rams have a LOT of issues besides QB. Bradford is NOT the problem there. He has NO supporting cast outside of Jackson.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4384592]How can someone say Bradford is much more accurate or much more efficient than Sanchez if you look at their most recent work?

Oh, yeah, you watch it with your eyes.

Love how you switch Sanchez and Bradford and you can say to a certitude that you'd see worse stats.

That's the most specious argument I've ever seen on this board.

_

_[/QUOTE]

By the way, since you didn't try, I'll assume you can't name, without looking it up, a WR who was active for the Rams last season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4384592]
    That's the most specious argument I've ever seen on this board.
    specious argument
    specious
    specious
    specious
    [/QUOTE]

STOKES WTF MAN, we go back and forth for months then you blow this vocab beauty on a GD Pats Fan?!

I'm seriously injured man, it cuts deep.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4384663]Assuming Bradford was tradeable with little dead money, drafting RGIII would do exactly what for the Rams?

Like Giselle said, he can't throw AND catch the ball. He can't block AND throw the ball. The Rams have a LOT of issues besides QB. Bradford is NOT the problem there. He has NO supporting cast outside of Jackson.[/QUOTE]

it's difficult to compare, but if you polled GMs/scouts, and asked them who they had ranked higher coming out of college, bradford or RG3, most would prefer RG3. stronger arm, much faster, very engaging personality. the type of qb who can energize a fanbase.

i'm not saying bradford is holding the rams back. they have many holes. but if they could trade bradford, draft RG3 and still get multiple high picks, i believe they'd do it. i think they'd swap bradford for cam newton, matt ryan and stafford. bradford is a relatively weak #1 draft pick, as far as qbs go, aside from russell, who was so abysmal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4384681]STOKES WTF MAN, we go back and forth for months then you blow this vocab beauty on a GD Pats Fan?!

I'm seriously injured man, it cuts deep.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I've used obtuse a few times with you :D

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4384706]I'm pretty sure I've used obtuse a few times with you :D

[/QUOTE]

How the hell do you know PMarsico is fat?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4384669]By the way, since you didn't try, I'll assume you can't name, without looking it up, a WR who was active for the Rams last season.[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge Michael Hoomanawanui fan :rolleyes:

Other than Brandon Lloyd, I got nothing.

Wait--that counts!!

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4384718]How the hell do you know PMarsico is fat?[/QUOTE]

>.>

<.<

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4384494]Hmmmm--53.5% completion rate last year--VERY accurate. 70.5% QB rating--HIGHLY efficient. 1 to 1 TD to INT ration.

Yup, that's the guy with the hockey stick pointed straight up.

He does play in really bad weather most of his games, in the best division in the NFL, so maybe that's why.

You're quoting his pre-draft workout strengths, nothing more.

_[/QUOTE]

Do not forget the fact that Bradford had as many fumbles 10 and almost as many lost 7 as Sanchez had in 200 more attempts....

Bradford was efficient in turning the ball over twice as much as producing TDS......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4384768]Do not forget the fact that Bradford had as many fumbles 10 and almost as many lost 7 as Sanchez had in 200 more attempts....

Bradford was efficient in turning the ball over twice as much as producing TDS......[/QUOTE]

Sure, but he LOOKED better fumbling the ball :D

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4384446]Where did I say that it was a fact?

It was always stated as my opinion.[/QUOTE]

wasn't referring to you, Jordy

you are one of the good people

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Ignorant men don't know what good they hold in their hands until they've flung it away."

--Sophocles

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4384851]"Ignorant men don't know what good they hold in their hands until they've flung it away."

--Sophocles[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but can you name ONE of Sophocles starting WRs last year?

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4384855]Yeah, but can you name ONE of Sophocles starting WRs last year?

_[/QUOTE]

Chip Plato.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have only watched Bradford play an entire game once in the NFL, the play-in game against the Seahawks in 2010. I recall walking away from that game thinking that Sam Bradford had a good chance to be an elite QB in this league. The guy made a number of excellent throws (at least one of which, if I recall correctly, would have been a probable game winning bomb), but his receivers could not catch a thing. The talent on the Rams the last two seasons is undoubtedly in the bottom five of the NFL.

I have watched every game Sanchez played, and most of them multiple times. There have been very few occassions where I said to myself that Sanchez would become an elite QB. If given the chance to trade Bradford for Sanchez straight up today. I would make the trade. And this has more to do with my opinion of Sanchez than Bradford.

If Sanchez can not show SIGNIFICANT improvement this year (and I don't mean cherry picking a few statistics, such as tds and red zone efficiency) then he should be cut in the offseason. Four years, with capable talent around him is enough to make an accurate assessment of his long term abilities. I have not seen much of Bradford, as I mentioned above, but I am very skeptical of Sanchez right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jrochwa;4384944]I have only watched Bradford play an entire game once in the NFL, the play-in game against the Seahawks in 2010. I recall walking away from that game thinking that Sam Bradford had a good chance to be an elite QB in this league. The guy made a number of excellent throws (at least one of which, if I recall correctly, would have been a probable game winning bomb), but his receivers could not catch a thing. The talent on the Rams the last two seasons is undoubtedly in the bottom five of the NFL.

I have watched every game Sanchez played, and most of them multiple times. There have been very few occassions where I said to myself that Sanchez would become an elite QB. If given the chance to trade Bradford for Sanchez straight up today. I would make the trade. And this has more to do with my opinion of Sanchez than Bradford.

If Sanchez can not show SIGNIFICANT improvement this year (and I don't mean cherry picking a few statistics, such as tds and red zone efficiency) then he should be cut in the offseason. Four years, with capable talent around him is enough to make an accurate assessment of his long term abilities. I have not seen much of Bradford, as I mentioned above, but I am very skeptical of Sanchez right now.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez does one thing better than Bradford: takes a shot.

Sanchez is one tough SOB.