Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: For the same fans who have given up on Sanchez, would you take Bradford?

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380698]Not sure who this is addressed to, I'm also not sure who suggested in this thread that they have total faith in Sanchez, I know I didn't.

But he has shown plenty to suggest he can still become the franchise QB he showed flashes of becoming his first two years.

You say he's done nothing, then you didn't bother to watch his first two years in the league, and you obviously have no clue with regard of the issues the entire team had this past year, Sanchez's performance was a very small contributing factor. He had his bouts of inconsistency, but it was a complete team effort in their demise to an 8-8 finish.[/QUOTE]

I like Mark, but there is NO WAY IN HELL that he's better than Bradford.

There's two things that Bradford has that are very important. He's very accurate; Sanchez isn't. He's also a much better decision maker. He only had six interceptions last year.

Banned
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4380804]Explain that? His brain shrunk? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

Maybe not shrunk, but it certainly hasn't developed over the last 3 years.

Sanchez is basically the exact same QB who started against the Texans in '09 as he was starting against the Phins in season final in '11.

It is debateable if he has actually regressed or has shown significantly small improvement over 53 games as a starter.

It is what it is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4380784][B]Your a dummy. [/B] This is simple.

Pick 6s and TOs.

LOL.[/QUOTE]

:dunce: Never fails

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Given up is a bit strong, but that's coming. Absolutely on Bradford.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380802]Two year old news, and totally insignificant as to where Sanchez is today.

How did he perform down the stretch last year when all the Jets had to do to make the playoffs was win 1 out of 3 games?[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok, so first two years don't count, but last year, that's a much better indicator.

Does the same hold true for Bradford?

Do you enjoy wearing the same **** you spew, troll?

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380703]1) Thanks for providing an example of a clueless fans.

2) Sanchez has the pocket presence of a Pop Warner QB, it sucks. He still does not know how to step up into the pocket to avoid the rush. His first step when he feels pressure is always laterally to the left or right.

3) See response #1

4) Name me one or two GM's that would take Samchez.[/QUOTE]

Although you're trolling to the point where you should be banned (from this thread alone) I'll bite.

Bradford had a play-in playoff game against a 6-9 Seahawks team and he had one of his worst games of the season. Sanchez has elevated his play in several playoff games, including a game where he outplayed your boy Brady. That alone would give plenty of people justification to pick Sanchez over Brady, including many GMs.

Bradford is also very injury prone, and has either missed significant time or was significantly hampered in 2 of his last 3 football seasons (college and pros). Sanchez has been relatively healthy in his career, college and pros.

Bradford's team has won 9 games in 2 years since he got there and their best win during that span (against the Saints) came with him on the bench. The Rams were arguably a better team this season without him. Sanchez has never had a losing season.

Sanchez threw 26 TDs this season and ran for 6 more. There's not a chance that Bradford has even sniffed close to 32 TDs in his combined 2 seasons.

There's almost not an argument on the planet to be made for Bradford over Sanchez based on their careers so far unless you go by pre-draft scouting reports. And both Sanchez and Bradford are years removed from the draft.
    Last edited by SlickBri481; 03-01-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380491]I'm begging for trouble because I'm giving my opinion?

I'm saying it's pathetic to dump on Sanchez at this point in his career considering he's a 3 year QB who has flashed tremendous upside, and has shown inconsistencies, a career path thusfar that almost mirrors Eli Manning.

Disagree with me all you want.[/QUOTE]
    In other words, that's [U]your[/U] opinion and if anyone else has a different opinion than yours, they are pathetic.

Do you not see the inherent problem with that type of discussion and starting a thread that you know is going to have differing opinions than yours?

I'm sorry, but to me, THAT is trolling.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380586]Bradford being better than Sanchez is debatable, and based on performance, stats, and team performance, there is NOTHING that justifies him being better...

Furthermore, there is even MORE than NOTHING that suggests he is "light years better."

You are the one without a clue, you are an obsessed troll and nothing more, STFU.[/QUOTE]
    I doubt you've ever really watched Bradford play other than maybe highlights on ESPN.

Because if you had, you would know he's a much better QB.

I really like Mark Sanchez. I like his attitude. I like his moxy.

But Bradford is a better q-u-a-r-t-e-r-b-a-c-k. Period.

All League
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4380878]Although you're trolling to the point where you should be banned (from this thread alone) I'll bite.

Bradford had a play-in playoff game against a 6-9 Seahawks team and he had one of his worst games of the season. Sanchez has elevated his play in several playoff games, including a game where he outplayed your boy Brady. That alone would give plenty of people justification to pick Sanchez over Brady, including many GMs.

Bradford is also very injury prone, and has either missed significant time or was significantly hampered in 2 of his last 3 football seasons (college and pros). Sanchez has been relatively healthy in his career, college and pros.

Bradford's team has won 9 games in 2 years since he got there and their best win during that span (against the Saints) came with him on the bench. The Rams were arguably a better team this season without him. Sanchez has never had a losing season.

Sanchez threw 26 TDs this season and ran for 6 more. There's not a chance that Bradford has even sniffed close to 32 TDs in his combined 2 seasons.

There's almost not an argument on the planet to be made for Bradford over Sanchez based on their careers so far unless you go by pre-draft scouting reports. And both Sanchez and Bradford are years removed from the draft.[/QUOTE]

All of this. Sanchez might not be very good. And really folks are pointing to Bradford's accuracy and such. Well
    A) St Louis' offense has sucked since he's been there
    B) He has played in one important game and schit the bed against a bad Seattle team.

Bradford "looks" the part, and supposedly has wonderful accuracy and decision making YET none of it ever actually applies itself on the field? How? I think a lot of people are stuck on his pre draft evaluations/his rookie season. Add in the fact that Bradford isn't the most durable person on the planet and I don't really get the fascination with him.

All League
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4380882]I doubt you've ever really watched Bradford play other than maybe highlights on ESPN.

Because if you had, you would know he's a much better QB.

I really like Mark Sanchez. I like his attitude. I like his moxy.

But Bradford is a better q-u-a-r-t-e-r-b-a-c-k. Period.[/QUOTE]

I have watched him, and I don't see the fuss. He sucked last season and was okay his rookie year.

don't ignore that bradford plays in a dome half his games, maybe more. that can only help stats.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4380780]LOL. Its all in good fun. I enjoy it.

To be honest, I rather have more "idiots" around here than "intelligent rational fans", b.c I feel the "idiots" are better fans b.c there is no such thing as a "rational" fan.

I think people take this sh!t way too seriously sometimes. [B]I really do think that some guys actually yell at their computers or phones[/B].[/QUOTE]
    :ontome:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4380788]You need to shut up; Rex said (among many things) that he would try to improve the Red Zone offense; Sanchez DELIVERED.

Bradford is Chadford. Let's see him upright for a few postseason games. And the Jets didn't HAND a top team to Sanchez as a rookie. That team fought their way along with a rookie QB.[/QUOTE]
    To be fair, TX actually thought the Jets did well when they drafted Sanchez. He praised the pick. So, I think he's actually talking from honest opinion, not to be trolling. And I happen to agree with what he is saying.

Yes, Sanchez had success in 2009 and 2010. But he regressed horribly in 2011 and showed terrible pocket presence most of the time. He had his bright moments. But they were few and far between.

To call Bradford Chadford is actually pretty insulting. Bradford is an amazingly talented QB with a rifle of an arm.

All Pro
    When was TX allowed back on these forums?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=detectivekimble;4380819]I like Mark, but there is NO WAY IN HELL that he's better than Bradford.

There's two things that Bradford has that are very important. He's very accurate; Sanchez isn't. He's also a much better decision maker. He only had six interceptions last year.[/QUOTE]
    Bradford is a very smart football player.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NYJets 4 Life;4380886]All of this. Sanchez might not be very good. And really folks are pointing to Bradford's accuracy and such. Well
    A) St Louis' offense has sucked since he's been there
    B) He has played in one important game and schit the bed against a bad Seattle team.

Bradford "looks" the part, and supposedly has wonderful accuracy and decision making YET none of it ever actually applies itself on the field? How? I think a lot of people are stuck on his pre draft evaluations/his rookie season. Add in the fact that Bradford isn't the most durable person on the planet and I don't really get the fascination with him.[/QUOTE]
    Bradford is the main reason the Rams made it to the playoffs his first season, albeit with a 7-9 record. The same team was 1-15 the year before.

And I think it's pretty unfair to judge Bradford on his 2011 season considering 1) he missed 6 games due to a high ankle sprain; 2) his OL was atrocious...far worse than what Jets fans are complaining about and 3) his best receiver was Steven Jackson until Brandon Lloyd was acquired 6 games into the season and then Bradford only had 5 games with a guy he had never thrown to before.

And if you have watched Bradford play and can say that he's not a better QB than Sanchez, then we have different opinions as to what a good QB is.

It's not hard to understand really, which is why I really don't like either:

You either have a great QB and are a Super Bowl contender or you don't and aren't.

Yeah Championship games are great, but ever since the concussion rule changes and untouchable QB's passing stat inflation is insane.

The lowest stat-level QB to win a title since 2002 is Eli Manning.

As in probably Hall of Famer Eli Manning.

Wake up guys:

The league has never been more predictable and most QB's still bust.

Sanchez and probably Bradford won't likely turn into Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or even Matthew Stafford.

Defense hasn't mattered less in as long as I remember and I think it's a damned shame seeing records like Marino's being shattered by guys who get protected like the Hope Diamond compared to how insane Marino's year was when he set that record.

I mean just last year you had 10 guys over 4000 yards.

"But that's only 250 yards a game!"

Joe Montana, considered the greatest QB of all time by most NEVER had a 4000 yard season.

Elway had 1.

Marino was an outlier: He had 7 and a couple 3900+ yard seasons.

"But the game has changed!"

Yeah it's closer to arena football now.

Some guys who are in the Hall of Fame wouldn't even be viable players now including Jack Tatum and even as recently as John Lynch!

Personally, I found the league a lot more fascinating when you had teams that had sick RB's like Dickerson and Sanders that could carry their teams as well as the Marino and Elway driven teams.

Bump and Run zone should be 10 yards. That's how I'd fix it. Assuming you agree and think it's broken.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4380939]Bradford is the main reason the Rams made it to the playoffs his first season, albeit with a 7-9 record. [/QUOTE]

The Seahawks were 7-9 and made the playoffs. The Rams did not make the playoffs in 2010. Seahawks had the tie-breaker and then Lynch blew up on the Saints in the playoffs and killed their chance to defend their title.

All Pro
    I haven't completely given up on Sanchez, but I don't want Bradford either.

I just cannot tolerate QBs made of glass. Pennington has made me terrified of touching them with a 20 foot pole.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380830]Maybe not shrunk, but it certainly hasn't developed over the last 3 years.

Sanchez is basically the exact same QB who started against the Texans in '09 as he was starting against the Phins in season final in '11.

It is debateable if he has actually regressed or has shown significantly small improvement over 53 games as a starter.

It is what it is.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.