Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: For the same fans who have given up on Sanchez, would you take Bradford?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4380915]To be fair, TX actually thought the Jets did well when they drafted Sanchez. He praised the pick. So, I think he's actually talking from honest opinion, not to be trolling. And I happen to agree with what he is saying.

Yes, Sanchez had success in 2009 and 2010. But he regressed horribly in 2011 and showed terrible pocket presence most of the time. He had his bright moments. But they were few and far between.

To call Bradford Chadford is actually pretty insulting. Bradford is an amazingly talented QB with a rifle of an arm.[/QUOTE]

Bradford looks totally legit.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4380882]

But Bradford is a better q-u-a-r-t-e-r-b-a-c-k. Period.[/QUOTE]

No he's not.

Period.

I'm guessing the inclusion of the word "Period" means the matter has been settled.

So since my "Period" came after yours, we're pretty much done here, right?

Period.

_

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4380915]To be fair, TX actually thought the Jets did well when they drafted Sanchez. He praised the pick. So, I think he's actually talking from honest opinion, not to be trolling. And I happen to agree with what he is saying.

Yes, Sanchez had success in 2009 and 2010. But he regressed horribly in 2011 and showed terrible pocket presence most of the time. He had his bright moments. But they were few and far between.

[/QUOTE]

Jordy is correct, when the Jets drafted Sanchez I thought it was a very good pick. I actually attended his first NFL game (at the Texans) and came away thinking, "Damn, the Jets are going to have a very good QB for the next 10 years".

In no way, shape or form, do I think Sanchez is a terrible QB. However, at this point in his career, he is nothing more than an average QB at best.

His lack of progression should be most concerning for Jets fans. To me, it still looks like the NFL game is too fast for him. Also, after 53 games, teams now have a lot of film on him and game plan accordingly to his tendencies and weaknesses.

Bottom line, 2012 is a make or break season for Sanchez. Let's see what happens.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4381030]Jordy is correct, when the Jets drafted Sanchez I thought it was a very good pick. I actually attended his first NFL game (at the Texans) and came away thinking, "Damn, the Jets are going to have a very good QB for the next 10 years".

In no way, shape or form, do I think Sanchez is a terrible QB. However, at this point in his career, he is nothing more than an average QB at best.

His lack of progression should be most concerning for Jets fans. To me, it still looks like the NFL game is too fast for him. [B]Also, after 53 games, teams now have a lot of film on him and game plan accordingly to his tendencies and weaknesses.[/B]
    Bottom line, 2012 is a make or break season for Sanchez. Let's see what happens.[/QUOTE]

This actually speaks to the fact that he [I]has[/I] made minimal progress.

In performing at even an minimally increased level in a scenario where teams increasingly are able to exploit his weaknesses [while simulataneously he has been part of an offensive scheme that has consistently shown an unwillingness and inability to adapt to its own players' (as well as its opponents') strengths and weaknesses], tells me that as a player he has been able to adjust.

There simply is no hope for natural growth if are locked in a box. To this point in his career, Sanchez has essentially been one of those Japanese square cats.

I am hoping that the added dimension of an offensive scheme and coach that will coach to his strengths and to opponents' weaknesses, he'll be able to take the leap from average QB to good QB. And that's really all we need. Too many people here want him to be Drew Brees. It's not realistic.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4381030]Jordy is correct, when the Jets drafted Sanchez I thought it was a very good pick. I actually attended his first NFL game (at the Texans) and came away thinking, "Damn, the Jets are going to have a very good QB for the next 10 years".

His lack of progression should be most concerning for Jets fans. To me, it still looks like the NFL game is too fast for him. Also, after 53 games, teams now have a lot of film on him and game plan accordingly to his tendencies and weaknesses.

Bottom line, 2012 is a make or break season for Sanchez. Let's see what happens.[/QUOTE]

So you saw a pretty decent QB in 2009, for a rookie, yes?

And he was even a little better in 2010, yes?

But then 2011, he kind of fell off the table, yes?

So, do you average the 3 years and say--he's just mediocre, or do you look at the last year and ask, why did he regress?

Did anything change that might have caused the regression?

_

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4380493]Bradford showed more upside in his rookie year as he threw for more yards and better completion percentage than Sanchez ever has in one year. St. Louis has far less talent. Bradford has prototypical NFL size, an accurate live arm, and a better understanding of how to play the game.

He was hurt much of last year...
    If he plays poorly for 2 more years in a row with no progression then you can put him in the same category as Sanchez.

Right now there's not enough tape to say he's anything.

With that, I'd trade Sanchez in a heartbeat for Bradford.

I'm 75 percent sure Sanchez is a bad qb, while I'm only 50 percent sure Bradford is.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Good post

Banned
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4381051]So you saw a pretty decent QB in 2009, for a rookie, yes?

And he was even a little better in 2010, yes?

But then 2011, he kind of fell off the table, yes?

So, do you average the 3 years and say--he's just mediocre, or do you look at the last year and ask, why did he regress?

Did anything change that might have caused the regression?

_[/QUOTE]

Good questions, and I don't know the answers.

But basically, you have the same QB that you had in Sept '09 as you do in Jan '12 after 53 NFL starts.

And like I said in an earlier post, 2012 is the year Sanchez needs to go from an average/mediocre QB to that of an above average/very good QB, which is, I'm sure, what the Jets expected when they drafted him #5 overall.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4381057][B]Good questions, and I don't know the answers[/B].

But basically, you have the same QB that you had in Sept '09 as you do in Jan '12 after 53 NFL starts.

And like I said in an earlier post, 2012 is the year Sanchez needs to go from an average/mediocre QB to that of an above average/very good QB, which is, I'm sure, what the Jets expected when they drafted him #5 overall.[/QUOTE]

then you shouldnt be contributing to the conversation.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4381057]Good questions, and I don't know the answers.

And like I said in an earlier post, 2012 is the year Sanchez needs to go from an average/mediocre QB to that of an above average/very good QB, which is, I'm sure, what the Jets expected when they drafted him #5 overall.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I have the green glasses on, but the difference I saw from 2009/2010 to 2011 was a total breakdown in Sanchez's protection and he went into a shell.

I don't lump the 3 years together. I look at 2009 as a pretty sucessful start to a career, and 2010 as a modest but slightly progressed year. I look at 2011 as a year he got hammered and it totally effected his play and he looked awful.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4381059]then you shouldnt be contributing to the conversation.[/QUOTE]

Stop.

_

All Pro

Fair post.

I'm really hoping he'll improve with a simpler offense where he's better protected, if we give him a legit deep threat.

Only time will tell.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PMarsico9;4380948]The Seahawks were 7-9 and made the playoffs. The Rams did not make the playoffs in 2010. Seahawks had the tie-breaker and then Lynch blew up on the Saints in the playoffs and killed their chance to defend their title.[/QUOTE]

Stand corrected. Same record. Neither team deserved it IMO but it is what it is.

In any event, 2010 was a big turnaround for the Rams.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4380813]As someone who knows Sam and has watched him play for quite some time, my opinion is that, taken at face value, I would take Sam Bradford as my QB over Mark Sanchez on any day that ends in a "Y."

If Sam had been a Jet these past 3 seasons (I know he's only been in the NFL for 2, just saying), with the talent we had, I believe we would have won at least one of those 2 AFC Championship games. And then, who knows. He's THAT good.[/QUOTE]

Kind of a big leap of faith for Sam IMO.......Sanchez performed pretty well for a rookie and 2nd year QB in the AFCCG's....

490 yards......4 TDS....1 INT...7.8 YPA and 93.3 and 102.2 ratings.....Hard to expect a great deal more than that from the kid....Who knows what Bradford would have done but we have seen other young QB's melt in lesser situations...

Flacco....Ryan...Dalton last year, so hard to say Bradford would have done better especially last year, even being hurt the #'s were awful..

53%....6.0 YPA...same as his career mark and as many fumbles as Sanchez 10 with 7 lost in 200 fewer attempts....
    Last edited by jetsmetsrangers; 03-01-2012 at 03:40 PM.

I did not watch a lot of Bradford's games but those that hint that Sanchez had much better weapons is insane. Our WR corps is avg at best, our TE is avg (no YAC), RB can't catch (how many 3rd down drops). Line is decent but the weak link makes everything fall apart.
    Now in comparison to Brees... I understand the guy can play QB, but you cant say that Sanchez will never become Brees. The teams are completely different. Brees has ALL the weapons around him. Best RB from scrimmage! TE that can get open and make big plays after catch. WR that is tops in the league (plus complentary WR around him).
    Insert Brees in the Jets Offense last year and he wont sniff 5K yards, maybe even miss a few games due to the pounding he will take. Dont tell me that his pocket awareness will extend plays etc because Plax cant get open and holmes gets double teamed or quits... Dump of to Green...oops he drops it...crap and it was 3rd down to!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4381002]No he's not.

Period.

I'm guessing the inclusion of the word "Period" means the matter has been settled.

So since my "Period" came after yours, we're pretty much done here, right?

Period.

_[/QUOTE]

I know you've watched Mark Sanchez play.

Have you watched Sam Bradford play?

If you have, and you're saying that Bradford isn't a better QB than Mark Sanchez, then we obviously have different opinions as to what constitutes a good QB.

Either that, or you're just being a Sanchez apologist and ignoring the fact that Bradford has supremely more tools and overall abilities.

By the way, I like Mark Sanchez. I just think Bradfords a better QB. Can Bradford stay healthy? That's another question altogether.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4381064]Maybe I have the green glasses on, but the difference I saw from 2009/2010 to 2011 was a total breakdown in Sanchez's protection and he went into a shell.

I don't lump the 3 years together. I look at 2009 as a pretty sucessful start to a career, and 2010 as a modest but slightly progressed year. I look at 2011 as a year he got hammered and it totally effected his play and he looked awful.

_[/QUOTE]

It's not green glasses. There is no question there was a major regression in his protection in 2011, and it affected him signficantly. Even so, his 2011 wasn't as awful as people portray it. Not good, but by no means the worst QB play in the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4381099]Kind of a big leap of faith for Sam IMO.......Sanchez performed pretty well for a rookie and 2nd year QB in the AFCCG's....

490 yards......4 TDS....1 INT...7.8 YPA and 93.3 and 102.2 ratings.....Hard to expect a great deal more than that from the kid....Who knows what Bradford would have done but we have seen other young QB's melt in lesser situations...

Flacco....Ryan...Dalton last year, so hard to say Bradford would have done better especially last year, even being hurt the #'s were awful..

53%....6.0 YPA...same as his career mark and as many fumbles as Sanchez 10 with 7 lost in 200 fewer attempts....[/QUOTE]
    It is a leap of faith. I realize that.

Too many people here focus on stats. I doubt more than 10% of the people posting in this thread have actually watched more than one full game that Bradford has QB'd in the NFL. I could be wrong. But I'd be surprised if it was more than that.

You watch him play, and it doesn't take long to come to the conclusion that you're watching a professional QB with extraordinary skills. Sanchez still has that college gunslinger persona. He has tools but he hasn't learned how to use them on a consistent basis. Most of his problems are between the ears. The talent is there.

The bottom line is, Sanchez is our QB. Bradford isn't. So I'm rooting for Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4381105]I know you've watched Mark Sanchez play.

Have you watched Sam Bradford play?

If you have, and you're saying that Bradford isn't a better QB than Mark Sanchez, then we obviously have different opinions as to what constitutes a good QB.

Either that, or you're just being a Sanchez apologist and ignoring the fact that Bradford has supremely more tools and overall abilities.

By the way, I like Mark Sanchez. I just think Bradfords a better QB. Can Bradford stay healthy? That's another question altogether.[/QUOTE]

I have watched Bradford play--I just think they are two very young, very inexperienced PRO QBs with limited bodies of work and to state that one is an absolute better QB than the other PERIOD is just silly.

You've got your opinion. Adding the word "PERIOD" doesn't make it factual.

That's like comparing two of the current greats, Brady and (an uninjured) Manning, and me saying Manning (or Brady) is a better QB PERIOD.

Sounds just as silly.

Sanchez and Bradford are pretty close IMHO, so there CAN'T be a clear cut winner at this point, based upon what we've seen from them on the field (and not taking into account NFL pre-draft scouting reports).

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4381127]I have watched Bradford play--I just think they are two very young, very inexperienced PRO QBs with limited bodies of work and to state that one is an absolute better QB than the other PERIOD is just silly.

You've got your opinion. Adding the word "PERIOD" doesn't make it factual.

That's like comparing two of the current greats, Brady and (an uninjured) Manning, and me saying Manning (or Brady) is a better QB PERIOD.

Sounds just as silly.

Sanchez and Bradford are pretty close IMHO, so there CAN'T be a clear cut winner at this point, based upon what we've seen from them on the field (and not taking into account NFL pre-draft scouting reports).

_

_[/QUOTE]

its really hard to say Bradford is better then Mark. Mark has arguably had more success and Bradford has really only had one solid year and another gimpy one.

but I do think THIS year we will all agree on the answer to this question, whatever the answer may end up being.

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4380493]Bradford showed more upside in his rookie year as he threw for more yards and better completion percentage than Sanchez ever has in one year. St. Louis has far less talent. Bradford has prototypical NFL size, an accurate live arm, and a better understanding of how to play the game.

He was hurt much of last year...
    If he plays poorly for 2 more years in a row with no progression then you can put him in the same category as Sanchez.

Right now there's not enough tape to say he's anything.

With that, I'd trade Sanchez in a heartbeat for Bradford.

I'm 75 percent sure Sanchez is a bad qb, while I'm only 50 percent sure Bradford is.[/QUOTE]

Bradford also played in the NFC West. I'm not saying he's not going to be a great QB one day but he has yet to prove himself IMO.