Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: For the same fans who have given up on Sanchez, would you take Bradford?

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4380692]If you are not worried or concerned with Mark Sanchez's ability to be a franchise qb, then you are just being a Sanchez butt boy.

Listen, I like Sanchez. But what I have seen over the last 3 years is a guy who has not gotten any better at the qb position. He is pretty much the same guy he was when he walked in as the day 1 starter. I just dont see the growth.

But to sit here and say, "I have total faith in Mark Sanchez blah blah blah." Thats just total nonsense. He has done nothing to ellict that type of feeling in him as a player.[/QUOTE]

Not sure who this is addressed to, I'm also not sure who suggested in this thread that they have total faith in Sanchez, I know I didn't.

But he has shown plenty to suggest he can still become the franchise QB he showed flashes of becoming his first two years.

You say he's done nothing, then you didn't bother to watch his first two years in the league, and you obviously have no clue with regard of the issues the entire team had this past year, Sanchez's performance was a very small contributing factor. He had his bouts of inconsistency, but it was a complete team effort in their demise to an 8-8 finish.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380674]

1). What the hell does a top rated defense have to do with the offense?

2) There is nothing wrong with Sanchez' pocket presence, stop drawing straws to pretend you are smart, you aren't.

3) Pocket presence had nothing to do with Sanchez or any of his inconsistencies.

4) Not every GM in the league would take Bradford over Sanchez, again, that is debatable.

[/QUOTE]

1) Thanks for providing an example of a clueless fans.

2) Sanchez has the pocket presence of a Pop Warner QB, it sucks. He still does not know how to step up into the pocket to avoid the rush. His first step when he feels pressure is always laterally to the left or right.

3) See response #1

4) Name me one or two GM's that would take Samchez.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380694]There is nothing for you to touch, you aren't very bright.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

I have to admit, I am not bright enough to figure out that Hunter's futility was based on "missed calls" or assignments. How did you come up with that one?

The only person who missed an assignment was Hunter. He was on an island with Miller and got b!tched.

He played well in a couple of game in 2010 when the Jets could hide him b.c there was no tape on him. Teams looked at the tape in the offseason and noticed that he was the weak link. On the first play of the season Rob Ryan knew to exploit Hunter. Hunter is exposed now. There is no hiding him. You can't hide players in the NFL for long, and that holds true for Sanchez as well.

Don't have to be bright to figure that out.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380703]1) Thanks for providing an example of a clueless fans.

2) Sanchez has the pocket presence of a Pop Warner QB, it sucks. He still does not know how to step up into the pocket to avoid the rush. His first step when he feels pressure is always laterally to the left or right.

3) See response #1

4) Name me one or two GM's that would take Samchez.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://troll.me/images/butthurt-dweller/make-up-stories-to-troll-message-board-get-mad-when-called-out-for-it-thumb.jpg[/IMG]

How much longer before your next vacation?

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4380708]LOL.

I have to admit, I am not bright enough to figure out that Hunter's futility was based on "missed calls" or assignments. How did you come up with that one?

The only person who missed an assignment was Hunter. He was on an island with Miller and got b!tched.

He played well in a couple of game in 2010 when the Jets could hide him b.c there was no tape on him. Teams looked at the tape in the offseason and noticed that he was the weak link. On the first play of the season Rob Ryan knew to exploit Hunter. Hunter is exposed now. There is no hiding him. You can't hide players in the NFL for long, and that holds true for Sanchez as well.

Don't have to be bright to figure that out.[/QUOTE]

He played in the final 4 games of the season, and all 3 playoff games on the highest stage.

Not sure how a team can hide him.

Like I said, stop posting.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380674]What the hell does a top rated defense have to do with the offense?

There is nothing wrong with Sanchez' pocket presence, stop drawing straws to pretend you are smart, you aren't.

Pocket presence had nothing to do with Sanchez or any of his inconsistencies.

Bradford had a top RB and quality WR's to throw too, and supposedly, a good OC last year, and he sucked.

Not every GM in the league would take Bradford over Sanchez, again, that is debatable.

You said he is "light years" better, that is completely wrong.

You don't know ****

Take a hike, troll[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me with this sh*t?

If you're still a believer in Sanchez, then fine. But to say that his pocket awareness isn't a problem? Well, that's just batsh*t crazy.

Sanchez's accuracy, pocket awareness, and inability to read defenses are his biggest weaknesses. How could you even argue otherwise at this stage? The kid can't hit the broad side of a barn and he can't read a blitz to save his life. Seriously, a lot of people want to place the blame squarely on the OL but how many times did we see Sanchez simply hold on to the ball for too long and go into the fetal position as soon as someone got close to him? He has no feel for where the pressure is coming from.

I was one of Mark's biggest fans coming out of USC, but I'm not going to sit here and blindly defend the kid when he's not playing well. Those last three games of the season were totally disheartening. And I'm not going to sit here and pretend that the kid is going to magically turn into an elite QB just because we dumped Schotty.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think the point is most of us like Sanchez and hope he succeeds. But the red flags are there.

And if the franchise wants to move on now because they believe there is a cant miss prospect out there, I will understand that.

Jets Insider VIP
    The excuses some people make for Sanchez are seemingly endless.

"It's the O-lines fault"

"It's the receivers fault"

"It's the backfields fault"

"It's all Schitty's fault"

It seems like it's never Sanchez's fault.

If this kid needs a Top 5 OL, running game, WR corps, and defense year in and year out just to play at a respectable level...then he's not a franchise QB, period.

Ray Ray...

I love how you call people idiots while simultaneously making idiotic clueless and stupid points.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380572]I don't discuss football with posters who don't have a clue about the game.

If you think Sanchez is a better QB than Bradford, then you are one of them.[/QUOTE]

That's dismissive; you have nothing but a hunch regarding the difference. Sanchez showed quite a bit of poise, and produced at a high level.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380774]Ray Ray...

I love how you call people idiots while simultaneously making idiotic clueless and stupid points.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Its all in good fun. I enjoy it.

To be honest, I rather have more "idiots" around here than "intelligent rational fans", b.c I feel the "idiots" are better fans b.c there is no such thing as a "rational" fan.

I think people take this sh!t way too seriously sometimes. I really do think that some guys actually yell at their computers or phones.

Honestly, I don't think either project out to being great QB's.

And the biggest issue is that the league is now have/have not.

If your QB is less than incredible, odds are you won't win the super bowl. At least that's what history says.

Banned
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4380779]That's dismissive; you have nothing but a hunch regarding the difference. Sanchez showed quite a bit of poise, and produced at a high level.[/QUOTE]

No, my comments were based on watching both QB's play.

If you seriously think Sanchez showed "poise" in the pocket, then you are not watching closely enough.

Just curious, what has Sanchez produced at a high level?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380782]
    Just curious, what has Sanchez produced at a high level?[/QUOTE]

Your a dummy. This is simple.

Pick 6s and TOs.

LOL.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380650]First off, all you have to do is watch them play with your eyes.

If you can't tell that Bradford is a much more polished QB (great pocket presence, much better mechanics, and the ability to actually read defenses) then you are blind.

Not to mention Bradford joined one of the worst teams in the NFL all the while Sanchez had a top rated defense and running game just handed to him.

Every GM in the league would take Bradford over Sanchez, and that includes your boy Tanny.[/QUOTE]

You need to shut up; Rex said (among many things) that he would try to improve the Red Zone offense; Sanchez DELIVERED.

Bradford is Chadford. Let's see him upright for a few postseason games. And the Jets didn't HAND a top team to Sanchez as a rookie. That team fought their way along with a rookie QB.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380782]No, my comments were based on watching both QB's play.

If you seriously think Sanchez showed "poise" in the pocket, then you are not watching closely enough.

Just curious, what has Sanchez produced at a high level?[/QUOTE]

4 road playoff games; tying the NFL record.

All League
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4380764]The excuses some people make for Sanchez are seemingly endless.

"It's the O-lines fault"

"It's the receivers fault"

"It's the backfields fault"

"It's all Schitty's fault"

It seems like it's never Sanchez's fault.

If this kid needs a Top 5 OL, running game, WR corps, and defense year in and year out just to play at a respectable level...then he's not a franchise QB, period.[/QUOTE]

Sure, Sanchez needs to get better for sure. But the O-Line [I]was pretty bad[/I], two of his [I]WR's were lazy and not on board with the team[/I], and [I]Schotty was not good for Mark's development[/I].

Banned
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4380792]4 road playoff games; tying the NFL record.[/QUOTE]

Two year old news, and totally insignificant as to where Sanchez is today.

How did he perform down the stretch last year when all the Jets had to do to make the playoffs was win 1 out of 3 games?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380802]Two year old news, and totally insignificant as to where Sanchez is today.

[/QUOTE]

Explain that? His brain shrunk? :dunno:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4380292]Bradford had a terrible sophomore year, but he was offensive rookie of the year in '10 and had much worse o-line and WR corps to work with. Unlike Sanchez, he was drafted onto a terrible team. Calling all of these young QBs who landed on teams with nothing around them as "busts" in comparison to Sanchez is just silly. The beauty of your hypothetical is that it will be decided next year after Bradford spends a year under Schotty's regime.[/QUOTE]
    As someone who knows Sam and has watched him play for quite some time, my opinion is that, taken at face value, I would take Sam Bradford as my QB over Mark Sanchez on any day that ends in a "Y."

If Sam had been a Jet these past 3 seasons (I know he's only been in the NFL for 2, just saying), with the talent we had, I believe we would have won at least one of those 2 AFC Championship games. And then, who knows. He's THAT good.