Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: For the same fans who have given up on Sanchez, would you take Bradford?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

For the same fans who have given up on Sanchez, would you take Bradford?

I think it's pathetic so many have given up on Sanchez, one year, a year he statistically improved, but the team had a regressive year, all due to a myriad of issues that have been well documented and discussed, my own opinion as well, in a nutshell, chemistry, locker room problems, and players not being on same page as staff, especially on offense, contributed to the issues, not any single player or coach. Injuries, key changes on offense at TE and FB, as well as the OL that hurt.

Anyway, for the fans jumping off the Sanchez bandwagon, most of which I think is preposterous, would you same fans, if opportunity was there, would you want Sam Bradford?

What about the chance to draft RGIII?

Why?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The major problem with Sanchez is his pocket awarness, if i can work that and the foot work he will be just fine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am absolutely sure Sanchez will prove to be a great QB next year. I'm expecting big things from him and a turn in the right direction from the Jets.

The Jets FO should just stay the course with him, and continue to build the team with young, hungry players around him. He can do it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, you're begging for trouble; you're saying it's pathetic that some posters disagree with you. :jets17
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 02-29-2012 at 11:56 PM. Reason: inner urge

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380274]What about the chance to draft RGIII?

Why?[/QUOTE]
    There's no chance for RG3. Jets won't give up on Sanchez and have nothing to offer for the pick #2.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradford had a terrible sophomore year, but he was offensive rookie of the year in '10 and had much worse o-line and WR corps to work with. Unlike Sanchez, he was drafted onto a terrible team. Calling all of these young QBs who landed on teams with nothing around them as "busts" in comparison to Sanchez is just silly. The beauty of your hypothetical is that it will be decided next year after Bradford spends a year under Schotty's regime.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 02-29-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Silva;4380282]The major problem with Sanchez is his pocket awarness, if i can work that and the foot work he will be just fine.[/QUOTE]

In 2011, but in 2010 he was escaping pass rush left and right.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE-1n1Y04pQ"]1:45 to Braylon[/URL]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most Jet fans dont want to hear this, but the Jets need to stay the course for once and build around their young qb.
    The constant changing of the guard at qb and coach is not a successful blueprint to any organization.
    If Tanny and Rex dont like what Mark has done, maybe they need to look in the mirror.
    Fix the line, find a damn wr corp you like and stay with it, find a qb coach that knows what the hell he is doing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    We know that Fisher is going to run the ball; and that Schotty knows how to do this as Jason gave him above average marks (have you seen his calculations?) for calling the running game. Bradford under Schotty is not the issue, even though it appears relevant to this thread. Leave Schotty out of this, eh? Please.

Sanchez will become a more complete and consistent passer; especially taking advantage of the play action. Bradford would be much worse odds to lead a rebounding team. Sanchez has much more going for him on this team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4380301]We know that Fisher is going to run the ball; and that Schotty knows how to do this as Jason gave him above average marks (have you seen his calculations?) for calling the running game. Bradford under Schotty is not the issue, even though it appears relevant to this thread. Leave Schotty out of this, eh? Please.

Sanchez will become a more complete and consistent passer; especially taking advantage of the play action. Bradford would be much worse odds to lead a rebounding team. Sanchez has much more going for him on this team.[/QUOTE]

I have a good feeling about Mark Sanchez in 2012. If he ran the Dolphins offense, which is essentially the same offense that the Cowboys ran in the early 90's, it'll make things so much simpler. He just needs the components (RT, WR, RB), and the offense will be fine.

Getting back on track (sorry WCO, I get excited too), you can't really compare one to the other. Bradford has missed a lot of time, and has not played in any big games in the NFL that merit him to even be in the discussion. As crazy as people get when you say "Sanchez won 4 road playoff games and has been in 2 AFCC games", and then compare him to a higher level QB (Rodger, Brady, etc), you can't start to compare Bradford to Sanchez.

It's a question that comes up, but I think at this point it's difficult to justify taking Bradford over Sanchez, other than having a bad taste in your mouth from how 2011 ended.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380274]I think it's pathetic so many have given up on Sanchez, one year, a year he statistically improved, but the team had a regressive year, all due to a myriad of issues that have been well documented and discussed, my own opinion as well, in a nutshell, chemistry, locker room problems, and players not being on same page as staff, especially on offense, contributed to the issues, not any single player or coach. Injuries, key changes on offense at TE and FB, as well as the OL that hurt.

Anyway, for the fans jumping off the Sanchez bandwagon, most of which I think is preposterous, would you same fans, if opportunity was there, would you want Sam Bradford?

What about the chance to draft RGIII?

Why?[/QUOTE]

I have to admit this and I am saying this.... Oh MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

[B][SIZE="3"]I AGREE WITH YOU 100%[/SIZE][/B]:eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    bradford's career has just taken a turn for the worse with the hiring of schitty. bradford had a pretty exciting rookie season even if he didn't have great stats. now he's playing for a second coach in his short career and it happens to be schitty. of course fisher knows the game so it's hard to imagine that schitty will get away with the ineptness he showed with the jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4380292]Bradford had a terrible sophomore year, but he was offensive rookie of the year in '10 and had much worse o-line and WR corps to work with. Unlike Sanchez, he was drafted onto a terrible team. Calling all of these young QBs who landed on teams with nothing around them as "busts" in comparison to Sanchez is just silly. The beauty of your hypothetical is that it will be decided next year after Bradford spends a year under Schotty's regime.[/QUOTE]

+1 I feel for Sam really think he could have had a good career but right now it looks like he is just being wasted.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the bigger question is, if Sanchez is their man, why is Tanny saying things like, "he didn't progress enough" in 2011, not dispelling the Peyton rumors, rumors about the Jets considering moving up for RGIII, etc? I don't believe Peyton or RGIII will happen, but isn't it obvious that the FO is ready to dump Sanchez given a better opportunity? They don't seem to view him as the "Sanchize" at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ37/12;4380297]Most Jet fans dont want to hear this, but the Jets need to stay the course for once and build around their young qb.
    The constant changing of the guard at qb and coach is not a successful blueprint to any organization.
    If Tanny and Rex dont like what Mark has done, maybe they need to look in the mirror.
    Fix the line, find a damn wr corp you like and stay with it, find a qb coach that knows what the hell he is doing.[/QUOTE]

No I totally disagree with your post!!!!:P

Why shouldn't the Jets do what they always seem to do not develop their own players, get FA that don't work out and then rely on rabbits feet to advance in the playoffs. With that type of lack of planning we can all hope for a Jets SB victory sometime in 2057.....

It's insanity....:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not given up on Sanchez, but in a hypothetical situation I would prefer Bradford over Sanchez. Despite the regression Bradford went through last season, Bradford is a cerebral, accurate passer, and with weapons I think he could perform well......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ37/12;4380297]Most Jet fans dont want to hear this, but the Jets need to stay the course for once and build around their young qb.
    Fix the line, find a damn wr corp you like and stay with it, find a qb coach that knows what the hell he is doing.[/QUOTE]

+1

My sentiments exactly

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=carlito1171;4380313]I have not given up on Sanchez, but in a hypothetical situation I would prefer Bradford over Sanchez. Despite the regression Bradford went through last season, Bradford is a cerebral, accurate passer, and with weapons I think he could perform well......[/QUOTE]

Frankly I don't know why Bradford should even be in this discussion, different draft year and draft position. Stafford, however... :cool:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a little indifferent towards what they do. I can live with it if the FO decides to make a change and I understand why they may want to give him another shot with a new cast.

All I have to say is Sanchez and the Jets better get off to a good start next year. It is going to be open season should they stumble out of the gate.

And not for nothing, I don't think anyone should feel sorry for Sanchez. Sanchez gets nowhere near the amount of abuse that Eli got. He gets abused in this forum, but Eli got killed in the locker room, on TV, in the newspapers and nearly everywhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4380288]Ray, you're begging for trouble; you're saying it's pathetic that some posters disagree with you. :jets17[/QUOTE]

I'm begging for trouble because I'm giving my opinion?

I'm saying it's pathetic to dump on Sanchez at this point in his career considering he's a 3 year QB who has flashed tremendous upside, and has shown inconsistencies, a career path thusfar that almost mirrors Eli Manning.

Disagree with me all you want.