Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanny on w/ Boomer & Carton this AM

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Tanny on w/ Boomer & Carton this AM

They asked him a bunch of questions but one really stuck out to me.

Bommer asked Tanny if there was anyone in FA who they'll be at that players door at 12:01 on the first day of free agency. And he responded with a quick no, not this year. Also said they will be more looking to resign their own guys first.

Nothing shocking to me here at all. But it does pretty much confirm we aren't going after any of the real big names as they will go fast and cost big $$$$$.

Also I know this could change and he has to be careful with what he says but Tanny was asked if Hunter is the starter and he said yes. And was asked again if Hunter will be the starter opening day and Tanny said again yes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So 7-9,8-8 or 9-7 is a realistic goal and we should all prepare ourselves now.
    Last edited by GMCJETS; 03-01-2012 at 08:55 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    With more than 25% of all NFL players free agents there are going to be a lot of bargains in the market but Rex's loyalty to Hunter is very troubling. Looks like an 8-8 season next year as they try and determine if Sanchez is worth the money and if Rex can make the leap to HC

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4380531]So 7-9,8-8 or 9-7 is a realistic goal and we should all prepare ourselves now.[/QUOTE]

name a FA you think is out there that is worth that kind of response from us?

and your post makes little sense. because the Jets arent going to overspend on a FA we are doomed? there are other ways to build a team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would think by now that people would realize whatever Tanny [I]says[/I] the Jets are going to do, is quite different from what they [I]actually[/I] do.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4380534]I would think by now that people would realize whatever Tanny [I]says[/I] the Jets are going to do, is quite different from what they [I]actually[/I] do.[/QUOTE]

I second that!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4380534]I would think by now that people would realize whatever Tanny [I]says[/I] the Jets are going to do, is quite different from what they [I]actually[/I] do.[/QUOTE]

Let's hope that pattern continues. Because his Hunter is still starting, we can't expect much more out of Sanchez or the rest of offense than we got last year. He's more than just a weak link. Or less, I guess.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380533]name a FA you think is out there that is worth that kind of response from us?

and your post makes little sense. because the Jets arent going to overspend on a FA we are doomed? there are other ways to build a team.[/QUOTE]

I dont know,but if they dont improve the team in multiple areas and we finished 8-8 with the very same guys we had last year my statement isnt all that far fetched.

What rookies can we draft that will come in make an immediate impact by winning us a few games?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380533]name a FA you think is out there that is worth that kind of response from us?

[/QUOTE]

Mario Williams

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this thread is laughable...

what does it do to his bargaining position the second he says that lets say branch is the guy? lol...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380547]Mario Williams[/QUOTE]

Instantly upgrades the defense and provides a much needed pass rusher.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380547]Mario Williams[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4380550]Instantly upgrades the defense and provides a much needed pass rusher.[/QUOTE]

agreed and i posted something about this a couple of weeks ago.

however, since then the texans have basically publicly announced they will break the bank for him which we can't do. so we can forget that.

let me rephrase that...a player who we can reasonably wait at their door because we have a shot at signing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4380546]I dont know,but if they dont improve the team in multiple areas and we finished 8-8 with the very same guys we had last year my statement isnt all that far fetched.

What rookies can we draft that will come in make an immediate impact by winning us a few games?[/QUOTE]

and why does that have to be done by pouncing on a guy 1 minute into free agency?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't put much stock into what Tranny says on the radio but I will entertain this.

OK, lets assume Hunter is the first game starter, then this should be the first strike against Sparano b.c I think Sparano is cocky enough to think that he could fix him. Just like Rex thinks he can fix players. Hunter cannot be fixed and I think Sparano had a lot of say in their decision to keep Hunter.

Who is going to fix Sanchez when is dismembered on the first snap of the year again? If I am Sanchez, I demand they find me a better RT. This is one of the times where it is OK for the "leader" to single out a teammate and make a "selfish" demand. Hunter is not good for the team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4380550]Instantly upgrades the defense and provides a much needed pass rusher.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree, Williams is the real deal.

I really hope the Pats take a run at him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380560]Absolutely agree, Williams is the real deal.

I really hope the Pats take a run at him.[/QUOTE]

Pats are going to get Wallace. They will use one of their sh!tty first-round picks to get him.

I don't think Belichick gives a sh*t about the defense anymore. He coaches them up throughout the season with the hopes they gel in time for the playoffs. I think the Pats put all their resources into giving Brady the best chance to do what he does.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not every team's god given right to pursue the #1 and #2 FA every year. Some years you spend the money on new guys, other years you lock up your own guys or simply make tweaks.

The Jets will have the room to bring to make some tweaks this year. Wayne Hunter is a question mark for sure but its not like there is some great replacement out there.

At the end of the day, the team will go as far as Sanchez allows them to. If he can cut down on his stupid errors from last year, the Jets are a playoff team. If he continues to throw the 4 yard INT, its 8-8 again.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380557]and why does that have to be done by pouncing on a guy 1 minute into free agency?[/QUOTE]

It has to do with improving the team and upgrading at specific positions. If you remember last year we waited for Aso and lost out on others that could have helped this team win games.

If we dont improve at various positions 7-9,8-8 or 9-7 is a reality any way you decide to look at it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Woody took the checkbook away from Tanny.

After breaking the bank on the likes of Calvin Pace, Bart Scott Santonio Holmes etc, Woody finally realized Tannenclown has no clue what he is doing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4380562]

I don't think Belichick gives a sh*t about the defense anymore. He coaches them up throughout the season with the hopes they gel in time for the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

That philosophy is a crap shoot at best.

A player like Williams takes a crappy secondary and instantly makes them serviceable.

Pats need a big-time pass rusher.