Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tanny on w/ Boomer & Carton this AM

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4380791]I have no idea what their cap situation is - are they able to keep him if they so desire?[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard and read, they will be able to keep one or the other, not both.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4380720]Some of the posts in this thread by a few individuals are absolutely comical... Just blatant trolling with little interest outside of getting a rise out of others. Hurts the board imo[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more. How about we let the entire board listen to the interview from the GM of the NY Jets verbatim & then comment:

[URL]http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on-demand/boomer-carton/[/URL]#

Scroll down to the fourth podcast & click on [U]Mike Tannenbaum[/U]. Pay special attention to when Boomer asks him directly about bringing back Braylon.

Enjoy. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380582]That philosophy is a crap shoot at best.

A player like Williams takes a crappy secondary and instantly makes them serviceable.

Pats need a big-time pass rusher.[/QUOTE]

You know what else can make a crappy secondary serviceable?

When the quarterback that they're facing is Penny Boy Wonder.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    with all due respect for the anger and tumult expressed about Tanny or this interview...

does anybody actually believe that anything any GM including Tanny or any coach says in a radio interview with any sportstalk radio host actually is a statement of what the FO or coach of an NFL team actually thinks or is about to do?

What do we expect him to say... yes, Craig, our Right Tackle stinks and won't be around in September??

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think Tanny would have lost any competitive edge by simply saying, "we'll be doing our diligence like we do every year and examining the FA market to see if anyone suits our needs. We're always looking for ways to make the team better."

For him to definitively come out and say that the Jets have no one they are going to pursue aggressively and focus on re-signings leads me to think he might actually be telling the truth this time. But of course, who who knows.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would he show his hand so early in the game? That would be dumb.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4380531]So 7-9,8-8 or 9-7 is a realistic goal and we should all prepare ourselves now.[/QUOTE]

Right because if we don't sign someone and 12:01 it guarantees that kind of record.

You should just pack it up and come back 3/1/2013.

I said it before, will say it again.

Anyone who believes a word Tanny says in the off season is either a total idiot or hasn't paid any attention to him in the past.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380676]Not only do the Texans have to deal with Williams, they also have to deal with Arian Foster.

A lot of talk down here is because the way the young defense played without Williams, they will let him hit the open market.[/QUOTE]Tampa has 60 million to spend and needs to spend 95% of cap ,I could see them paying Mario 14 million per

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;4380548]this thread is laughable...

what does it do to his bargaining position the second he says that lets say branch is the guy? lol...[/QUOTE]

When it comes to the draft and Free Agency, GMs lie. Anyone hanging on Tanny's words is fooling themselves.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4380833]I couldn't agree with you more. How about we let the entire board listen to the interview from the GM of the NY Jets verbatim & then comment:

[URL]http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on-demand/boomer-carton/[/URL]#

Scroll down to the fourth podcast & click on [U]Mike Tannenbaum[/U]. Pay special attention to when Boomer asks him directly about bringing back Braylon.

Enjoy. ;)[/QUOTE]

Typical GM speak. Doesn't mean he will or he won't bring him back. Nothing to see here, really....

Funny how you're just grasping for ANY news that suggests that Braylon won't be brought back.

Your only hope at this point is that his knee is more messed up then we all realized.....otherwise, Holmes is going to get upstaged....AGAIN. :cool:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The more I think of it the more I believe Tanna is lieing. Why would the NYJETS come out and tell everyone there free agent targets and plans?

I dont know what it is but I feel we are gonna sign Braylon Edwards,Jarret Johnson and Mario Williams and address other needs in the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;4381424]Typical GM speak. Doesn't mean he will or he won't bring him back. Nothing to see here, really....
    Funny how you're just grasping for ANY news that suggests that Braylon won't be brought back.
    Your only hope at this point is that his knee is more messed up then we all realized.....otherwise, Holmes is going to get upstaged....AGAIN. :cool:[/QUOTE]

All kidding aside you seriously believe BE is better than Holmes? If yes, I'm off this discussion due to a level of incomprehension that is undebateable.

What is important is I just got home and found a package from 1 Jets Drive on my porch. I bid on some NFL charity items and forgot all about it, until now. I just opened the box and a chill ran down my spine as I pulled out #60 D'Bricks Season Used Locker Name Plate along with a COA from the team.

It's too metaphoric for explanation, but I don't think D'Brick wants the guy who almost got him arrested and possibly injured in a drunk driving accident back on this team either.
    Last edited by Limolady; 03-01-2012 at 10:56 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least Pouha should be back.

:dunno:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4381483]At least Pouha should be back.
    :dunno:[/QUOTE]

Now Sione is very discussion worthy and I hope he stays. I see Pouha, Harris, DeVito and Wilkerson stepping up as team leaders this season and working with the rookies in developing into instant contributors.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4380530]They asked him a bunch of questions but one really stuck out to me.

Bommer asked Tanny if there was anyone in FA who they'll be at that players door at 12:01 on the first day of free agency. And he responded with a quick no, not this year. Also said they will be more looking to resign their own guys first.

Nothing shocking to me here at all. But it does pretty much confirm we aren't going after any of the real big names as they will go fast and cost big $$$$$.

Also I know this could change and he has to be careful with what he says but Tanny was asked if Hunter is the starter and he said yes. And was asked again if Hunter will be the starter opening day and Tanny said again yes.[/QUOTE]
    Another question I'd like an answer to:

Is Eric Smith going to be on the team in 2012 and, if so, will he be a starter?

This guy IMO is no better than a ST player and $2M is way too much to pay a ST player. The Jets would save $2M on the cap by cutting this guy. So the answer I would hope for is "No, he's gone."

If that's not a no-brainer, then there is no such thing as a no-brainer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4381722]Another question I'd like an answer to:

Is Eric Smith going to be on the team in 2012 and, if so, will he be a starter?

This guy IMO is no better than a ST player and $2M is way too much to pay a ST player. The Jets would save $2M on the cap by cutting this guy. So the answer I would hope for is "No, he's gone."

If that's not a no-brainer, then there is no such thing as a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]

I love Rex--almost everything about him--but his loyalty to a few guys that have really sucked bugs me.

I know we're not going to know anything for sure until August--but Smith and Hunter I just don't get. Better not see Mulligan back on a new reduced contract.

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4380657]If we don't overspend in FA and don't make any high profile blockbuster moves, we may end up JUST like the Giants last year who totally f*cked up free agaency and their off season moves.

Man Jerry Reese really f*cked up last year sitting on his hands.

_[/QUOTE]
    Difference is, Jerry Reese has hit home runs in the 1st round for the last several years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4381747]Difference is, Jerry Reese has hit home runs in the 1st round for the last several years.[/QUOTE]

I was joking.

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4381746]I love Rex--almost everything about him--but his loyalty to a few guys that have really sucked bugs me.

I know we're not going to know anything for sure until August--but Smith and Hunter I just don't get. Better not see Mulligan back on a new reduced contract.

_[/QUOTE]
    What is your opinion on Garrett McIntyre?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4381750]What is your opinion on Garrett McIntyre?[/QUOTE]

JAG