Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tanny on w/ Boomer & Carton this AM

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4381762]JAG[/QUOTE]

Not even. Special teams at best, IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sg3;4381391]with all due respect for the anger and tumult expressed about Tanny or this interview...

does anybody actually believe that anything any GM including Tanny or any coach says in a radio interview with any sportstalk radio host actually is a statement of what the FO or coach of an NFL team actually thinks or is about to do?

What do we expect him to say... yes, Craig, our Right Tackle stinks and won't be around in September??[/QUOTE]
    He says what he said about Sanchez.

"We'll explore all of our options"

Why didn't he endorse Sanchez and say he was going to be our starter?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4381779]Not even. Special teams at best, IMO.[/QUOTE]
    Maybe.

But only when WE are kicking.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4381750]What is your opinion on Garrett McIntyre?[/QUOTE]

JAG. If Westoff thinks he can play specials--fine--I'm can't get excited about the bottom 5 guys on the roster. If he were replaced by some other guy named Garrett McTony, fine.

I don't really see him as a rotational player in the base defense.

If he comes into camp and is outplaying everyone--I'll change my tune.

_

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4380676]Not only do the Texans have to deal with Williams, they also have to deal with Arian Foster.

A lot of talk down here is because the way the young defense played without Williams, they will let him hit the open market.[/QUOTE]

Foster is an RFA. They'll probably just max tender him and go to work on Super Mario. If some team is willing to give a 1st and a 3rd I think they would bite the bullet and let Foster walk. That is solid return on investment considering Foster was a UDFA.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4381782]He says what he said about Sanchez.

"We'll explore all of our options"

Why didn't he endorse Sanchez and say he was going to be our starter?[/QUOTE]

Tanny has said that about every position and every potential move outside of C, RT and the corner spot occupied by the golden child.

I am OK with sanchez and think he deserves at least another year, but it would be negligent for him not to explore all his options. If we found out that Peyton Manning was healthy and a FA and wanted to come to the Jets for the league minimum but our GM wasn't "exploring all his options" we would want T's head on a platter.

If you ever listen to T on the radio he says that line about just about every situation.
    Who are you taking with the first pick? "We'll explore all of our options"
    Who are you getting in FA? "We'll explore all of our options"
    What do you think about your safeties? "We'll explore all of our options"
    What do you think about your RBs? "We'll explore all of our options"

Are you trying to prove that the organisation has questions about their QB? If so, i say "Duh". He is ranked towards the middle-bottom of the league. How can you not explore options about a player ranked like that for his position? He isn't saying that he has lost all faith in the kid.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4381918]Tanny has said that about every position and every potential move outside of C, RT and the corner spot occupied by the golden child.

I am OK with sanchez and think he deserves at least another year, but it would be negligent for him not to explore all his options. If we found out that Peyton Manning was healthy and a FA and wanted to come to the Jets for the league minimum but our GM wasn't "exploring all his options" we would want T's head on a platter.

If you ever listen to T on the radio he says that line about just about every situation.

Are you trying to prove that the organisation has questions about their QB? If so, i say "Duh". He is ranked towards the middle-bottom of the league. How can you not explore options about a player ranked like that for his position? He isn't saying that he has lost all faith in the kid.[/QUOTE]

Sound Post stopped me from jumping!!!!:D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4381918]Tanny has said that about every position and every potential move outside of C, RT and the corner spot occupied by the golden child.

Are you trying to prove that the organisation has questions about their QB? If so, i say "Duh". He is ranked towards the middle-bottom of the league. How can you not explore options about a player ranked like that for his position? He isn't saying that he has lost all faith in the kid.[/QUOTE]
    You missed my point which was why didn't Tanny say "We'll explore all of our options" when asked about Wayne Hunter?

Hunter certainly falls into the categoy of option exploring based on the season he just had.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4382322]You missed my point which was why didn't Tanny say "[B]We'll explore all of our options" when asked about Wayne Hunter?[/B]
    Hunter certainly falls into the categoy of option exploring based on the season he just had.[/QUOTE]

good point..adamant on hunter starting not on sanchez?????? im starting to feel everyday as far reaching as it may appear i.e. cap..mannings willingness to come here..difficulty trading sanchez..sporano not coming here to be a puppet..THAT JETS WILL ATTEMPT TO PURSUE MANNING...

[QUOTE=Limolady;4381472]All kidding aside you seriously believe BE is better than Holmes? If yes, I'm off this discussion due to a level of incomprehension that is undebateable. [/quote]

To answer the question : No. I do not believe that. I'm not so far gone in my fandom that I would believe that. So you can stay with this discussion. I'll miss you if you leave. :D

[quote]What is important is I just got home and found a package from 1 Jets Drive on my porch. I bid on some NFL charity items and forgot all about it, until now. I just opened the box and a chill ran down my spine as I pulled out #60 D'Bricks Season Used Locker Name Plate along with a COA from the team.

It's too metaphoric for explanation, but I don't think D'Brick wants the guy who almost got him arrested and possibly injured in a drunk driving accident back on this team either.[/QUOTE]

ROFLMAO!! You are so cute when you're grasping for straws. ;)

Must've cost you a pretty penny to get that name-plate, though...
    Last edited by Vin; 03-02-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Plax, career wise, is unquestionably a better wideout than Braylon

however, Braylon's career with the Jets is unquestionably better than Plax' career with the Jets

make the change

[QUOTE=Limolady;4381472][B]All kidding aside you seriously believe BE is better than Holmes? If yes, I'm off this discussion due to a level of incomprehension that is undebateable. [/B]

What is important is I just got home and found a package from 1 Jets Drive on my porch. I bid on some NFL charity items and forgot all about it, until now. I just opened the box and a chill ran down my spine as I pulled out #60 D'Bricks Season Used Locker Name Plate along with a COA from the team.

It's too metaphoric for explanation, but I don't think D'Brick wants the guy who almost got him arrested and possibly injured in a drunk driving accident back on this team either.[/QUOTE]

When healthy, he is.

You don't think D'Brick wants BE back on the team? Well, we have proof that A LOT of Jets don't want Santonio back on the team.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4380720]Some of the posts in this thread by a few individuals are absolutely comical... Just blatant trolling with little interest outside of getting a rise out of others. Hurts the board imo[/QUOTE]
    Got that right bro