Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like all is well with Jets RT position.

All League
    Wait, why are people *****ing about John Conner now? He had almost nothing to do with pass protection. He was only in for 50 passing snaps all year and didn't give up a sack.

He's primarily a run blocker and a good one at that. PFF rated him as the #7 blocking FB in the league in the first year he had significant playing time.

[url]http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6165[/url]

Apparently, shotty was behind this as well.

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4380643]And who's fault is it that we had inferior TE and FB play and talent:confused:

Answer= [SIZE=3][B]TANNENBUAM[/B][/SIZE]

That Tannenbaum would act like the current state of affairs with the Jets is an "act of God" or like he is a season ticket holder and act like his very [B][SIZE=3]MOVES[/SIZE][/B] aren't the reason why the Jets had a melt down on offense is a DISGRACE!!![/QUOTE]

Cumberland got hurt, they couldn't bring back every FA. Not Tannenbaum's fault Conner was a young player that probably played a role.

There are always moves every team or GM makes that doesn't work out. Tannenbaum has done plenty of good, more good than bad in the work he's done as GM of the Jets.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ozu;4380655]Wait, why are people *****ing about John Conner now? He had almost nothing to do with pass protection. He was only in for 50 passing snaps all year and didn't give up a sack.

He's primarily a run blocker and a good one at that. PFF rated him as the #7 blocking FB in the league in the first year he had significant playing time.[/QUOTE]

It's not people, it's ray ray who has his head up his arse.

Hall Of Fame
    John Conner = Rex's pick.

His "hand-picked" FB.

Have to be fair to Tranny on that one. He is going to be taking a lot of lumps, I figured I would stick up for him.

T Rich > Conner, yes. But I actually think Conner will be OK. He has to develop a rhythm or feel to his blocking. He only has one speed. He is only going to get better.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 03-01-2012 at 10:17 AM.

[QUOTE=srobjets;4380644]6-10 here we come.

If any of this is true, then this will suck.[/QUOTE]

The year is a concession in a lot of ways. Next year's cap situation is much better and Sanchez can be cut following this season.

I don't think 9-7 is beyond reason, but anybody with a smudge of intelligence will realize quickly that you only truly have a shot at winning a championship if your QB is in the league's upper-echelon.

As Rich Gannon has said repeatedly, Sanchez doesn't really project out to being that. He's more Kyle Orton than Tom Brady. That's what he projects out to be, too.

There's two other teams constructed similarly (although better talent-wise than the Jets) the Ravens and Niners.

All these teams do is get to the Championship games. If that's OK by you, then yeah that's what extending Sanchez means.

But until you have a top tier QB, you can't really be taken seriously. At least by me.

If it wasn't so successful in drawing fans to this Arena ball crap then I firmly believe that the bump and run zone would be at 10 yards at this point to counter the over protection of QB's and WR's. Which is stupid as far as I'm concerned anyway because guys are always going to get hurt.

I mean the league's best running back tore his ACL this season and nobody's proposing rules that makes hitting the RB below the waste illegal, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ozu;4380655]Wait, why are people *****ing about John Conner now? He had almost nothing to do with pass protection. He was only in for 50 passing snaps all year and didn't give up a sack.

He's primarily a run blocker and a good one at that. PFF rated him as the #7 blocking FB in the league in the first year he had significant playing time.[/QUOTE]

Bro People arent' saying the FB play was subpar the GM Tanny Boy is saying it!!!

That is why I called Tanny out on my earlier post he blames evryone but himself!!! When has he EVER said I made a significant mistake. He doesn't do that it is always Kendall or Mawae, or (lie) B Ewards didn't want to be here. See people forget this isn't the first time under Tanny's watch that we had subpar OL play. If we can recall the poor OL play got Chad hurt AGAIN and Clemmons running for his life!!!,

The poor OL play back then was in many ways why Clemons isn't here and developed happy feet!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380603]Too many fans dump on Hunter when the real problems with pass protection last year was due to sub-par play at TE and FB. Tannenbaum eluded to this during that same interview, and it's absolutely the truth.

Richardson retiring, and Hartsock not being brought back, and then Cumberland going down to injury hurt the depth and blocking on the OL. Conner has the potential, but it was his first year as a starter, he improved as the year progressed, but he was shaky to start the year. Add the fact that Greene took over as the starter at RB, pass protection was inconsistent.

Too many fans look explicitly at the OL, but it's not just the OL, it's the TE, FB, and RB that all have a role, especially against the blitz.[/QUOTE]
    You can't be serious. Well I know you are. But you are living in a fantasy world Ray.

You are seriously attempting to make excuses for Hunter? Yes, that is exactly what you're doing. You're putting blame elsewhere.

He is arguably the worst starting RT in the NFL. Do you honestly believe that all of the other 31 teams have solid TE, FB and RB blocking to help their RT's? The Jets are the only team to have such issues?

Stop. Hunter is AT BEST a backup. And I'm not convinced he's suitable in THAT role, much less a starter.

Tanny will lose his job if Hunter is the starting RT. Unless, of course, Hunter inexplicably morphs into Jonathan Ogden in the next few months.

If you want Tanny and Rex gone next season, then root for Hunter to be the starting RT.

All League
    Tanny is trying to get sanchez killed

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh, by the way. Any of you who have dreams of Peyton Manning signing with the Jets, just went up in smoke.

Does anyone seriously believe that Manning would sign with the Jets after hearing that Wayne Hunter will be the starting RT?

Dream on.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4380622][B]March 2009[/B]
    Mike Tannenbaum: We expect Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff to be our starting QB next year.

[B]April 2009[/B]
    Roger Goodell: With the 5th pick of the 2009 NFL Draft, the NY Jets select Mark Sanchez.

Moral of the story: Don't believe what Tanny says in March.[/QUOTE]

... hahahahahaahaa, well said! :cool: ...

(90% of you guys need to take a chill-pill ... it's the time of year for disinformation ... if hunter is our starting rt after FA and the draft then i will join you on the WTF bus ... until then ... come up with a mantra, keep repeating it, find your happy place ... oooohhhhhmmmmmmmm ... ooohhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm ... :drink_win ... :belly_dan ... :leaf ... :cool_dude ) ...

l_j_r
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 03-01-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Tanny says this about everyone and its REALLY ****ing annoying. Who is pleased by this statement? Hunter and His family. That's it. Tanny, You have a ****ING FANBASE to keep happy, and keeping **** players happy is not that strategy that you ought to take it if you want to do your job well and if you want to keep your job.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4380673]You can't be serious. Well I know you are. But you are living in a fantasy world Ray.

You are seriously attempting to make excuses for Hunter? Yes, that is exactly what you're doing. You're putting blame elsewhere.

He is arguably the worst starting RT in the NFL. Do you honestly believe that all of the other 31 teams have solid TE, FB and RB blocking to help their RT's? The Jets are the only team to have such issues?

Stop. Hunter is AT BEST a backup. And I'm not convinced he's suitable in THAT role, much less a starter.

Tanny will lose his job if Hunter is the starting RT. Unless, of course, Hunter inexplicably morphs into Jonathan Ogden in the next few months.

If you want Tanny and Rex gone next season, then root for Hunter to be the starting RT.[/QUOTE]

I'm dead serious, and this is all a bunch of crap IMO

You have no basis to say he's the worst RT in the league, none, other than the now developed hatred because you think he was the reason our pass protection struggled.

Somebody else mentioned Miller against Hunter in the Denver game, how do any of you know that there wasn't a protection call that was missed? The truth is, none of you do, and very likely was the reason he stood out on many of the plays some of you fans refer to.

Hunter was very good when he took over for Woody the year before, what changed last year was Moore who wasn't completely healthy until towards the end of the season, poor play by our blocking TE in Mulligan, and inconsistency at RB and FB in pass protection.

[QUOTE=Maury77;4380658][url]http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6165[/url]

Apparently, shotty was behind this as well.[/QUOTE]

Was going to post this. Tony, a legit guy with info, has said that the blocking schemes were just insanely complicated and the playbook was super thick. This caused the OL to be constantly thinking instead of just executing. To what degree this accounts for poor play, I can't say. But it was a real issue.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4380622][B]March 2009[/B]
    Mike Tannenbaum: We expect Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff to be our starting QB next year.

[B]April 2009[/B]
    Roger Goodell: With the 5th pick of the 2009 NFL Draft, the NY Jets select Mark Sanchez.

Moral of the story: Don't believe what Tanny says in March.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...

People who believe this probably also believed the joke that Schotty was going to be our OC this year.

Tanny is just covering his ass in this case... Target someone in the draft or FA, but if it doesn't work, Hunter still has an idea in his head that the team is confident in him.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380685]I'm dead serious, and this is all a bunch of crap IMO

You have no basis to say he's the worst RT in the league, none, other than the now developed hatred because you think he was the reason our pass protection struggled.

Somebody else mentioned Miller against Hunter in the Denver game, how do any of you know that there wasn't a protection call that was missed? The truth is, none of you do, and very likely was the reason he stood out on many of the plays some of you fans refer to.

Hunter was very good when he took over for Woody the year before, what changed last year was Moore who wasn't completely healthy until towards the end of the season, poor play by our blocking TE in Mulligan, and inconsistency at RB and FB in pass protection.[/QUOTE]

Dude... he got trucked by the 260lb von miller. EVEN if he was picking up someones miss that doesn't account for him getting owned. Do I think he can improve his play in 2012 more than other posters do? Yes I think there is a decent chance he ends up being solid, albeit it is somewhat hard to have hope when I think about his past season. But to pretend that he had a solid 2010 season is akin 90210's ramblings about having an entire team of all pro's.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380685]I'm dead serious, and this is all a bunch of crap IMO

Hunter was very good when he took over for Woody the year before, what changed last year was Moore who wasn't completely healthy until towards the end of the season, poor play by our blocking TE in Mulligan, and inconsistency at RB and FB in pass protection.[/QUOTE]
    Oh I know you're dead serious. I even said I know. It was rhetorical.

Who says Hunter's the worst RT in the NFL?

Just about everyone. Here there and everywhere. Look up "Worst RT" in the dictionary. Hunter's picture is right there.

Have you considered that teams studied Hunter after 2010 and figured out how to beat him? This isn't about getting support. The guy gets beat like a rented mule. You can't have your OT's getting beat like that as often as that. It disrupts the offense. It causes plays to break down. Busted plays.

Seriously Ray. Stop the insanity.

[QUOTE=TheMo;4380689]Was going to post this. Tony, a legit guy with info, has said that the blocking schemes were just insanely complicated and the playbook was super thick. This caused the OL to be constantly thinking instead of just executing. To what degree this accounts for poor play, I can't say. But it was a real issue.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

[QUOTE=LockeJET;4380664]It's not people, it's ray ray who has his head up his arse.[/QUOTE]

LOL, and this was neccessary, because?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4380689]Was going to post this. Tony, a legit guy with info, has said that the blocking schemes were just insanely complicated and the playbook was super thick. This caused the OL to be constantly thinking instead of just executing. To what degree this accounts for poor play, I can't say. But it was a real issue.[/QUOTE]
    Except this was the same coaching staff for how many years? Why was 2011 so different? The playbook all of a sudden got more complicated?