Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like all is well with Jets RT position.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4380699]Oh I know you're dead serious. I even said I know. It was rhetorical.

Who says Hunter's the worst RT in the NFL?

Just about everyone. Here there and everywhere. Look up "Worst RT" in the dictionary. Hunter's picture is right there.

Have you considered that teams studied Hunter after 2010 and figured out how to beat him? This isn't about getting support. The guy gets beat like a rented mule. You can't have your OT's getting beat like that as often as that. It disrupts the offense. It causes plays to break down. Busted plays.

Seriously Ray. Stop the insanity.[/QUOTE]

Everyone? You mean the contingent of fans on this board? LOL, ok... that's everyone :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4380634]And I'm starting to lose faith in our fans' ability to decipher words from actions.

"We expect Brian Schottenheimer back."

- Mike Tannenbaum, January 2012[/QUOTE]
    Exactly.

100% of every coach that been fired, or player who's been benched/cut received an endorsement the week before by his owner/coach.

[QUOTE=TheMo;4380697]Dude... he got trucked by the 260lb von miller. EVEN if he was picking up someones miss that doesn't account for him getting owned. Do I think he can improve his play in 2012 more than other posters do? Yes I think there is a decent chance he ends up being solid, albeit it is somewhat hard to have hope when I think about his past season. But to pretend that he had a solid 2010 season is akin 90210's ramblings about having an entire team of all pro's.[/QUOTE]

He did have a solid 2010 season, last year, he had his struggles, but my point is, maybe those struggles isn't completely on him.

And getting abused by Von Miller isn't exactly shameful, Miller is a stud, and he did that to many more players other than Hunter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4380622][B]March 2009[/B]
    Mike Tannenbaum: We expect Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff to be our starting QB next year.

[B]April 2009[/B]
    Roger Goodell: With the 5th pick of the 2009 NFL Draft, the NY Jets select Mark Sanchez.

Moral of the story: Don't believe what Tanny says in March.[/QUOTE]

Could be. But I think he screwed the pooch on having a legit shot at Manning (not that I'm in favor of Manning). If I were Manning, I'd run and never look back.

All League
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380701]LOL, and this was neccessary, because?[/QUOTE]Because you're 100% wrong on Conner. Mulligan, Tomlinson, and Greene were the primary non-OL pass blockers.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4380711]Could be. But I think he screwed the pooch on having a legit shot at Manning (not that I'm in favor of Manning). If I were Manning, I'd run and never look back.[/QUOTE]

Because of Hunter?

Diehl was worse than Hunter last year and it didn't matter for the Giants. With great QB's like that, the offensive line matters far less.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380704]Everyone? You mean the contingent of fans on this board? LOL, ok... that's everyone :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    No Ray. Believe it or not, there's a world outside of JI.

I don't have the time to (nor do I need to) post links to articles, charts, etc. where Hunter is said to be and shown to be one of, if not the, worst OT's in the NFL.

Undrafted Free Agent
    This better be Tannyís poker face entering the draft. I do not expect the GM to tell the world what he intends to do regarding personnel decisions. If Hunter is used properly [B](back-up role)[/B] then Iím fine with it. 2.5 mil for a proven backup is good with me.
    [B]The RT position must be solidified not just improved upon[/B]. You need to an effective running game to give Sanchez any sporting chance.
    If the RT position is not addressed then I can conclude: a) In know nothing about football b)What I see is only a skewed point of reality c)[B]I[B] simply wonít bother anymore because I cant deal with the frustration
    [/B][/B]

Undrafted Free Agent
    True so true, dont beleive what Tanny says in March (or any other month)

[QUOTE=Jordy;4380714]No Ray. Believe it or not, there's a world outside of JI.

I don't have the time to (nor do I need to) post links to articles, charts, etc. where Hunter is said to be and shown to be one of, if not the, worst OT's in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

The articles of dumbass beat writers that know even less than trolls like PatsFanTroll? :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4380713]Because of Hunter?

Diehl was worse than Hunter last year and it didn't matter for the Giants. With great QB's like that, the offensive line matters far less.[/QUOTE]
    Yes because of Hunter.

Fortunately for Peyton, the Giants aren't an option either.

I never said Hunter was the only bad RT in football. But he's in the mix.

[QUOTE=ozu;4380712]Because you're 100% wrong on Conner. Mulligan, Tomlinson, and Greene were the primary non-OL pass blockers.[/QUOTE]

Wrong on Conner?

He wasn't a 2nd year player playing his first year as a starter? He didn't have inconsistencies in his play earlier in the year? The running game didn't start slow last year? Conner wasn't our blocking FB?

[QUOTE=Jordy;4380721]Yes because of Hunter.

Fortunately for Peyton, the Giants aren't an option either.

I never said Hunter was the only bad RT in football. But he's in the mix.[/QUOTE]

Again, Diehl was worse than Hunter and the guy played a more important position.

Great QB's make it so the offensive line is not as important. Peyton had Ugoh starting at LT for a considerable amount of time and it didn't slow him down much either.

The best QB's get rid of the ball so quickly and slide in the pocket so well that outside of a clear shot, it's very difficult to get to the passer.

All League
    Hunter was in the bottom 10-15 full-time tackles in football.

2011 Pass Blocking Efficiency, Offensive Tackles, Bottom 20
    [url]http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/20/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-offensive-tackles/[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380719]The articles of dumbass beat writers that know even less than trolls like PatsFanTroll? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Wow. Just wow.

I'm out of this entire discussion.

This is insanity.

We might as well be arguing that Patrick Turner should be our #1 WR next year. Or that Eric Smith should once again be our starting SS.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4380726]Wow. Just wow.

I'm out of this entire discussion.

This is insanity.

We might as well be arguing that Patrick Turner should be our #1 WR next year. Or that Eric Smith should once again be our starting SS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because that is my argument... :rolleyes:

Next time, read the damn post.

All League
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380722]Wrong on Conner?

He wasn't a 2nd year player playing his first year as a starter? He didn't have inconsistencies in his play earlier in the year? The running game didn't start slow last year? Conner wasn't our blocking FB?[/QUOTE]He wasn't a pass blocker and his run blocking wasn't the issue with the run game. Greene and Tomlinson are just not that good.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4380638]Isn't it possible that both are true? Our blocking from both the TE and RT positions were pretty bad.

I'll put some blame on the protection calls as well. Too often we saw Mulligan one on one with a defensive end/LB on a 4 man rush. That's not a good protection call. Doesn't mean that Hunter didn't get beat far too often when he was one on one with an average defensive player.

Maybe I'm really stubborn, but I'm still holding out hope that Hunter can resurrect his 2010 season with the a new offensive scheme. I fully admit that the weight of the evidence in front of me makes that a foolish hope.[/QUOTE]

You may be stubborn, but I think you are on to something. With a new OC, who is noted for having good, tough O-lines, I think that things will be better. First of all, Sparano must see something in Hunter to keep him on the roster and guarantee his $ when the Jets have cap issues. Good teams and coaches move guys around on the line, just look at the Giants with Diel. Just to throw it out there.....maybe Hunter moves to guard? Really think the guy in trouble is Slauson....was Callahan's guy. I know he played hurt , but think this guy is an average, at best, guard, could be replaced as a starter. Hunter is probably not quick enough to play tackle, but there has to be a reason why he's still here. I really think they will let DuCasse battle for rt tackle job, and since draft seems to have deep group of tackles, could see taking one in 2-3or 4.

[QUOTE=ozu;4380730]He wasn't a pass blocker and his run blocking wasn't the issue with the run game. Greene and Tomlinson are just not that good.[/QUOTE]

And you would be wrong.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4380704]Everyone? You mean the contingent of fans on this board? LOL, ok... that's everyone :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

advanced metrics rate him last year in the bottom 10% of o-line men. does that count?