Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart dead at 43

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For Mr. Breitbart:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oZPTlI3MEo[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvuO2EvCTAE[/url]
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 03-03-2012 at 11:27 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ernie;4382466]Go back to playing the Class Clown, it suits you better. Stay out of the deep end of the pool, Brother.[/QUOTE]

Gee Ernie, if I kid around you want me to "add something to the discussion"

If I add something to the discussion you want me to kiid around.

and if you think this is a deep discussion,...you need a shovel my friend.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the guy who doctored a speech with the intent on injuring Shirley Sherrod's career and reputation?

If so good riddance, less filth in the media is a good thing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nyctomjetsfan;4382787]This is the guy who doctored a speech with the intent on injuring Shirley Sherrod's career and reputation?

If so good riddance, less filth in the media is a good thing.[/QUOTE]

That was a low point in his career, no doubt. As an aside, you are trash.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;4382862]That was a low point in his career, no doubt. As an aside, you are trash.[/QUOTE]
    Maybe i'd feel compelled enough to report this personal insult if it wasn't coming from the resident forum turd that pollutes every thread with its foul stench and stupidity.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4382775]Gee Ernie, if I kid around you want me to "add something to the discussion"

If I add something to the discussion you want me to kiid around.

and if you think this is a deep discussion,...you need a shovel my friend.[/QUOTE]

When did you add something to the discussion? I must have missed it. Stick to trolling the Landing Strip.
    Last edited by Ernie; 03-03-2012 at 02:40 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nyctomjetsfan;4382787]This is the guy who doctored a speech with the intent on injuring Shirley Sherrod's career and reputation?

If so good riddance, less filth in the media is a good thing.[/QUOTE]
    Since it didn't happen that way this would be a good time for you offer some heartfelt thoughts for his children.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4383061]Since it didn't happen that way this would be a good time for you offer some heartfelt thoughts for his children.[/QUOTE]

It sure as hell did happen that way.

like I said I do feel for his kids, but last week he was a guy who made a living trying to destroy people's careers with nefarious actions. The worst kind of so called "journalism." He wasnt looking for truth, he was looking to nail peole using dishonest tactics. His death doesn't suddenly make him a swell guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4382714]That one was scummy enough.[/QUOTE]

It was soooo awful!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4383125]It sure as hell did happen that way.

like I said I do feel for his kids, but last week he was a guy who made a living trying to destroy people's careers with nefarious actions. The worst kind of so called "journalism." He wasnt looking for truth, he was looking to nail peole using dishonest tactics. His death doesn't suddenly make him a swell guy.[/QUOTE]
    You're calling him a liar, etc.

This is a guy who slammed the left-establishment hard and often - and yet when gave any one of them the open floor to call him out on single lie he perpetrated?

Like it was mentioned here previously - crickets.

(If you view all things through the prism of DailyKos of course Breitbart was a scumbag liar, etc. ... and the guy who claimed he was called "nigger" 15 times on the Capitol steps, though a plethora of cameras in crowds of hundreds couldn't come up with a one? A civil rights hero whose word is unquestionable.)

Such was the cultural bullsh*t that passes as correct dialogue that Breitbart so skillfully nailed on a regular basis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 2 things that he gained fame from were embarrassing.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4383149]You're calling him a liar, etc.

This is a guy who slammed the left-establishment hard and often - and yet when gave any one of them the open floor to call him out on single lie he perpetrated?

(If you view all things through the prism of DailyKos of course Breitbart was a scumbag liar, etc. ... and the guy who claimed he was called "nigger" 15 times on the Capitol steps, though a plethora of cameras in crowds of hundreds couldn't come up with a one? A civil rights hero whose word is unquestionable.)

Such was the cultural bullsh*t that passes as correct dialogue that Breitbart so skillfully nailed on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4381882]He was the guy who sent, in true investigative journalism style, a camera into an ACORN office that eventually exposed and destroyed a vehicle of wide scale fraud being perpetuated by the "institutional left", as he called them.

Hero.[/QUOTE]

I remember the O'Keefe story. I didn't know Breitbart was involved and from what I gather, his involvement was bringing attention to it after O'Keefe did his piece.

Besides, the O'Keefe story was more smoke than fire anyway:

[QUOTE]Investigations of ACORN and the videos

[B]Independent external investigation by Proskauer Rose[/B]
    On September 16, 2009, ACORN suspended advising new clients and initiated an independent review process, headed by Scott Harshbarger, an attorney from the Proskauer Rose firm and a former Massachusetts Attorney General.[97][98] On September 16, Bertha Lewis, ACORN's CEO, froze admission to all of ACORN's service programs and instituted a review committee to implement organizational reforms.[99][100] The independent external investigation found that while some of the counsel given by employees and volunteers was "unprofessional and inappropriate", the videos that had been released appeared to have been edited, "in some cases substantially", and ACORN employees had taken no illegal actions.[101]

[B]Report by the Congressional Research Service[/B]
    On December 22, 2009, the Congressional Research Service (CRS) released a report on ACORN activities, commissioned by the House Judiciary Committee. It stated that ACORN has not been found to violate any federal regulations in the past five years. In addition, findings included: There were no instances of voter fraud by individuals who were allegedly registered to vote improperly by ACORN or its employees; No instances where ACORN violated terms of federal funding in the last 5 years. The CRS found that O'Keefe and Giles may have violated Maryland and California laws banning the recording of face-to-face conversations without consent of both parties.[102][103]

[B]Investigation by New York attorney general[/B]
    The New York Attorney General began an investigation on September 15, 2009 to ensure that state grants given to ACORN were properly spent.[104][105] The New York City Council suspended all ACORN grants while the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office conducted an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the videos.[106] On March 1, 2010, the District Attorney's office for Brooklyn determined that the videos were "heavily edited"[14] and concluded that there was no criminal wrongdoing by the ACORN staff in the videos from the Brooklyn ACORN office.[15][16][107]

[B]Investigation by California attorney general
    [/B]On September 25, 2009, in response to Governor Schwarzenegger's request to investigate the incidents, the California Attorney General's office opened an investigation "into the controversy surrounding videos that purportedly show members of community organizing group ACORN giving advice on how to open a brothel."[108]
    On April 1, 2010, Attorney General Brown announced the office's findings, based on its review of the three full, unedited videotapes recorded in the California offices of ACORN. The AG had granted O'Keefe and Giles immunity from prosecution in exchange for the raw videotapes.[8] Brown noted that the terms of the exchange did not exempt O'Keefe or Giles from being sued separately by the ACORN members filmed in the videos.[8] Citing the 1967 Invasion of Privacy Act, Brown's report stated that "an application of these principles to the facts presented here strongly suggests that O'Keefe and Giles violated state privacy laws and provides fair warning to them and others that this type of activity can be prosecuted in California."[8]
    Brown criticized O'Keefe for acting to damage ACORN, rather than as a journalist trying to report a story from the facts.[8] In his report, Brown said, "The video releases were heavily edited to feature only the worst or most inappropriate statements of the various ACORN employees and to omit some of the most salient statements by O'Keefe and Giles. Each of the ACORN employees recorded in California was a low level employee whose job was to help the needy individuals who walked in the door seeking assistance. Giles and O'Keefe lied to engender compassion, but then edited their statements from the released videos."[8]
    For instance, one much-publicized recording had shown O'Keefe and Giles at the San Diego office. They show a worker purportedly seeking information from a contact in Mexico to help them smuggle underage girls from Mexico into the United States to work as prostitutes. The video did not show that the worker's 'contact' in Mexico was a police official. The employee collected as much specific information from Giles and O'Keefe as possible during their visit. The worker then contacted Mexican police to warn them of the plot.[109] Brown said, "ACORN was not the criminal enterprise described by O'Keefe in his 'Chaos for Glory' statement – it did not receive billions in federal funds and did not control elections. ACORN is, however, disorganized and its operations were far from transparent, leaving it vulnerable to allegations of illegal activity and misuse of funds."[8] Brown also noted that despite O'Keefe's appearing in the released videos as a "1970s Superfly pimp ... [i]n his actual taped sessions with ACORN workers, he was dressed in a shirt and tie, presented himself as a law student, and said he planned to use the prostitution proceeds to run for Congress. He never claimed he was a pimp."[8]
    Brown concluded, "Even if O'Keefe and Giles had truly intended to break the law, there is no evidence that any of the ACORN employees had the intent to aid and abet such criminal conduct or agreed to join in that illegal conduct." While faulting a few of the recorded ACORN members for "terrible judgment and highly inappropriate behavior",[8] Brown said, "[T]hey didn't commit prosecutable crimes in California". Regarding the publicity related to the videos, Brown stated, "The evidence illustrates ... that things are not always as partisan zealots portray them through highly selective editing of reality. Sometimes a fuller truth is found on the cutting room floor."[8]

[B]Investigation by the US Government Accountability Office[/B]
    On June 14, 2010, the US Government Accountability Office (GAO) released its findings on ACORN, by then disbanded. It said that there was no evidence that the group, or any of its related organizations, mishandled any of the $40 million in federal money which they had received in recent years.[18][110][/QUOTE]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACORN_2009_undercover_videos_controversy[/url]

Some scandal... Looks more like a 'straw man' than anything else. Between this and the Weiner photos, Breitbart was heavily partisan, passionate sure, but not some great journalist.
    Last edited by SafetyBlitz; 03-03-2012 at 05:23 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4383161]The 2 things that he gained fame from were embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

He'll prolly end up most famous for helping start the Huffungton Post and Drudgeport, no? As far as Anthony Weiner goes, i think he did everyone a favor. That twit was universally reviled on capitol hill from what I read. Also...I read many of the "comments" from the Huffington Post's story on Breitbart's death, and there wasn't one nasty post...just people thinking of his family, offering condolences, and giving him credit for being a passionate fightwr for causes he believed in. That makes a lot of the libs here look REALLY bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;4383181]He'll prolly end up most famous for helping start the Huffungton Post and Drudgeport, no? As far as Anthony Weiner goes, i think he did everyone a favor. That twit was universally reviled on capitol hill from what I read. Also...I read many of the "comments" from the Huffington Post's story on Breitbart's death, and there wasn't one nasty post...just people thinking of his family, offering condolences, and giving him credit for being a passionate fightwr for causes he believed in. That makes a lot of the libs here look REALLY bad.[/QUOTE]

I was aware of his relationship with Arianna until after his death, the guy def worked hard. I just read an op-Ed fom one of his friends about him. RIP.

ACORN and Sherrod propelled him and Weinergate put him on the map. It's scarey to you and I because he's so close to us in age.

We have known each other for a long time my friend.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4383149]You're calling him a liar, etc.

Such was the cultural bullsh*t that passes as correct dialogue that Breitbart so skillfully nailed on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

Never called him a liar. The man took quotes out of context to destroy a woman's career. That's intellectual dishonesty of the first degree.

You want to disagree with people's politics, fine, but his tactics were dirty.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4383187]I was aware of his relationship with Arianna until after his death, the guy def worked hard. I just read an op-Ed fom one of his friends about him. RIP.

ACORN and Sherrod propelled him and Weinergate put him on the map. It's scarey to you and I because he's so close to us in age.

We have known each other for a long time my friend.[/QUOTE]

22 years...nuts. BTW what's with the "Harvard tapes" that Breitbart was about to unveil??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4383205]The man took quotes out of context to destroy a woman's career.[/QUOTE]

But would it be acceptable to do to destroy ones chance at a Presidency... You know, like approving an ad that takes another mans quote out of context to fool uninformed Americans about an individuals character? And what should the punishment be for the individual sanctioning such actions...

I just want to get this out of the way for the upcoming election :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4383187]ACORN and Sherrod propelled him and Weinergate put him on the map.[/QUOTE]
    I believe his part in the success of Drudgereport put him squarely on the map as a new-media star - those stories made him high profile.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4383215]I believe his part in the success of Drudgereport put him squarely on the map as a new-media star - those stories made him high profile.[/QUOTE]

I never heard of him until the ACORN thing, only knew of Drudge. Bloggers are out of control and really are careless when it comes to actual facts. O'Keefe manipulated his videos and his investigative techniques were non-existent and mostly illegal.