Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Hillis Contemplated Retirement??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Peyton Hillis Contemplated Retirement??

LOL now this is excellent. I was hoping the Jets could make a run at him, but with this info HELL NO.

[QUOTE]
    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that free agent Peyton Hillis told the Browns "as recently as the end of the season" that he was considering retirement.

Hillis, who is on his fourth agent since the 2010 season, appears to have a screw loose. Per Schefter, Hillis "even considered joining the CIA" at one point, and "wavered" about playing football throughout the past season. Schefter does report that it "now looks as if he will continue playing." The Browns will not be franchise tagging Hillis, and his lack of commitment to football will surely be detrimental to his free agent appeal. The Browns would like to re-sign Hillis, but we can't imagine them guaranteeing him much money.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

Madden curse is reaching new heights.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is like when Tiger Woods wanted to join the Navy Seals.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes, noted RB/CIA spook/Caste Football superstar Peyton Hillis.

Short money!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4380761]LOL.

Madden curse is reaching new heights.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4380767]This is like when Tiger Woods wanted to join the Navy Seals.[/QUOTE]

can you imagine Hillis in the CIA? ahahaha

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's Shonn Greene with higher mileage.

Pass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4380767]This is like when Tiger Woods wanted to join the Navy Seals.[/QUOTE]

You have that wrong he said he wanted to bang Seals soon to be ex wife Heidi Klum...:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    AARGGHHH!!! Was actually hoping Jets would have a shot at this guy. He has decent skills. But after this?????? no way

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The things people will say to get out of the Browns franchising them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where are all the folks who were screaming that we needed to sign this guy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4381413]Where are all the folks who were screaming that we needed to sign this guy?[/QUOTE]

uhhh right here.

stop pretending like you know he was contemplating the CIA :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4381417]uhhh right here.

stop pretending like you know he was contemplating the CIA :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yeah like it takes the CIA to know that Peyton Hillis is an injury prone power back who wasn't worth the money.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4381430]Yeah like it takes the CIA to know that Peyton Hillis is an injury prone power back who wasn't worth the money.[/QUOTE]

what does this media snippet have to do with injuries??:huh::huh:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4380757]LOL now this is excellent. I was hoping the Jets could make a run at him, but with this info HELL NO.[/QUOTE]

This might be of interest to you; there's been some shady reporting going on it seems. (apologies for the truncated link, it was taken off their mobile site).

[url]http://t.co/VziK9meZ[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schadenfreude;4383427]This might be of interest to you; there's been some shady reporting going on it seems. (apologies for the truncated link, it was taken off their mobile site).

[url]http://t.co/VziK9meZ[/url][/QUOTE]

Thank you for this clarifying link it makes the whole rest of the thread a joke.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    And if the Jets need a running back, I'm surprised they haven't put feelers out for Marshawn Lynch. (and yes, I'm well aware my favorite team needs to resign him). He made peanuts last season (less than $2 million if I recall).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schadenfreude;4383442]And if the Jets need a running back, I'm surprised they haven't put feelers out for Marshawn Lynch. (and yes, I'm well aware my favorite team needs to resign him). He made peanuts last season (less than $2 million if I recall).[/QUOTE]

Lynch was Franchised by Seattle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schadenfreude;4383427]This might be of interest to you; there's been some shady reporting going on it seems. (apologies for the truncated link, it was taken off their mobile site).

[url]http://t.co/VziK9meZ[/url][/QUOTE]

Sign the east. I love watching this guy run. Last year was a mess for him, but he is a pure beast.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4381259]AARGGHHH!!! Was actually hoping Jets would have a shot at this guy. He has decent skills. But after this?????? no way[/QUOTE]

+1

Me too. I posted the other day that he should be an option to push Greene -- cheap, and fits ground and pound nicely. After this, I agree, pass.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Schadenfreude;4383442]And if the Jets need a running back, I'm surprised they haven't put feelers out for Marshawn Lynch. (and yes, I'm well aware my favorite team needs to resign him). He made peanuts last season (less than $2 million if I recall).[/QUOTE]

Lynch was the only mid-level FA running back that is worth consideration (now a moot point). The rest of these clowns are overrated, soon-to-be overpaid garbage like Hillis, Tolbert and Bush.

Rather just stick with Greene and McKnight, improve the OL and get a downfield WR threat.