Thread: Jerome Simpson pleads guilty to drug charge

Jerome Simpson pleads guilty to drug charge

[QUOTE]Cincinnati Bengals receiver Jerome Simpson could receive a 60-day jail sentence after pleading guilty Thursday to a drug-related felony charge as part of an agreement with prosecutors.

The agreement also calls for three years' probation, 200 hours of community service and drug treatment. Sanders said Simpson got no special treatment. He said the 60-day jail sentence is "probably on the high end of average" for such a case.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7633454/jerome-simpson-cincinnati-bengals-pleads-guilty-drug-charge[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Yes.

Jets are definitely getting him and Aldon Smith when their teams decide to rid themselves of this cancer.

I actually think the Jets should inquire about him. He's really good and it appears the marijuana was just for personal use. I don't care if the Jets players smoke marijuana as long as they can play and Simpson can play.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=halfsharkalligatorhalfman;4380849]I actually think the Jets should inquire about him. He's really good and it appears the marijuana was just for personal use. I don't care if the Jets players smoke marijuana as long as they can play and Simpson can play.[/QUOTE]

Simpson and Holmes on the same team? Jets will be lighing up in the locker room.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=halfsharkalligatorhalfman;4380849]I actually think the Jets should inquire about him. He's really good and it appears the marijuana was just for personal use. I don't care if the Jets players smoke marijuana as long as they can play and Simpson can play.[/QUOTE]

LOL. The Bengals will hang up the phone before Tanny finished the "son" in Simpson.

Yes but did he (front)flip out in court :i_dont_kn

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=halfsharkalligatorhalfman;4380867]Simpson is a FA[/QUOTE]

My bad. Didn't realize that. I thought he was going into his fourth year.

But I do think that they are going to try to retain him. He Green and Dalton had some nice chemistry going this season. I also think that Lewis has no problem dealing with troubled players. The Bengals are always near the top of the league in arrests.

Yeah I wouldn't want Simpson if there's a 2nd serious bidder for his services and it would take a serious committment, but if he's looking for a contract and playing time, the Jets could be a good fit.