Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Israel – Iran Military Comparison Juan Cole

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Ever look at the reasons WHY they fund terror?
    C'mon stop beating around the bush--- it's on page 6 of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...ing-up-the-web

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Where did I say that we should let them take over the Mid East?
    Granted, dingbats like you supported strengthening Iran by removing Saddam Hussein, the biggest buffer between Iran and the rest of Mid East.

You see, my young friend, our actions today in the Mid East will have lasting consequences for us for decades to come. So while i am for sanctions against Iran and for a strong united front against them with Europe, I do not feel military action against Iran is wise or in our interest in the long run.
    Well my radical left wing and anti Israel friend, I believe that inaction on the Iran threat will have lasting consequences for decades to come. A nuclear armed Iranian threat WILL be the worlds greatest agitator and threat of the 21st century. There is no need or call for a ground conflict with Iran. We need the courage to confront them. Iran has 75 Million people. We aren't going to occupy a country that size. We should also be using our influence in a real way to ban all companies from doing business with Iranian companies. Push forward with banning them from the SWIFT banking system. Then if necessary as a final resort we can hit them from the air and take out their nuclear program completely.

Hall Of Fame
    Maybe the US should not have orchestrated the overthrow of the popular and democratically elected Prime Minister, Mohammed Mosaddegh and forced a puppet leader who was brutal to his people down the Iranian people's throat? Our support of the Shah was not in Iran's best interest.

I dont think we have much credibility in Iran after such actions.
    No doubt this is accurate but without the context of the Cold War we were in with the Soviet Union it's not very meaningful.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    If we go to war with Iran, there be a draft, Americans need to own the wars and not just sit there and cheer.
    Amen

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    No doubt this is accurate but without the context of the Cold War we were in with the Soviet Union it's not very meaningful.
    We profess to desire democracy for the world and yet when a country votes into power someone we do not like to represent their own gov't we overthrow them.

That's why they hate us here. Moreover, the instance that you cite shows why we need to stick to the constitution and not have entangling alliances. There may be unforeseen consequences.

Hall Of Fame
    We profess to desire democracy for the world and yet when a country votes into power someone we do not like to represent their own gov't we overthrow them.

That's why they hate us here. Moreover, the instance that you cite shows why we need to stick to the constitution and not have entangling alliances. There may be unforeseen consequences.
    No they hate us because we don't share their belief structure.

Hall Of Fame
    No they hate us because we don't share their belief structure.
    Invisible sky men. F*cking the world up for 10,000 years.

Mine turned water in alcohol!!

Mine blessed this space rock!!

Mine turned into a zombie!!

Mine is a prophet who can see the future through a drug induced haze!!

MY SPACE ROCK IS HOLY!!

MY WALL IS SAD! I WILL BEAT MY HEAD AGAINST IT AND BE SAD!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

MY SPACE ROCK IS HOLY!!

LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

MY SPACE ROCK IS HOLY!!

Of course people of different faiths, racial and cultural backgrounds generally hate each other. The difference here is at least we have a couple of hundred years of civil rights and law that force us to live together in relative peace. Iran has no such structure, it's structure is all about the superiority of its crazy religious ideas.

Why would you of all people expect them not to hate us just because? You clearly recognize that religion is nuts and Iranian society is clearly based around a violent religious text taken as gospel and superior to all others.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 03-04-2012 at 06:58 AM.

All Pro
    Of course people of different faiths, racial and cultural backgrounds generally hate each other. The difference here is at least we have a couple of hundred years of civil rights and law that force us to live together in relative peace. Iran has no such structure, it's structure is all about the superiority of its crazy religious ideas.

Why would you of all people expect them not to hate us just because? You clearly recognize that religion is nuts and Iranian society is clearly based around a violent religious text taken as gospel and superior to all others.
    Actually, less than 50 years

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Well my radical left wing and anti Israel friend, I believe that inaction on the Iran threat will have lasting consequences for decades to come. A nuclear armed Iranian threat WILL be the worlds greatest agitator and threat of the 21st century. There is no need or call for a ground conflict with Iran. We need the courage to confront them. Iran has 75 Million people. We aren't going to occupy a country that size. We should also be using our influence in a real way to ban all companies from doing business with Iranian companies. Push forward with banning them from the SWIFT banking system. Then if necessary as a final resort we can hit them from the air and take out their nuclear program completely.

As i stated above im not for inaction. Just not for military strikes.
    What do you think Iran will respond with if we do launch air strikes against them? Air strikes is not a reasonable action.

The problem with hawks like you is that you have no credibility because you have been dead wrong about the Mid East every step of the way. You refuse to do your homework and learn about these nations. You have childlike fantasies about what you can do over there and they have no basis in reality

Hall Of Fame
    Actually, less than 50 years
    It's evolving and hopefully will continue to evolve. At least we have a legal structure to help it along.

All Pro
    As i stated above im not for inaction. Just not for military strikes.
    What do you think Iran will respond with if we do launch air strikes against them? Air strikes is not a reasonable action.

The problem with hawks like you is that you have no credibility because you have been dead wrong about the Mid East every step of the way. You refuse to do your homework and learn about these nations. You have childlike fantasies about what you can do over there and they have no basis in reality
    Furthermore, Iran has been for the last 100 years a peaceful neighbor. In that same time period, the USA and Israel have invaded quite a few nations.

That aggressive nature has us broke as a nation. Time to change the game and get out of debt and entangling alliances

Hall Of Fame
    Furthermore, Iran has been for the last 100 years a peaceful neighbor. In that same time period, the USA and Israel have invaded quite a few nations.

That aggressive nature has us broke as a nation. Time to change the game and get out of debt and entangling alliances
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    LOL
    It is even worth having a discussion with a person that makes a statement like that? I need to find a jpeg with an appropriate photo which captures the sentiment of "you have no idea what you are talking about". Haven't found one yet.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    It is even worth having a discussion with a person that makes a statement like that? I need to find a jpeg with an appropriate photo which captures the sentiment of "you have no idea what you are talking about". Haven't found one yet.
    I think this is the image you are looking for...

All Pro
    Anybody see 60 Minutes last night?

Stuxnet.... the new kid on the block in cyber-warfare. Highly targeted attack on a specific piece of equipment in a specific plant in a specific country... by the U.S., by Israel? Probably CIA or both... anyway, now everybody is worried that the source code is out there and can be turned against us... welcome to the new atomic age.

Here's a little excerpt from the show:

Two months later, Ralph Langner, a German expert on industrial control systems, added another piece of important information: Stuxnet didn't attack every computer it infected.

Langner: This whole virus is designed only to hit one specific target in the world.

Kroft: How could you tell that?

Langner: It goes through a sequence of checks to actually determine if this is the right target. It's kind of a fingerprinting process, a process of probing if this is the target I'm looking for, and if not, it just leaves the controller alone.

Stuxnet wasn't just looking for a Siemens controller that ran a factory floor, it was looking for a specific factory floor, with a specific type and configuration of equipment including Iranian components that weren't used anywhere else in the world, and variable speed motors that might be used to regulate spinning centrifuges; a fragile piece of equipment essential to the enrichment of uranium. And Langner speculated publicly that Stuxnet was out to sabotage Iran's nuclear program.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Anybody see 60 Minutes last night?

Stuxnet.... the new kid on the block in cyber-warfare. Highly targeted attack on a specific piece of equipment in a specific plant in a specific country... by the U.S., by Israel? Probably CIA or both... anyway, now everybody is worried that the source code is out there and can be turned against us... welcome to the new atomic age.

Here's a little excerpt from the show:

Two months later, Ralph Langner, a German expert on industrial control systems, added another piece of important information: Stuxnet didn't attack every computer it infected.

Langner: This whole virus is designed only to hit one specific target in the world.

Kroft: How could you tell that?

Langner: It goes through a sequence of checks to actually determine if this is the right target. It's kind of a fingerprinting process, a process of probing if this is the target I'm looking for, and if not, it just leaves the controller alone.

Stuxnet wasn't just looking for a Siemens controller that ran a factory floor, it was looking for a specific factory floor, with a specific type and configuration of equipment including Iranian components that weren't used anywhere else in the world, and variable speed motors that might be used to regulate spinning centrifuges; a fragile piece of equipment essential to the enrichment of uranium. And Langner speculated publicly that Stuxnet was out to sabotage Iran's nuclear program.
    From what I've read, it was introduced into that network by someone friendly to the West and/or Israel. I'd be willing to bet that the AV signature was released as soon as the Iranians discovered it. I wouldn't worry about it destroying the Innernetz...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    LOL
    Timeline of United States military operations
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...ary_operations

Arab-Israeli Wars (1948-Present)
    http://www.historyguy.com/arab_israeli_wars.html

Peep these inks vice the LOL and then refute the data. Funny how the people that trumpet war the loudest, don't put themselves up to do battle.

If war is such a LOL, send your family. I will gladly reach into my rifle collection to assist.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I think this is the image you are looking for...