Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel – Iran Military Comparison Juan Cole

All Pro

Israel – Iran Military Comparison Juan Cole

With all the hooplah about a possible Israeli attack on Iran (which I view as rather unlikely), it is worthwhile revisiting the issue of how weak and how much of a nothing the Iranian military is compared to powerhouse Israel. Statistics mostly 2011 from Global Firepower. Note that some comparisons are invidious, as with Israeli reservists, who are quite professional and Iranian reservists, who typically are not.

Or, comparing Israeli fighter jets and other aircraft to old broken down Iranian ones is silly. If Israel’s and Iran’s air forces were close enough to tangle (they are not), Iran’s wouldn’t last a day.
    http://www.juancole.com/2012/02/isra...omparison.html

Hall Of Fame
    Cool, lets give Iran Nuclear weapons to put on their medium range rockets to even the playing field because it's clear Iran has a responsible government that should be safe from Israeli agression.

More Iran love from the former Marine.

Hall Of Fame

Hmm . . .and yet, Iran, with the weak military, is the one subsidizing attacks on Israel (by funding, trading and arming Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Hezbollah) and threatening to wipe Israel off the map.

Given that, it would probably be a good thing if Iran got nukes. That way, things would be more peaceful . . .

Hall Of Fame
    So it'll be over before it starts, and then we can hit Hamas? yee-****in-haw!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    This is why we kill em all.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Cool, lets give Iran Nuclear weapons to put on their medium range rockets to even the playing field because it's clear Iran has a responsible government that should be safe from Israeli agression.

More Iran love from the former Marine.
    This looks more like fact than love. The only nation I love is America.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Hmm . . .and yet, Iran, with the weak military, is the one subsidizing attacks on Israel (by funding, trading and arming Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Hezbollah) and threatening to wipe Israel off the map.

Given that, it would probably be a good thing if Iran got nukes. That way, things would be more peaceful . . .
    In any attack on Iran by the US/NATO/Israel I think that the terror threat would increase exponentially. It is clear to me here that Iran cannot stand up to a head-to-head confrontation.

With this being public knowledge about the Iranian war machine why not just use sanctions like we are now doing? Many people not involved in the war efforts will be put at risk or worse by any attack on Iran

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    In any attack on Iran by the US/NATO/Israel I think that the terror threat would increase exponentially. It is clear to me here that Iran cannot stand up to a head-to-head confrontation.

With this being public knowledge about the Iranian war machine why not just use sanctions like we are now doing? Many people not involved in the war efforts will be put at risk or worse by any attack on Iran
    Carter tried sanctions to get our hostages out. Didn't work and in fact we ultimately paid Iran for our hostages. If sanctions work great if they don't we may need to take another path. Regardless Iran will continue to fund terrorism, without a terror network both domestically and internationally they would be out of power by now.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Carter tried sanctions to get our hostages out. Didn't work and in fact we ultimately paid Iran for our hostages. If sanctions work great if they don't we may need to take another path. Regardless Iran will continue to fund terrorism, without a terror network both domestically and internationally they would be out of power by now.

Ever look at the reasons WHY they fund terror?

It's all America's fault right. Maybe it's because America is an ally of Israel. Yeah that's the ticket. If we just abandon Israel all will be forgiven right? Right? Oh and also we should just allow them to take over the entire Arabian Peninsula too right? We have no business there anyway.

All League
    So there are actually reasons that VALIDATE terror?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    It's all America's fault right. Maybe it's because America is an ally of Israel. Yeah that's the ticket. If we just abandon Israel all will be forgiven right? Right? Oh and also we should just allow them to take over the entire Arabian Peninsula too right? We have no business there anyway.
    Maybe the US should not have orchestrated the overthrow of the popular and democratically elected Prime Minister, Mohammed Mosaddegh and forced a puppet leader who was brutal to his people down the Iranian people's throat? Our support of the Shah was not in Iran's best interest.

I dont think we have much credibility in Iran after such actions.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Maybe the US should not have orchestrated the overthrow of the popular and democratically elected Prime Minister, Mohammed Mosaddegh and forced a puppet leader who was brutal to his people down the Iranian people's throat? Our support of the Shah was not in Iran's best interest.

I dont think we have much credibility in Iran after such actions.
    Yup thats probably right. So now we should just let them get nukes and take over the middle east. We deserve it for supporting the Shah I guess. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hall Of Fame
    Yup thats probably right. So now we should just let them get nukes and take over the middle east. We deserve it for supporting the Shah I guess. Thanks for clearing that up.
    If we go to war with Iran, there be a draft, Americans need to own the wars and not just sit there and cheer.

All Pro
    Where did I say that we should let them take over the Mid East?
    Granted, dingbats like you supported strengthening Iran by removing Saddam Hussein, the biggest buffer between Iran and the rest of Mid East.

You see, my young friend, our actions today in the Mid East will have lasting consequences for us for decades to come. So while i am for sanctions against Iran and for a strong united front against them with Europe, I do not feel military action against Iran is wise or in our interest in the long run.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    You might want to take that up with the Eisenhower Administration....

Hall Of Fame
    Awwwwww...isn't that cute? Big Iran wants to have it's "My Little First A-Bomb"?

Give the rest of the world a call when you've moved past the M-80 stage of nuclear weapons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4R8lAjVzj0

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    You might want to take that up with the Eisenhower Administration....
    At least you finally managed to acknowledge it. That;s the first step, Dean-O

Hall Of Fame
    Fear is the ultimate weapon of any tyrant.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 03-02-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Should be easy to find, because some posters believe the American press
    is Anti-semtic and pro-islam.