Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saints want to pay Brees like a "very good" not "great" QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4381930]Would you have traded Vernon Gholston and Dwayne Robertson for Drew Brees?[/QUOTE]

Are you being funny?

20-20 hindsight is great :rolleyes:

Btw--I was making fun of the disregard for cap considerations, not the 2 number 1 considerations.

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4381933]Are you being funny?

20-20 hindsight is great :rolleyes:

Btw--I was making fun of the disregard for cap considerations, not the 2 number 1 considerations.

_[/QUOTE]

I know that, and yes, it was a joke.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4381930]Would you have traded Vernon Gholston and Dwayne Robertson for Drew Brees?[/QUOTE]

Would you trade Mccourty and Merriweather for Revis? :rolleyes:

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I wrong for thinking he would not nearly be as great in a Jets uniform?

Playing outside, cold weather. No All-World Guards to keep the pocket from collapsing. No Sean Payton playbook.

I still think he would complete a high percentage of his passes. But Brees isn't exactly careful with the football. I think his INT numbers would surprise some people. But he does throw a lot more passes than other QBs.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 03-02-2012 at 01:14 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dewayne already cost two 1st rounders. :(

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;4381954]Dewayne already cost two 1st rounders. :([/QUOTE]

Don't forget the 4th as well. ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4381959]Don't forget the 4th as well. ;)[/QUOTE]I can at least rest knowing that Chicago did absolutely nothing of note with those picks. Michael Haynes, Rex Grossman, and Ian Scott.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the responses in this thread are a joke, right? Brees is a top-3, super super super elite quarterback, worth every penny. His stats outside of the dome only drop from "insane" to "excellent." WTF.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 03-02-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Tex stop picking on Bit..;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Choon328;4381576][URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/01/report-saints-want-to-pay-brees-like-a-very-good-but-not-great-qb/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/01/report-saints-want-to-pay-brees-like-a-very-good-but-not-great-qb/[/URL]

If they franchise him then it will take 2 #1's to get him. Would you do it?[/QUOTE]

Yes I would, he is NOT INJURED!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4381654]And I'm not so sure he's just a product of the dome....he threw for 460 yards against the 49ers - arguably the best defense in the league.

[B]And as for his coach and his surrounding cast, you can say that about every great QB. Montana had Jerry Rice and Bill Walsh. Manning had Tom Moore, Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison[/B].[/QUOTE]

You can't possibly be correct because based on thousands of posts out here and their pounding of Sanchez that a "Great" QB frequently take subpar talent in the NFL and simply "will" their teams to SB wins:rolleyes:

Why just take a look at.Ummmmm ....Look at ummmm Wait give me a minute I will come up with a QB .Ummmmmm.hmmmmm WAIT just give me some time!!!:P

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4381594]No, we do not mortage the future for an aging qb who struggles outdoors and in the cold. We play outside in cold weather. We wouldnt be getting the same qb you see in new orleans.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we've played in "cold" weather for quite a while at home. This is becoming a moot point. We aren't in Vermont or Maine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Greensleeves;4382031]I don't think we've played in "cold" weather for quite a while at home. This is becoming a moot point. We aren't in Vermont or Maine.[/QUOTE]

Do you go to games?

We've had some totally crappy rainy cold games the past 3 years.

I know--I've sat in the weather.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brees is a top 5 QB any given season regardless of coaching staff or location.

This thread is so dumb it makes dumb threads look not dumb.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4381868]I would in a heartbeat, not taking the cap into consideration of course.[/QUOTE]

Well of course, this is the offseason at JI, we don't pay attention to no stinkin' salary cap :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4382071]Well of course, this is the offseason at JI, we don't pay attention to no stinkin' salary cap :yes:[/QUOTE]

I say we sign Brees and Peyton and let them battle it out for the starters job.

That way, if Manning goes down, we can have Brees backing him up.

Then Sanchez.

Then Henne.

Then Flynn.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4382067]Brees is a top 5 QB any given season regardless of coaching staff or location.

This thread is so dumb it makes dumb threads look not dumb.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you get the memo? Everyone who isn't a Jet needs to be qualified as "aging," "unproven," "only good in a dome," "only good with weapons and an OL," etc. And yet we see all the threads wishing Sanchez became anything remotely like Brees. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4382073]I say we sign Brees and Peyton and let them battle it out for the starters job.

That way, if Manning goes down, we can have Brees backing him up.

Then Sanchez.

Then Henne.

Then Flynn.

_[/QUOTE]

Sanchez would be 5th on that depth chart. ;)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382079]Sanchez would be 5th on that depth chart. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sanchez wouldn't even make it out of May OTAs on that depth chart ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brees is the 2nd best QB in the league right now and will likely retire with every single passing yards record in the book. If they dont want to pay him top 3 money I can name at least 25 teams that would. Sign him and stop being stupid. You hold 0 cards if you actually want him back. If someone is willing to give up 2 1st for friggen GR3 don't you think they'd give up a 1st and 3rd for a future HOF QB? Heck what did Washington give up for McNabb or us for Farve. They were never half as good IMO.