Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: James Farrior Released

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4381754]don't know who suggested abe on a year deal for the league min, nor did anyone say farrior on a one year deal for the league min.

stop making stuff up.[/QUOTE]

It's called embelishment.

Everytime someone gets released, the knee jerk reaction here is "yeah, if we can steal him away on a one year deal for short money--why not?!?"

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Seriously, no. No, no, no.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4381764]Dude. The guy is a 37 year old LB! Stop.[/QUOTE]

Once again....

[B]IF[/B] we trade Bart Scott and need a MLB for a stop gap, who would you recommend as an alternative?

Where did I say SIGN THIS BEAST?

[B]IF[/B] the Jets find themselves in a situation where they trade Bart and have nothing to reasonably replace him with, a 1 year deal as a stop gap until the Jets find a replacement would make sense in the interim.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4381780]It's called embelishment.

Everytime someone gets released, the knee jerk reaction here is "yeah, if we can steal him away on a one year deal for short money--why not?!?"

_[/QUOTE]

don't know who said that...

see above post.

this thread isn't a SIGN THIS BEAST thread...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4381792]don't know who said that...

see above post.[/QUOTE]

Don't take it personally - they're just lashing out against the "SIGN THIS BEAST FOR SHORT MONEY" mentality.

Its just strange that its coming from Stokes and Jordy - they're usually amongst the more timid of posters.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4381795]Don't take it personally - they're just lashing out against the "SIGN THIS BEAST FOR SHORT MONEY" mentality.

Its just strange that its coming from Stokes and Jordy - they're usually amongst the more timid of posters.[/QUOTE]

I'm not taking it personally at all. But who is saying SIGN THIS BEAST FOR SHORT MONEY?

People are reacting to something that's not being said.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4381795]Don't take it personally - they're just lashing out against the "SIGN THIS BEAST FOR SHORT MONEY" mentality.

Its just strange that its coming from Stokes and Jordy - they're usually amongst the more timid of posters.[/QUOTE]

They dont like old guys.....:mad:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4381792]don't know who said that...

see above post.

this thread isn't a SIGN THIS BEAST thread...[/QUOTE]

That's why I said "wait for it".

It was a joke, based upon years of reading this site.

Not directed at you, directed at the Pfail Strip.

How dare you.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Hell no

Anyone who has followed the Steelers over the past 3 years knows that Farrior has been done for some time now.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4381800]That's why I said "wait for it".

It was a joke, based upon years of reading this site.

Not directed at you, directed at the Pfail Strip.

How dare you.

_[/QUOTE]

ah. LOL sorry I'm a bit sensitive, this week the board has been pretty testy (myself included).

Anyway, if anyone says SIGN THIS BEAST RIGHT NOW prepare for public humiliation. :D

Also, this thread is pretty revealing as to who actually reads the thread and who just reacts to a thread title. :)

Farrior was a warrior ... cant believe we let this guy go ... his time has passed ... time to move on. Younger and Stronger.

Farrior or Berning,McIntyre,Muaga........I take Farrior.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4381806]Farrior or Berning,McIntyre,Muaga........I take Farrior.[/QUOTE]

this is exactly my point!!

If Bart is gone and we need to rely on Berning McIntyre or Mauga would anyone really be comfortable with that?

If the Jets find themselves screwed at MLB, Farrior on a one year deal would make absolute sense. But only under those circumstances. Those other 3 would still get plenty of run, but Farrior would be the vet presence. JMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4381806]Farrior or Berning,McIntyre,Muaga........I take Farrior.[/QUOTE]

Farrior has been a total liability on that Steelers defense for the past two years.

Pass

Triple Pass

Over Pass

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4381810]Farrior has been a total liability on that Steelers defense for the past two years.
    [/QUOTE]

So were most of the players on the NYJETS roster the 2011 season, whats your point?

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4381810]Farrior has been a total liability on that Steelers defense for the past two years.

Pass

Triple Pass

Over Pass[/QUOTE]

Please explain how he was a liability. I may just be completely unaware so am hoping for more info on that.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4381737]We need to get younger and faster on defense. Not older.[/QUOTE]

This is it. When Pittsburgh lets someone go then you should always know that he is close to being done...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Flaming Mo;4381823]This is it. When Pittsburgh lets someone go then you should always know that he is close to being done...[/QUOTE]

Maybe we can sign Farrior AND Hines Ward!!

:rolleyes:

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Ya got to hand it to the Stillers....they lose Aaron Smith, James Farrior and their Front 7 is still pretty bad ass. They have Cameron Heyward waiting in the wings to go with Keisel and Ziggy Hood. And Larry Foote becoming a starter again isn't all that terrible for them.

They do need to find a replacement at the nose though....Hampton is getting up in years and can't stay healthy. Chris Hoke is a nice backup but is well past 30 also, I think.

Hall Of Fame
    1. we never should have let him go. we should have re-signed him to a 5yr deal back in 2001.

2. now, he's old. too old.

cheers ~ ~
    :beers: