Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: James Farrior Released

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4382851]I prefer Farrior instead of Berning,Muaga and McIntyre.

Depends on who it is. Johnson,Connor,McClain?[/QUOTE]

Not Johnson, I don't know if Connor fits in the Jets system, he might be too small. I'd take McClain though.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4382869]Not Johnson, I don't know if Connor fits in the Jets system, he might be too small. I'd take McClain though.[/QUOTE]

Johnson may be the bargain guy of the 3.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4382910]Johnson may be the bargain guy of the 3.[/QUOTE]

Meh

Does anybody know if Victor Hobson is available as a free agent? After all, he was almost semi respectable for the Jets, it would be pretty stupid to not try to recapture some of that magic from 2003 (especially the run defense).

SIGN THIS BEAST!!!!!!

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4382849]No, what the team needs is SPEED. A speed outside rusher, some speed at the ILB position, a speedy WR, a safety with some speed, a speedy RB and then ANOTHER speed outside rusher.

Speed brings wins brings leaders.

Old leaders bring slow which brings losses.

Leaders don't make OLBs get to the QB any faster, don't get wide receivers seperation, don't hit HRs on 60 yard runs by RBs, don't get safety's to the ball quicker to pick it off.

Old leaders just slow you down.

_[/QUOTE]
    Well, I also did not say to fill every position with an older player. The whole point of the original post was IF Bart Scott is gone. IF he is, I think Farrior is a good option. Last time I looked there weren't unlimited funds to spend. People are acting like the draft isn't a crap shoot. There is no guarantee that a draft pick will work out, and young veterans cost a lot of money. My line of thinking is to mix things up. I think Braylon Edwards is a relatively cheap signing now and he's still fairly young. He also has speed (this is all pending his health status) and the Jets need speed at WR. Draft a safety, draft a few other guys too, but the draft doesn't solve things overnight. I think one or two older veterans need to be brought in. Farrior for Scott would be even in my mind, but less expensive. I think an older veteran on the offensive side and then draft picks to fill out the roster. I don't see how that is just going old and slow. I think that's mixing in the young and the old as opposed to just a bunch of inexperienced young guys with no direction or guidance.

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4383032]Does anybody know if Victor Hobson is available as a free agent? After all, he was almost semi respectable for the Jets, it would be pretty stupid to not try to recapture some of that magic from 2003 (especially the run defense).

SIGN THIS BEAST!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Greg Buttle once told me he thinks he can still play..........:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4383038]Greg Buttle once told me he thinks he can still play..........:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yes, sign that beast as well!!!

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4383032]Does anybody know if Victor Hobson is available as a free agent? After all, he was almost semi respectable for the Jets, it would be pretty stupid to not try to recapture some of that magic from 2003 (especially the run defense).

SIGN THIS BEAST!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Sarcasm at it's finest.

Maybe the Jets could sign Mo Lewis to try to finish off Brady like he did with Bledsoe.