Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bryan Thomas could return

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4381916]We need speed. Speed is what we need. We need greasy fast speed!
    [IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1v_1_hhWp84/TEKkWDdUnvI/AAAAAAAADSo/hoXmUcZq1eQ/s1600/Rocky+II+chicken.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    +1 and Very funny

Come on Man!!

[QUOTE=crasherino;4381991]Taking a step back, I think there is a very high likelihood of the Jets drafting a LB that they anticipate will start from day 1 - someone in the first 3 rounds.

That could be a Luke K., Zack Brown or Nick Perry or someone else I'm less familiar with.

It seems to me that they will have a vet play in the other spot - whether its Bart Scott, Jarrett Johnson, Brian Thomas or someone else. I have a feeling that a lot of what they do will depend on how the draft pans out. JMO, but the Jets probably don't want brand new rookie starters at two LB positions. Its one thing to have a guy start off as a rotational player - its another thing to have two green starters in your base defense.[/QUOTE]
    Jets could draft Bradham or Kendricks in rounds 2 or 3 if they last that far

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4382022]In his career, name one big play Bryan Thomas ever made. A big strip sack for a td, a pick returned. Anything. In 10 years, whats his signature play?[/QUOTE]

Bryan Thomas may not be a "signature play" type player, but he's been the type of solid player who stops signature plays from being made against the Jets. Maybe if the players who were supposed to have set the edge when Darren McFadden and Tim Tebow made their backbreaking TD runs against us had done it as well as BT, we would have been 10-6 and in the playoffs this year.

Bryan Thomas was never really a flashy player, hes been here since he was a rookie hes home grown. He gets the job done and thats all that matters.

Hall Of Fame
    Hey- can anyone name me Nick Mangold's signature play?

Just curious.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4383026]Hey- can anyone name me Nick Mangold's signature play?

Just curious.

_[/QUOTE]

I think is called 'the beard'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

[QUOTE=Dunnie;4383033]I think is called 'the beard'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE]

The scruffy mountain man beard.

All League
    It's easy to just say we need speed. How about some suggestions while also keeping the cap in mind? I can't wait to see all the high end free agents that should be signable for practically nothing. Economics is a factor in football, but no one wants to see that.

[QUOTE=freestater;4381821]I hope he does return. (and he's healthy) We definitely suffered when he went down last year.[/QUOTE]

Granted I did not have the luxury of rehabbing in an NFl facility, but I tore my achilles years ago, required surgery and has never been the same. It took about a full year to get back to normal. In addition, even today, years later, my repaired achilles is much different than the other -- is stiff/very hard and has no shape compared to the other foot.

I say all of that to bring to light how serious the injury is. Just not sure Thomas will be ready from an injury just 5 months ago, and his age. ope I am wrong and, obviously, I have no access to his medical records/condition. I am just wary based on my personal experience.