Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints "May" Be Disciplined for Bounty Program

All League
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4383411]Bottom line, since the Pats scandal broke, no super bowl victories and 4-4 in the post season:

2-1 in '07
    0-1 in '09
    0-1 in '10 The Jets kicked the crap out of them!! Sanchez 1-0 vs. Brady in the post season!
    2-1 in '11

And the trolls come to our board and act like they root for a great franchise. Idiots that they are!![/QUOTE]

The Patriots won the AFC Championship two of those years, while the subsequent Super Bowl losses were disappointing it's still a better showing than the Jets. Using your logic the Jets are "worse" than the Patriots and thus unworthy of fan support. :dunce:
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 03-05-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4384113]EM, where does this advance library of data come from? Aside from divisional rematches, the Pats were seeing their opponents for the first time each season. So you're either suggesting teams maintained the same set of signals for 1,2, up to 4 years in the case of NFC opponents, or the Pats sent assistants to other games in the league to videotape in preparation for an upcoming matchup.

If not either of those, then the Pats had video guys rushing to decode 30 minutes of game film in 12 minutes' worth of halftime to utilize in the second half.

Which of these scenarios do you believe most likely happened?[/QUOTE]

I think signals probably change when there is a new Head Coach / Offensive Coodinator but otherwise I think teams will use the same sets of signal for years. I think for example that Schotty will likely be bringing the exact same signals package to his new job (plus or minus a wrinkle here or there). So to answer your question is that the compilation of material is something that happens gradually over years and there is (was) evidence that this is exactly the kind of multiyear black-ops program that was being run out of Foxboro.

Using this method, I call it the Foxboro method, your team would get a line on divisional opponents first and other AFC opponents as you see them. Of course you might never actually get anything on opponents outside the conference if you never play them but then again, all of this is [B]assuming that the Patriots black-ops teams were confining their cheating only to games in which the Patriots were actually playing.[/B] I consider it very likely that advanced scouting for the Patriots included advanced signal taping as well. In the case of opponents outside the conference you might consider taping a playoff practice or using some other more extreme method to gain the "cheater's edge".

I doubt there was much going on at half time. But in the case where a team threw in a new wrinkle or changed things up it might be possible to look at some video during the half. Remember that the key is to try and link the signals being called that day to a known set of signals from the black-ops library. If you miss then you miss. In that case you are no further behind then being on a level playing field :)

Jets Insider VIP
    TurkJetFan summed up the best way to deal with the vile chowd troll problem here at JI

make a list

Patriot Paign
    Patsfan TX
    Gronk Welthead
    Robot0729h
    ASS0531
    (add any others you wish)

and don't respond directly to their sh1tstirring

they will eventually get bored and go back to patsfags.com where they belong

[QUOTE=EM31;4384156]I think signals probably change when there is a new Head Coach / Offensive Coodinator but otherwise I think teams will use the same sets of signal for years. I think for example that Schotty will likely be bringing the exact same signals package to his new job (plus or minus a wrinkle here or there). So to answer your question is that the compilation of material is something that happens gradually over years and there is (was) evidence that this is exactly the kind of multiyear black-ops program that was being run out of Foxboro.

Using this method, I call it the Foxboro method, your team would get a line on divisional opponents first and other AFC opponents as you see them. Of course you might never actually get anything on opponents outside the conference if you never play them but then again, all of this is [B]assuming that the Patriots black-ops teams were confining their cheating only to games in which the Patriots were actually playing.[/B] I consider it very likely that advanced scouting for the Patriots included advanced signal taping as well. In the case of opponents outside the conference you might consider taping a playoff practice or using some other more extreme method to gain the "cheater's edge".

I doubt there was much going on at half time. But in the case where a team threw in a new wrinkle or changed things up it might be possible to look at some video during the half. Remember that the key is to try and link the signals being called that day to a known set of signals from the black-ops library. If you miss then you miss. In that case you are no further behind then being on a level playing field :)[/QUOTE]

What happens when a team acquires say, a defensive player from a divisional rival? If those signals stay the same for years, wouldn't that team rack his brain, considering he's likely memorized all of the signals and the plays/formations that correspond? Wouldn't it make sense to stick him next to a coach and relay in the upcoming blitzes/coverages?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 03-05-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=sg3;4383704]

there was a league rule against taping defensive signals [B][U]from anywhere[/U][/B] including the sidelines; this rule was schose to ignore the written warning and continue their seven plus years of the most heinous cheating in the history of all sports.

[/QUOTE]

Do you just make things up?

The league rule only states no taping from the sidelines.

Teams (all teams) continue to tape from the press box and end zones.

[QUOTE=sg3;4384161]TurkJetFan summed up the best way to deal with the vile chowd troll problem here at JI

make a list

Patriot Paign
    [B]Patsfan TX[/B]
    [B]Gronk Welthead[/B]
    [B]Robot0729h[/B]
    [B]ASS0531[/B]

they will eventually get bored and go back to patsfags.com where they belong[/QUOTE]

I like Patriot Reign. I think he is a pretty decent contributor...the rest just troll away.

I think we should just start a forum called "Pats fans who deny cheating anywhere".com

Seriously....who the hell CARES!?! it's such old news its not even funny, and the fact that these trolls continue to try and make a case is pathetic. it reminds me of a lifer in prison constantly denying things after evidence is presented and 5 appeals have been denied.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 03-05-2012 at 09:40 AM.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4384193]Do you just make things up?

The league rule only states no taping from the sidelines.

Teams (all teams) continue to tape from the press box and end zones.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but teams are REQUIRED to tape from these locations and must include a shot of the scoreboard prior to each and every play. There is NO mention in the rules that says teams are prohibited from taping signals. Yes, the infamous 2006 memo from Ray Anderson, said it was illegal to tape signals, but unfortunately, the memo misquotes the rules, and Anderson can’t change the rules. Rule changes must be proposed to and voted on by the teams.

This quote says it all. (Of course, jealous rivals on a message board know more about the game than this guy, so you'll ignore this quote):

[QUOTE]We consider the tapes of our coaching staff during our games against the New England Patriots to be a non-issue. In our opinion, they had no impact on the results of those games. -Pittsburgh Steelers Chairman, Dan Rooney. Source: NFL.com[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

How did this thread become about Spygate? Just curious.

On second thought, I probably don't want to know. In the event that there actually is any posts on topic, can someone give me a quick update - do people really think the Saints are going to lose draft picks?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4384243]How did this thread become about Spygate? Just curious.

On second thought, I probably don't want to know. In the event that there actually is any posts on topic, can someone give me a quick update - do people really think the Saints are going to lose draft picks?[/QUOTE]
    Saints are effed
    Patriots are dirty cheaters
    Trolling is rampant on these boards
    I blame it on lazy mods

It's pretty easy to follow the direction of the thread, it's all there... it was about the Saints until Jetssjumets came in at post #36 to remind everyone that Spygate is much, much worse than BountyGate. Chaos ensues for 200 posts.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=EM31;4384248]
    I blame it on lazy mods[/QUOTE]

Finally something we all can agree on.

Rookie
    "Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs made headlines earlier this week when he said he and his teammates placed a bounty on Steelers Rashard Mendenhall and Hines Ward. Former Ravens coach Brian Billick said Suggs never should have made the bounty public."

Rex Bountygate scandal to follow.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=EM31;4384248]Saints are effed
    Patriots are dirty cheaters
    Trolling is rampant on these boards
    I blame it on lazy mods[/QUOTE]

Look....you should spend less time posting on these boards and more time hightailing it to Mexico. From what I hear, the NCPD is about to raid your home and look for poker chips, decks of cards and other evidence of nefarious activity.

Don't worry, if they try to subpeona your posts regarding illegal gambling from this site as further evidence of your debauchery, we will seek to quash it....(unless the cops get a VIP membership - then you're screwed).

All League
    [QUOTE=sg3;4384161]TurkJetFan summed up the best way to deal with the vile chowd troll problem here at JI

make a list

Patriot Paign
    Patsfan TX
    Gronk Welthead
    Robot0729h
    ASS0531

they will eventually get bored and go back to patsfags.com where they belong[/QUOTE]

The collective IQ of this thread just plummeted, thanks ShortbusGus3 !

:dunce:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4384335]The collective IQ of this thread just plummeted, thanks ShortbusGus3 !

:dunce:[/QUOTE]
    Now there you go again. Just after you have been mentioned you as someone who is good people (or some such), you go out and pick a fight with the poster child for Doesntturntheothercheek.com.

[QUOTE=EM31;4384397]Now there you go again. Just after you have been mentioned you as someone who is good people (or some such), you go out and pick a fight with the poster child for Doesntturntheothercheek.com.[/QUOTE]

yup! rescinded. they all are the same.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4384243]How did this thread become about Spygate? Just curious.

On second thought, I probably don't want to know. In the event that there actually is any posts on topic, can someone give me a quick update - do people really think the Saints are going to lose draft picks?[/QUOTE]

As one of the major offenders, I'll apologize to the many good Jets fans for being too thin skinned when it comes to the few haters of the tinfoil hat crowd.

Back on topic of Bountygate....I would think that one, given the recent emphasis on player safety, and two, that Williams has evidently practiced this behavior everywhere he's coached, and three, Sean Payton allegedly had knowledge of the program, we will like see the team and the coach get hefty fines, a possible lifetime ban or at least a lengthy suspension for Williams, and the loss of a draft pick or two.

My guess...

1. Saints lose a 2nd round pick this year and a 1st round pick next year (maybe just a 1st next year, because they don't have a 1st round pick in the upcoming draft)

2. Sean Payton is suspended at least 1 game, as many as 4 games

3. Gregg Williams suspended at least 4 games, as much as a full season

So here's my question. Say Gregg Williams gets suspended, do the Rams get any compensation (either from the Saints or the NFL)? I suspect there was no information released from the NFL about the investigation while the Rams were hiring him.

The league is going to come down really hard on the Saints. There's no question about it. If you look at the shots that Favre took in the NFC championship game and now the NFL has full knowledge that players were essentially paid to get penalties (no matter how common it actually is), it's a bad situation for the Saints.

Jets Insider VIP
    What is worse about this from a league standpoint? Players trying to hurt other players or the fact that it is could be considered cap avoidance? While I doubt the money is much in the grand scheme of things it is undocumented pay outside of the cap.

All League
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4384411]My guess...

1. Saints lose a 2nd round pick this year and a 1st round pick next year (maybe just a 1st next year, because they don't have a 1st round pick in the upcoming draft)

2. Sean Payton is suspended at least 1 game, as many as 4 games

3. Gregg Williams suspended at least 4 games, as much as a full season

So here's my question. Say Gregg Williams gets suspended, do the Rams get any compensation (either from the Saints or the NFL)? I suspect there was no information released from the NFL about the investigation while the Rams were hiring him.

The league is going to come down really hard on the Saints. There's no question about it. If you look at the shots that Favre took in the NFC championship game and now the NFL has full knowledge that players were essentially paid to get penalties (no matter how common it actually is), it's a bad situation for the Saints.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's at a minimum. There will prolly also be player sanctions and action against the Saints GM.

Good question about Williams...it's not the Rams' fault.