Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints "May" Be Disciplined for Bounty Program

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4382365]Why are you stalking me Grickhead. You're the joke. GFY....[/QUOTE]

Please call him by his right name, Gronk[B]GIVES[/B]Head

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4382649]Please call him by his right name, Gronk[B]GIVES[/B]Head[/QUOTE]

What are you 12?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4382634]Almost all teams have bounties, it's widely practiced and known throughout the league. Only one team was taping/cheating... I heard the former GM of the redskins on the radio last night, he said that this doesnt compare to spy gate for that very reason.[/QUOTE]

Filming coach's signals was also widespread. Jimmie Johnson admitted as such. It was the location where BB did it which was illegal, not the filming itself. And it's not like he hid the act so most coordinators were smart enough to change up their signals. The 'one team' allegation is pure crap.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4382665]Filming coach's signals was also widespread. Jimmie Johnson admitted as such. It was the location where BB did it which was illegal, not the filming itself. And it's not like he hid the act so most coordinators were smart enough to change up their signals. The 'one team' allegation is pure crap.[/QUOTE]

I think that "one team" complaining used the same defensive hand signals for 3 straight years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4382634]Almost all teams have bounties, it's widely practiced and known throughout the league. Only one team was taping/cheating... I heard the former GM of the redskins on the radio last night, he said that this doesnt compare to spy gate for that very reason.[/QUOTE]

How do you know that almost all teams have bounties like the Saints do, where they are purposely trying to get players carted off the field and injured? They're the only ones who have been investigated. My guess is we'll never know the true extent as the Saints will be made an example of like the Patriots were, and the investigation will end, rather than embarrass the league by uncovering the full extent of this.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4382675]

How do you know that almost all teams have bounties like the Saints do, where they are purposely trying to get players carted off the field and injured?

[/QUOTE]

I think the Jets paid Mo Lewis a hefty bounty for taking out Drew Bledsoe. But for some reason, the Jets took it all back 2 years later, with interest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4382623]You could argue that spygate helps a team win more...

BUt this is MUCH worse for the league, in terms of PR. The reflects really poorly on everyone attached with the incident, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were lawsuits that came down.

Gregg Williams is in serious, serious trouble here. The league has been preaching playing safety for a few years now, and paying a bounty to purposely injure players, whether it's common or not, is embarrassing for the league. I suspect the league is going to come down VERY hard on Williams.[/QUOTE]

I respecfully disagree. The integrity of the sport was at stake with Spygate. hence, the destruction of the evidence. Everyone knows that football is a violent sport. Several NO players have said that the few hundred or thousand dollar incentives was not to injure a particular player but to get a turnover or make a key defensive stop.

The NE trolls want you to think, OMG, this is much worse than Spygate because they cannot wipe that stench off their uniforms. It is not even close. Keep in mind, Spygate occured when other major sports were emboiled in cheating scandals -- MLB, NBA, the Olympics, etc. The last thing the NFL needed was the PR associated with a long protracted scandal as a result of Spygate. That's why it was swept under the rug and the league to quick action against NE. As I keep saying, if Congress looked deep into Spygate just as it did with MLB, imagine the possibilities. Those 3 SB victories would've been vacated. NFL would have no choice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4382649]Please call him by his right name, Gronk[B]GIVES[/B]Head[/QUOTE]

LMAO. And the Oscar goes to, JetsFanatic! :applause:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4382717]I respecfully disagree. The integrity of the sport was at stake with Spygate. hence, the destruction of the evidence. Everyone knows that football is a violent sport. Several NO players have said that the few hundred or thousand dollar incentives was not to injure a particular player but to get a turnover or make a key defensive stop.

The NE trolls want you to think, OMG, this is much worse than Spygate because they cannot wipe that stench off their uniforms. It is not even close. Keep in mind, Spygate occured when other major sports were emboiled in cheating scandals -- MLB, NBA, the Olympics, etc. The last thing the NFL needed was the PR associated with a long protracted scandal as a result of Spygate. That's why it was swept under the rug and the league to quick action against NE. As I keep saying, if Congress looked deep into Spygate just as it did with MLB, imagine the possibilities. Those 3 SB victories would've been vacated. NFL would have no choice.[/QUOTE]

This!

1250 radio were going berserk over this last night saying it's way worse than spy gate, berating callers who disagreed with them... only to have the ex redskins vp of operations, not gm like i prevpusly posted, on and he said its not even close.

Spy gate was truly shocking, these bounties are well known to happen in nfl circles.

Pretty funny.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4382734]This!

1250 radio were going berserk over this last night saying it's way worse than spy gate, berating callers who disagreed with them... only to have the ex redskins vp of operations, not gm like i prevpusly posted, on and he said its not even close.

Spy gate was truly shocking, these bounties are well known to happen in nfl circles.

Pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

The Redskins used to employ Gregg Williams, the supposed mastermind behind the bounty program. The Skins are the only other team I've heard of so far as doing this, so it may be limited more or less to him.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 03-03-2012 at 11:45 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4382742]The Redskins used to employ Gregg Williams, the supposed mastermind behind the bounty program. The Skins are the only other team I've heard of so far as doing this, so it may be limited more or less to him.[/QUOTE]

My guess is the Skin's will get off of this by saying they cleaned house.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4382717]I respecfully disagree. The integrity of the sport was at stake with Spygate. hence, the destruction of the evidence. Everyone knows that football is a violent sport. Several NO players have said that the few hundred or thousand dollar incentives was not to injure a particular player but to get a turnover or make a key defensive stop.

The NE trolls want you to think, OMG, this is much worse than Spygate because they cannot wipe that stench off their uniforms. It is not even close. Keep in mind, Spygate occured when other major sports were emboiled in cheating scandals -- MLB, NBA, the Olympics, etc. The last thing the NFL needed was the PR associated with a long protracted scandal as a result of Spygate. That's why it was swept under the rug and the league to quick action against NE. As I keep saying, if Congress looked deep into Spygate just as it did with MLB, imagine the possibilities. Those 3 SB victories would've been vacated. NFL would have no choice.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://th34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/davewalls/th_crying-baby.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4382742]The Redskins used to employ Gregg Williams, the supposed mastermind behind the bounty program. The Skins are the only other team I've heard of so far as doing this, so it may be limited more or less to him.[/QUOTE]

Buddy Ryan was original ‘bounty’ boss
    By BART HUBBUCH
    Last Updated: 2:30 AM, March 3, 2012
    Posted: 2:26 AM, March 3, 2012

More Print
    Buddy Ryan can thank the Saints for making him a little less infamous today.
    The NFL’s blockbuster revelation yesterday that New Orleans violated league rules by running an organized bounty program under former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams the past three seasons evoked memories of Ryan’s notorious “Bounty Bowl” games with the Cowboys as coach of the Eagles in 1989.
    Dallas coach Jimmy Johnson alleged Ryan had put a bounty on Troy Aikman and Cowboys kicker Luis Zendejas before the Eagles’ Thanksgiving Day trip to Texas Stadium that season, and Zendejas ended up leaving that 27-0 Eagles rout because of a concussion from a suspect hit by linebacker Jessie Small on a kickoff.

The teams met two weeks later at Philadelphia’s Veterans Stadium in what CBS — which was broadcasting the game — dubbed “Bounty Bowl II,” but bounties for hits ended up taking a back seat that day to snowballs and other debris Eagles fans hurled at the Cowboys, the officiating crew, the CBS announcers and even their own players.
    Johnson’s allegations were never proven, however, and Rex Ryan’s father escaped punishment from the NFL after an investigation by the league.
    Contrary to the lore, Buddy Ryan isn’t the reason for the league’s bounty rule. An NFL spokesman said the rule had been in place for decades before the Eagles-Cowboys fracas to prevent what the league calls “non-contract bonuses.”

Read more: [url]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/buddy_ryan_was_original_bounty_boss_joIKqHtHZPn3S7i7E3jVKI#ixzz1o4pKD0GA[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funnier still is it was the Jets who were caught videotaping Patriots coach's signals during a 2006 playoff game, BEFORE spygate. The big difference was they were just asked to stop instead of being turned over to the league. Where is the delusional outcry on this fact?:zzz:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4382765]Funnier still is it was the Jets who were caught videotaping Patriots coach's signals during a 2006 playoff game, BEFORE spygate. The big difference was they were just asked to stop instead of being turned over to the league. Where is the delusional outcry on this fact?:zzz:[/QUOTE]

Or what about the Jets coach tripping a player on the field?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    why has this turned into a pats thread? nobody gives a **** about the pats...this thread is about the saints.

the pats cheated....fact....and this debate ended years ago.

now we are discussing the saints bounty program

piss off pats trolls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4382750][IMG]http://th34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/davewalls/th_crying-baby.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Please wipe that odor coming from your top lip because it still stinks, troll.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4382780]Or what about the Jets coach tripping a player on the field?[/QUOTE]

And what about multiple tampering allegations over the years? If current commissioner wasn't a former Jets employee they would likely be forced to vacate the league due to their long history of systemic cheating.
    Last edited by GronkWelkhead; 03-03-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4382780]Or what about the Jets coach tripping a player on the field?[/QUOTE]

Video evidence of the Pats actually doing it first. In a game against the Jets.

Look it up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382812]Video evidence of the Pats actually doing it first. In a game against the Jets.

Look it up.[/QUOTE]

Ignore the trolls. They can't help themselves. They wallow is sh!t and don't expect it to stink.

Pre Sypgate 3 Titles; Post Spygate 0