Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints "May" Be Disciplined for Bounty Program

I think we should all be objective here.
    A bounty program is much worse than spygate. If a person can't see that - problem.
    Williams has confirmed the program = GUILTY. Players have conffffirmed it = GUILTY.
    Penalty phase: $500,000 NO fine, loss of a #2. Maybe (hopefully) a suspension for Williams, certainly a fine - new team means zip.
    Payton - smaller fine

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382812]Video evidence of the Pats actually doing it first. In a game against the Jets.

Look it up.[/QUOTE]

Please provide a link showing a Patriots coach deliberately tripping an opposing player. Thanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Spygate brought into the question the integrity of the game. We all go based off the premise that the games are on the level. Those SBs were not on the level.

The game can survive the loss of players. The game could be mortally wounded if people distrust it's integrity.

I am not condoning injuring players, but injuries are inherent to the game itself. It is a collision sport. Cheating is not inherent.

Also, go back and look at some old footage of the league from the 50s, 60s, 70s. What the Saints did would be considered Saint-like back then.

Not condoning. Just merely choosing the lesser or two evils.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4382833]Please provide a link showing a Patriots coach deliberately tripping an opposing player. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Nice trap question there. You know as well as I do it was the players.

But if you dare suggest that Belicheat doesn't know what goes on, or OKs the behavior then you really are a troll and a fool.

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6027832"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6027832[/URL]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J9SGoBjMhY[/url]

Most likely what happened was Kraft flexed his muscles with Goodell and this got filed away with the Spyagte files in Ms. Gandy's office.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 03-03-2012 at 01:03 PM.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4382759]Buddy Ryan was original ‘bounty’ boss
    By BART HUBBUCH
    Last Updated: 2:30 AM, March 3, 2012
    Posted: 2:26 AM, March 3, 2012

More Print
    Buddy Ryan can thank the Saints for making him a little less infamous today.
    The NFL’s blockbuster revelation yesterday that New Orleans violated league rules by running an organized bounty program under former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams the past three seasons evoked memories of Ryan’s notorious “Bounty Bowl” games with the Cowboys as coach of the Eagles in 1989.
    Dallas coach Jimmy Johnson alleged Ryan had put a bounty on Troy Aikman and Cowboys kicker Luis Zendejas before the Eagles’ Thanksgiving Day trip to Texas Stadium that season, and Zendejas ended up leaving that 27-0 Eagles rout because of a concussion from a suspect hit by linebacker Jessie Small on a kickoff.

The teams met two weeks later at Philadelphia’s Veterans Stadium in what CBS — which was broadcasting the game — dubbed “Bounty Bowl II,” but bounties for hits ended up taking a back seat that day to snowballs and other debris Eagles fans hurled at the Cowboys, the officiating crew, the CBS announcers and even their own players.
    Johnson’s allegations were never proven, however, and Rex Ryan’s father escaped punishment from the NFL after an investigation by the league.
    Contrary to the lore, Buddy Ryan isn’t the reason for the league’s bounty rule. An NFL spokesman said the rule had been in place for decades before the Eagles-Cowboys fracas to prevent what the league calls “non-contract bonuses.”

Read more: [url]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/buddy_ryan_was_original_bounty_boss_joIKqHtHZPn3S7i7E3jVKI#ixzz1o4pKD0GA[/url][/QUOTE]

You're right, but I was referring more to who's doing it these days, under the Goodell "safety first" regime. I would be shocked to see anyone else currently working for an organization come out and admit that they do this, that would be totally foolish. Until then, we can only speculate as to how widespread this practice is ... and I'm not talking informal bounties between players for fumbles, INTs, etc, I mean a systematic, codified injury/"knockout" bounty program created by and endorsed by the coaching staff.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382835]Spygate brought into the question the integrity of the game. We all go based off the premise that the games are on the level. Those SBs were not on the level.

The game can survive the loss of players. The game could be mortally wounded if people distrust it's integrity.

I am not condoning injuring players, but injuries are inherent to the game itself. It is a collision sport. Cheating is not inherent.

Also, go back and look at some old footage of the league from the 50s, 60s, 70s. What the Saints did would be considered Saint-like back then.

Not condoning. Just merely choosing the lesser or two evils.[/QUOTE]

Boom!!

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Well said. The NE cheaters will never admit it so don't waste your time with the trolls. They are excuse makers to defend the worst cheating scandal in NFL history, and arguably, all of sports since championships were at stake.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382840]Nice trap question there. You know as well as I do it was the players.

But if you dare suggest that Belicheat doesn't know what goes on, or OKs the behavior then you really are a troll and a fool.

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6027832"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6027832[/URL]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J9SGoBjMhY[/url]

Most likely what happened was Kraft flexed his muscles with Goodell and this got filed away with the Spyagte files in Ms. Gandy's office.[/QUOTE]

Boom. You are on fire. How do you find this stuff so quickly? :) I am sure the trolls will find some argument with you. Facts are facts. I love it. :yes:

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382835]Spygate brought into the question the integrity of the game. We all go based off the premise that the games are on the level. Those SBs were not on the level.

Not condoning. Just merely choosing the lesser or two evils.[/QUOTE]

Look spygate's been beaten to death so I'll just say this. Filming signals was NOT illegal so therefore all SBs are 100% legit. It was a matter of location, and one can argue that even that was intrepreted correctly by BB and not by Goodell who was intent on flexing his muscles ans slowing down the Patriots dynasty.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382835]Spygate brought into the question the integrity of the game. [/QUOTE]

And a systemic program to take opposing team stars out of the game doesn't? If I pay the guy in charge of the Gator Aid to put knock out pills in the other team's drinks that doesn't impact the integrity of the game?
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 03-03-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4382855]Look spygate's been beaten to death so I'll just say this. Filming signals was NOT illegal so therefore all SBs are 100% legit. It was a matter of location, and one can argue that even that was intrepreted correctly by BB and not by Goodell who was intent on flexing his muscles ans slowing down the Patriots dynasty.[/QUOTE]

You are a good fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    this saints thing is not even close to the patri*ts 8 years of the most heinous cheating in the entire history of sports

However, commissioner patdell (who got his job through the lobbying of Kraft) will throw the book at the saints while giving the patri*ts a slap on the wrist and destroying the evidence

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4382887]And a systemic program to take opposing team stars out of the game doesn't? If I pay the guy in charge of the Gator Aid to put knock out pills in the other team's drinks that doesn't impact the integrity of the game?

How's the weather on Planet Skyron today? ;)[/QUOTE]

I can see a rainbow.

BTW. The Gator Aid guy is off the field. And that would be something off the field having an impact on the game. Yes it would effect the integrity, but physical things that happen between the lines do not. Cheap shots happen all the time. We cry about them every week in the GameDay threads.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4382887]And a systemic program to take opposing team stars out of the game doesn't? If I pay the guy in charge of the Gator Aid to put knock out pills in the other team's drinks that doesn't impact the integrity of the game?

How's the weather on Planet Skyron today? ;)[/QUOTE]

Come on. We are talking about football, not tennis. Everyone on the planet earth knows football is a violent sport and injuries happen all the time. Again, when the defense lines up, their job is to take the QB out. Have you watch any games and seen the hits??? :eek: Just because a coach employed low dollar incentives, and players have said it was not to injure an opposing player(s), does not mean that the hits or any subsequent injury would not have occured.

Spygate spoke to the integrity of the game -- especially on its biggest stage: the Superbowl. Opposing teams said they could not figure out how NE knew what was coming. Keep in mind that NE was a heavy underdog against St. Louis. the greatest show on turf was shutout for most of the game. Think about it.

Only pretend lawyers claim suppositions are facts.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

:zzz::zzz::zzz:
    Last edited by GronkWelkhead; 03-03-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    I'm calling your jetswin at the office and telling him there are naughty boys acting out. I can't wait to see the fear in all your eyes when you hear him come up the driveway.

:mad:

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382840]Nice trap question there. You know as well as I do it was the players.

But if you dare suggest that Belicheat doesn't know what goes on, or OKs the behavior then [B]you really are a troll and a fool.
    [/B]

[/QUOTE]

He is, just not sure in what order.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4382911]O

[B]:zzz::zzz::zzz[/B]:[/QUOTE]

A description of you love life.

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4382960]A description of you love life.[/QUOTE]

LOL. :)

That gave me a good laugh. Thanks.

Doesn't take much to amuse the intellectually and emotionally challenged.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4383016]Doesn't take much to amuse the intellectually and emotionally challenged.[/QUOTE]

I know I've read your posts.