Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints "May" Be Disciplined for Bounty Program

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4382324]Cheating is cheating. NO should be disciplined -- no question about it. However, to put this in the same category as Spygate is out of bounds. I am not condoning cheating of any kind nor what the Saints are accused of doing.

Having said that, I am sure players are given some type of incentive/motivation all the time. To compare that with the illegal taping of your opponents is a clear distinction between the two.

The punishment should fit the crime. Punish NO, no question. However, what NE did attacks the sport, and all professional competitions, at its core. The integrity of the NFL was at stake. Hence, the destruction of the evidence.[/QUOTE]

Are you f'n kidding me with this crap? Your bias against the Pats makes 75% of your posts a waste of bandwidth. Can you really argue that deliberately targeting opposing players with the intent to injure is less detrimental to the game than filming an opponent from an unauthorized location? Really? ! What a joke.

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4382324]Cheating is cheating. NO should be disciplined -- no question about it. However, to put this in the same category as Spygate is out of bounds. I am not condoning cheating of any kind nor what the Saints are accused of doing.

Having said that, I am sure players are given some type of incentive/motivation all the time. To compare that with the illegal taping of your opponents is a clear distinction between the two.

The punishment should fit the crime. Punish NO, no question. However, what NE did attacks the sport, and all professional competitions, at its core. The integrity of the NFL was at stake. Hence, the destruction of the evidence.[/QUOTE]

+1. Organized attempts to deliberately injure opposing players are FAR less serious than videotaping hand signals in plain view.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4382360]Are you f'n kidding me with this crap? Your bias against the Pats makes 75% of your posts a waste of bandwidth. Can you really argue that deliberately targeting opposing players with the intent to injure is less detrimental to the game than filming an opponent from an unauthorized location? Really? ! What a joke.[/QUOTE]

Troll. :steamin:

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4382353]Goodell will make an example out of the Saints much like he did with the Patriots. But you'd be a fool to think that either team was the only one in the league committing their respective violations. They were just stupid enough to get caught.[/QUOTE]

As I previously stated, I am sure other teams have provided some type of incentive/motivation. I certainly don't think NO is the only team in the NFL to do this. I also believe it occurs in other sports.

As for Spygate, no, I don't believe other teams cheated to the extent NE did. If so, we would know about it. With FA and player releases, coaching changes, nothing of that nature could be hidden after a scandal like Spygate.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4382360]Are you f'n kidding me with this crap? Your bias against the Pats makes 75% of your posts a waste of bandwidth. Can you really argue that deliberately targeting opposing players with the intent to injure is less detrimental to the game than filming an opponent from an unauthorized location? Really? ! What a joke.[/QUOTE]

Why are you stalking me Grickhead. You're the joke. GFY....

[QUOTE=AFCEastFan;4382362]+1. Organized attempts to deliberately injure opposing players are FAR less serious than videotaping hand signals in plain view.[/QUOTE]

I can understand your frustration as a NE fan -- being associated with the "cheating stigma/stench."

This is football. While I don;t condone NO's actions, if you think they are the only ones to have committed this violation -- think again. Football is a violent sport. When the defense lines up, their job is to go after the QB and knock him out of the game. If you think otherwise, you're a fool.

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4382367]I can understand your frustration as a NE fan -- being associated with the "cheating stigma/stench." [/QUOTE]

What happens on opposing team's message boards stay on opposing team's message boards. Apart from a couple of frustrating recent deep playoff losses and the circumstances surrounding the career-ending injuries of Darryl Stingley and Robert Edwards, I have had very few frustrations as a Pats fan. :yes:

[QUOTE]

This is football. While I don;t condone NO's actions, if you think they are the only ones to have committed this violation -- think again. Football is a violent sport. When the defense lines up, their job is to go after the QB and knock him out of the game. If you think otherwise, you're a fool.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Reggie Dunlop. :rolleyes:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HbehN1LET8[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Spygate was worse than this.

Every team tries to knock people out. Not every team cheats.

The Saints essentially gave a middle finger to one of Goodell's most prized initiatives. I expect him to come down much harder on the Saints than he did the Patriots. Multiple draft picks, fines, suspensions, everything. It's gonna be brutal for them.

There's a lot of front-running fringe New Englanders in this thread trying to wash themselves of their Spygate shame.

When you can win three superbowls by cheating, it has a little more seriousness than paying pocket change for knocking players out of the game -- something which defenders try to do anyway.

It's Bruins season, and almost high time for another Season of Red Sox Shattered Dreams™, stop worrying about Spygate, because nobody will ever forget...

All Pro
    Goodell is going to hammer them

Picks and fines.

I saw a writer propose they lose their franchise tag for a few years.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4382365]Why are you stalking me Grickhead. You're the joke. GFY....[/QUOTE]

Calm down.

[QUOTE=Astoria;4382535]There's a lot of front-running fringe New Englanders in this thread trying to wash themselves of their Spygate shame.

When you can win three superbowls by cheating, it has a little more seriousness than paying pocket change for knocking players out of the game -- something which defenders try to do anyway.

It's Bruins season, and almost high time for another Season of Red Sox Shattered Dreams™, stop worrying about Spygate, because nobody will ever forget...[/QUOTE]

Cool story bro.:rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382500]

Spygate was worse than this.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, taping from an unauthorized area is worse than trying to end a players career. :rolleyes:

Your envy and jealousy of the Pats success is laughable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

I'm not saying it should be complacent behavior to offer a pitt bull an extra piece of table scraps if he "gets the cat", but in the case of Brett Farve and other POS mutts off the field, it's almost vigilante justice being served.

fast forward to today, Godell is picking and choosing his battles to clean up the halls of his own building on Park Ave. South in NYC and install NWO (new world order) rules to work and play by.

Good for him and I like the commish's style.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Williams is one of Buddy's Boys...the good ole days.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lGnHqlXilg...We'll[/url] just beat you into Submission, makes me hard.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4382616][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lGnHqlXilg...We'll[/url] just beat you into Submission, makes me hard.[/QUOTE]

The hits they showed in the video seemed legal. It's one thing to hit hard within the rules rather then injuring players with illegal hits.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382500]Spygate was worse than this.

Every team tries to knock people out. Not every team cheats.[/QUOTE]

You could argue that spygate helps a team win more...

BUt this is MUCH worse for the league, in terms of PR. The reflects really poorly on everyone attached with the incident, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were lawsuits that came down.

Gregg Williams is in serious, serious trouble here. The league has been preaching playing safety for a few years now, and paying a bounty to purposely injure players, whether it's common or not, is embarrassing for the league. I suspect the league is going to come down VERY hard on Williams.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4382620]The hits they showed in the video seemed legal. It's one thing to hit hard within the rules rather then injuring players with illegal hits.[/QUOTE]

A bounty isn't about illegal hits, everyone would have torn ACL/MCL's.

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4382623]You could argue that spygate helps a team win more...

BUt this is MUCH worse for the league, in terms of PR. The reflects really poorly on everyone attached with the incident, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were lawsuits that came down.

Gregg Williams is in serious, serious trouble here. The league has been preaching playing safety for a few years now, and paying a bounty to purposely injure players, whether it's common or not, is embarrassing for the league. I suspect the league is going to come down VERY hard on Williams.[/QUOTE]

Almost all teams have bounties, it's widely practiced and known throughout the league. Only one team was taping/cheating... I heard the former GM of the redskins on the radio last night, he said that this doesnt compare to spy gate for that very reason.