Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bengals franchise tag K Mike Nugent

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4382235]A KICKER franchise tagged??? Hahahahahaha.

Well, he was drafted in the second round and now he's been franchise tagged, pretty impressive resume.[/QUOTE]

who is the GM in cincy? will lose his job in 10 months

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Scoop24;4382198]Just another case of us giving up on a guy to soon..[/QUOTE]
    The guy was also reportedly unhappy with living in NY. It didn't suit him and he was happy to bolt to Tampa

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4383355]He's overachieved in New England. He's hit his peak. Any other team in the NFL and he'd be cut.[/QUOTE]

Yup...Keep thinking that. And so what if he has? Nobody said he would be the next Walter Payton!

He was a role player...The Jet fan base wants to build the equivalent of the Basketball dream team, when in reality, what you need are guys like a Woodhead, you get for cheap, who are their for one or two reasons, and that is how you use them.

Funny, Pats picked him up in an instant, just like they have many other guys. How does that seem to work for them, in comparison to the Jets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TechJet;4383371]who is the GM in cincy? will lose his job in 10 months[/QUOTE]

Guess that guy in Cleveland is going to lose his job, since Phil Dawson was franchised. I wonder what that GM in New England is doing after franchising Adam Viniteiri a few years ago?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4383380]The guy was also reportedly unhappy with living in NY. It didn't suit him and he was happy to bolt to Tampa[/QUOTE]

No bloody wonder!

He was drafted in the second round and touted as the missing piece to the Super Bowl in one of the worst cities as far as media and fan pressure!

Kickers typically do not hit their stride (after 30 or so) until later in their careers, just like baseball pitchers. What did we really expect from a 23 year old kid?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TechJet;4383371]who is the GM in cincy? will lose his job in 10 months[/QUOTE]

Mike Brown can't fire himself (at least as far as I know of).

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve;4383390]Guess that guy in Cleveland is going to lose his job, since Phil Dawson was franchised. I wonder what that GM in New England is doing after franchising Adam Viniteiri a few years ago?[/QUOTE]

Dawson is VERY underrated. If he ever hits the free agent market, he probably won't last long IMO.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4382594]Danny Woodhead says hi.[/QUOTE]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the decision of who to cut was between Woodhead and McKnight, correct?

Woodhead has been a nice player for the Pats and good for him, but to imply the Jets made a bad decision not keeping him over McKnight is just ridiculous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rlucas4137;4383468]Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the decision of [B]who to cut was between Woodhead and McKnight[/B], correct?

Woodhead has been a nice player for the Pats and good for him, but to imply the Jets made a bad decision not keeping him over McKnight is just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember they needed a spot for Coles who was going to fill in during the Holmes 4 game suspension..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Scoop24;4382198]Just another case of us giving up on a guy to soon..[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]March 4, 2016 - RotoWorld

The Tennessee Titans today placed the Franchise Tag on QB [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][U]Mark Sanchez[/U][/COLOR] after not being able to come to a longterm deal with veteran signal caller. Acquired via Free Agency in 2014, the Titans QB who has benefited from a change in scenery following good but unspectacular seasons with the New York Jets, will be paid the average of the Top 5 QBs in the NFL unless a longterm deal is reached. Sanchez was 4th in the League in Total Touchdowns (passing, rushing) in 2015, and led the Titans to 12 wins while passing for 4,290 yards.[/QUOTE]

Interesting.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 03-04-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4383475]Interesting.[/QUOTE]

Bill Murray not only hunts gophers, he's clairvoyant, too. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rlucas4137;4383468]Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the decision of who to cut was between Woodhead and McKnight, correct?

Woodhead has been a nice player for the Pats and good for him, but to imply the Jets made a bad decision not keeping him over McKnight is just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

No way would I take Woodhead over McKnight.

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;4383394]No bloody wonder!

He was drafted in the second round and touted as the missing piece to the Super Bowl in one of the worst cities as far as media and fan pressure!

Kickers typically do not hit their stride (after 30 or so) until later in their careers, just like baseball pitchers. What did we really expect from a 23 year old kid?[/QUOTE]

Excellent question!

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4383475]Interesting.[/QUOTE]

While you're at it, could you email me next year's Super Bowl winner!
    ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4382253]Browns just tagged Phil Dawson as well. Whats going on?[/QUOTE]

usually a franchise tag means huge bucks

unless you tag a kicker

cheapness

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Nugent sucked a big hairy d1ck when he was on the Jets. Jets made the right call canning him in favor of Feely who was better. Even Folk is better. Just b/c by some fluke he had a decent season for the Bengals 4 years later changes nothing - I've seen Nuge choke some important fg's for Cincy too.

[B]I do however mourn the loss of Steve Weatherford. WTF Tanny[/B]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4382258]Pats tagged AV 2 years in a row.[/QUOTE]

Huge difference. AV was worth every penny in NE and also in Indy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rlucas4137;4383468][B]Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the decision of who to cut was between Woodhead and McKnight, correct?[/B]

No, it was between Woodhead and Clowney.

_