Thread: Marriage Equality/President Obama

Marriage Equality/President Obama

Time for President Obama to get off the fence when it comes to marriage equality. If you ask people in LGBT community they will tell you President Obama has been a great friend to them, most notably the repeal of DADT and his administrations refusal to defend DOMA in the courts. But, In the last few weeks many Democrats, including 22 U.S. Senators have called for the endorsement of marriage equality on the Democratic platform at the DNC Convention in the summer. Obviously they can't do that without the Democratic leader being fully behind it. He needs to show some leadership and put his weight behind marriage equality in this country not after the November election but before it.
    Last edited by Mantle & Namath; 03-02-2012 at 05:14 PM.

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4382243]Time for President Obama to get off the fence when it comes to marriage equality. If you ask people in LGBT community they will tell you President Obama has been a great friend to them, most notably the repeal of DADT and his administrations refusal to defend DOMA in the courts. But, In the last few weeks many Democrats, including 22 U.S. Senators have called for the endorsement of marriage equality on the Democratic platform at the DNC Convention in the summer. Obviously they can't do that without the Democratic leader being fully behind it. He needs to show some leadership and put his weight behind marriage equality in this country not after the November election but before it.[/QUOTE]

If Obama was the person he claims to be he would do exactly what you said. I don't see it happening.

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4382243]Democratic leader.[/QUOTE]

He's no longer the D leader... He's just the leader...

But I expect you wouldn't grasp that is what is wholeheartedly wrong with politics in the first place...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4382288]He's no longer the D leader... He's just the leader...

But I expect you wouldn't grasp that is what is wholeheartedly wrong with politics in the first place...[/QUOTE]

Politics started it's downward de-evolution once questioning patriotism became the most commonly used mouth grenade to fling at your opponents.

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4382288]He's no longer the D leader... He's just the leader...

But I expect you wouldn't grasp that is what is wholeheartedly wrong with politics in the first place...[/QUOTE]

Attacking me for no reason what so ever. Nice.

Like it or not we have political parties. The current president is the leader of the Democratic Party. Debating that is just silly.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4382271]If Obama was the person he claims to be he would do exactly what you said. I don't see it happening.[/QUOTE]

I've never though he was personally against same-sex marriage. It's obviously political. Though I'm not convinced supporting same-sex marriage would hurt him in November. But even if it did, I still think he should take a stand.

[QUOTE=Mantle & Namath;4382302]Attacking me for no reason what so ever. Nice.[/quote]

Attack? lol... Attacking you would be me clowning on you for creating a separate user name to agree with things you posted within this forum... What kind of sad little boy would have to do something like that, just so people on the internet would give him an ounce of credibility...

Riddle me this... Does that register on your give a sh-- meter? :rolleyes:

[quote]Like it or not we have political parties. The current president is the leader of the Democratic Party. Debating that is just silly.[/QUOTE]

Again, I said you wouldn't grasp it. We'll leave it at that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4382327]Attack? lol... Attacking you would be me clowning on you for creating a separate user name to agree with things you posted within this forum... What kind of sad little boy would have to do something like that, just so people on the internet would give him an ounce of credibility...

Riddle me this... Does that register on your give a sh-- meter? :rolleyes:
    [/QUOTE]

Mickey Mantle and Joe Namath approve this message.