Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wine drinker craving hard liquor

[QUOTE=Rumrunner;4382358]"Kraken" is a dark spiced rum that comes in really cool bottle. It's not that easy to find. It's 94 proof where most spiced rums are 70 or 80 proof. It's good with most normal rum mixers but if you mix it with ginger ale it tastes almost like black cherry. My wife was never a rum drinker but she's hooked. "Release the Kraken"! Mount Gay "Eclipse is a good one as well (If you happen to take a liking to rum which I obviously have).[/QUOTE]

Love Kraken but a bit much for a noob don't ya think.

I too am a wine drinker ... But I have recently been stuck on perfecting the vodka martini. I started with grey goose ... Deviated at jewel of Russia .... And the back to grey goose. The high end Stoli is actually quite good and smooth as well believe it or not. It's the one that comes in the shape of a russian artillery shell.

Tried with lemon ... Tried with olives. go with olives.

Tried dirty (olive juice)

Tried a few vermouth but went back to martini and Ross ... The mist sprayer is the way to go.

Tried shaken ... Tried stirred ... Actually think stirred might be better.

Another drink I tried for something sweet ... Disorono w/ cranberry juice.

Anyway ... Couple ideas for you ...

Oh yeah been on a tequila thing too .. Love patron... But prefer Don Julio .. Anejo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Dunnie; 03-03-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4382401]Vick.

_[/QUOTE]

If it is, a once decent poster is now just embarrassing himself.

[QUOTE=FF2®;4382378]Stillborne?[/QUOTE]

Stillborne? Vick? Wet dreams?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Sports;4382309]I've been a wine drinker all my life, but recently craving hard liquor.

Vodka, Tequila, Whiskey, Cognac, Rum or other?

Should I start with a mix drink or straight?

I don't buy cheap drinks so don't recommend Smirnoff, Old Crow Bourbon, anything with a Southern name, etc.[/QUOTE]

You mix with the cheaper, straight with the good. Gin and Tonic.

All Pro
    Nyquil Stinger....that's the ticket

[IMG]http://images.all-free-download.com/images/graphiclarge/vicks_nyquil_112535.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;4382512]Dump harmless pot questions, and keep this front and center. The mods should be embarrassed. Even more embarrassing...they lobbied to do this.[/QUOTE]

LOLz.....whut? :confused:

All Pro
    What ever you end up choosing Sports, always remember to drive fast and take chances afterwards.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4382614]If it is, a once decent poster is now just embarrassing himself.[/QUOTE]

This.

Was always very clever--his wit and comebacks were truly Hampur worthy.

But then he'd go off like a sociopath and get band.

At least he's starting slow with his new Sports persona, but I agree, it's a bit embarrassing.

_