Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Hunter's Demise ...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Was Hunter's Demise ...

... a product of having to cover for Ducasse @ gaurd too much ?? Essentially worrying about two positions at once. ??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huh? What games were you watching?

Moore was the RG, not Ducasse. Moore didn't allow a sack all year. Ducasse only came onto the field when he was being used as a blocking TE (and for a few drives in the Ravens game, when we tried to bench Colin Baxter and shifted Slauson over to Center).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4382326]... a product of having to cover for Ducasse @ gaurd too much ?? Essentially worrying about two positions at once. ??[/QUOTE]

Ducasse how many times did he play guard last year. He started one game last year for the Jets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/10/31/d4c7cf72-bab5-40f9-809e-57345b9c8ee3.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4382326]... a product of having to cover for Ducasse @ gaurd too much ?? Essentially worrying about two positions at once. ??[/QUOTE]

your joking right????

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

as you know, dunnie, I'm never one to criticize any of your posts or your negativity about the Jets, but Ducasse played something like zero snaps at RG last season. He was used as a situational third tight end in running formations when he was used at all. As far as covering up for Brandon Moore who was next to Hunter on roughly 100 percent of his snaps, I think maybe Moore was compromised by having to cover up for Hunter and not vice versa

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

No, there were two signature moments that led to Hunter's demise:

1. His missing the tackle on Tebow on the 90+ drive to lose the Denver game.

2. his missing the tackle on Cruz's 90+ yard touchdown catch.

That was where he screwed, not so much having to cover for Ducasse. That would have been no higher than 3 on the list.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly .. I only really notice Hunter when he was getting beat ... I was just searching for an answer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4382349]as you know, dunnie, I'm never one to criticize any of your posts or your negativity about the Jets, but Ducasse played something like zero snaps at RG last season. He was used as a situational third tight end in running formations when he was used at all. As far as covering up for Brandon Moore who was next to Hunter on roughly 100 percent of his snaps, I think maybe Moore was compromised by having to cover up for Hunter and not vice versa[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4382394]No, there were two signature moments that led to Hunter's demise:

1. His missing the tackle on Tebow on the 90+ drive to lose the Denver game.

2. his missing the tackle on Cruz's 90+ yard touchdown catch.

That was where he screwed, not so much having to cover for Ducasse. That would have been no higher than 3 on the list.

_[/QUOTE]

An offensive lineman missing the tackle?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsfanfromtheBURGH;4382480]An offensive lineman missing the tackle?[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought.WTF?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=STL Jet fan;4382504]Thats what I thought.WTF?[/QUOTE]

Stop thinking!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsfanfromtheBURGH;4382480]An offensive lineman missing the tackle?[/QUOTE]

Went right over your head, huh?

It makes exactly as much sense as citing Ducasse

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4383281]Went right over your head, huh?

It makes exactly as much sense as citing Ducasse[/QUOTE]
    LOL. Dude!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dunnie the answer is Yes. Yes, he had to cover a lot for Ducasse b.c at times it was if Ducasse wasn't even on the field. It was like Ducasse was a ghost out their. I would say this was about 99% of the snaps.

Hunter was also a very poor tackler. I hope the Jets are not forced to use him on Special Teams again this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should try watching the games some time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As already stated ... I hadn't paid strict attention to who was at gaurd every play ... Geez ... I was trying to figure out what our front office saw in hunter ... What they saw that justified guaranteeing his paycheck. Maybe since you scrutinized the line play so closely you could enlighten us less observant folk ...
    Last edited by Dunnie; 03-04-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4382394]No, there were two signature moments that led to Hunter's demise:

1. His [B]not making[/B] the tackle on Tebow on the 90+ drive to lose the Denver game.

2. his [B]not making[/B] the tackle on Cruz's 90+ yard touchdown catch.

_[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Aside from that nice job sir :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunter and Ducasse both SUCK

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4383281]Went right over your head, huh?

It makes exactly as much sense as citing Ducasse[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4383379]LOL. Dude!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=EM31;4383412]Fixed. Aside from that nice job sir :D[/QUOTE]

Was I too subtle?

We got some brainiacs here.

_