Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez seeks out Pennington to begin preparing for 2012

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4382508]Chad is going to be the backup qb here next season. He will help Sanchez from the sideline and can win us a game or 2 if we need him.

Cant wait to welcome back [B]#10[/B] soon.[/QUOTE]

This is definitely going to cause a rift.

Smart move by either the Jets or Sanchez to meet with Chad. Sanchez was smeared with anonymous comments about being lazy. He might not make it as our starting QB but you have to say he does try hard.

[QUOTE=child please;4382470]You mean like bringing your team to 2 straight AFC championships?[/QUOTE]

It's amazing, I mean AMAZING this is lost on so many.

I mean, how pathetic is this? :rolleyes:

All League
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4382529]It's amazing, I mean AMAZING this is lost on so many.

I mean, how pathetic is this? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Another way to look at it is how pathetic is it that so many think he is the reason the Jets were in 2 straight AFCCGs?

[QUOTE=gcherd;4382472]Chad played the QB position brilliantly for Sparano in 2008 leading his Miami Dolphins team to an AFC East division title.[/QUOTE]

Revisionist history does not suit you here. The Wildcat was what gave the Miami offense much of its success that year. The 'cat was what created opportunities for Pennington, not the reverse. The first 3-4 weeks of the '08 season, the pressure was on Sparano to sit Pennington.

The game against the Pats where the wildcat was unveiled turned their offensive prospects around.

When it was taken away by Rex with the Ravens in the playoffs and the Dolphins were forced to rely on Pennington, it ended in a complete disaster for him and the Dolphins.

[QUOTE=gcherd;4382472]Chad played the QB position brilliantly for Sparano in 2008 leading his Miami Dolphins team to an AFC East division title, so Mark Sanchez is smart to seek knowledge from the second greatest QB to ever wear a NY Jets uniform. Chad's accuracy, leadership and ability to read defenses are skills that Sanchez can improve on as an added bonus with the help of #10. Even though Pennington was dumped by the Jets franchise to bring in "The Diva" for a one-year failed experiment, Chad is a class act willing to help his old team.

God Bless Chad Pennington.[/QUOTE]
    Couldn't agree with you more! Penny would make a wonderful qb coach. Penny's smarts plus Sanchize's athleticism minus Shoddy's nonsense equals big things ahead in 2012.

Jets Insider VIP
    so far the offseason has been terrific

the cause of the offensive problems sent packing to destroy Sam Bradford in St Louis

sanchez recovered from his late season injury and working hard with someone who knows the new offensive system apparently on his own

Rex admitting that talk and guarantees are cheap and working quietly to get ready for 2012-13

a full slate of draft picks (plus potentially 4 comp picks) for the first time in a long time

braylon potentially returning and plax potentially taking his handguns to Pennsylvania

all good so far

[QUOTE=simijet;4382530]Another way to look at it is how pathetic is it that so many think he is the reason the Jets were in 2 straight AFCCGs?[/QUOTE]

^this guy gets it!!!

[QUOTE=sg3;4382554]so far the offseason has been terrific

the cause of the offensive problems sent packing to destroy Sam Bradford in St Louis

sanchez recovered from his late season injury and working hard with someone who knows the new offensive system apparently on his own

Rex admitting that talk and guarantees are cheap and working quietly to get ready for 2012-13

a full slate of draft picks (plus potentially 4 comp picks) for the first time in a long time

braylon potentially returning and plax potentially taking his handguns to Pennsylvania

all good so far[/QUOTE]

I agree ... So far they are doing most things right ... Except for the re-signing of Hunter. If we can get a healthy BE back , have a strong smart draft, and fill a few more holes I'll be psyched.

[QUOTE=simijet;4382530]Another way to look at it is how pathetic is it that so many think he is the reason the Jets were in 2 straight AFCCGs?[/QUOTE]

Many QB's can get you to the playoffs, once there you need to elevate your game against elite teams. Sanchez played well enough in the playoffs to get us to the AFC championship games, and IMO given a chance at a last minute drive against the Steelers would have won it for us..he was on fire the second half.
    Ask Matt Ryan how tough it is to go deep in the playoffs.

[QUOTE=FMJets;4382560]Many QB's can get you to the playoffs, once there you need to elevate your game against elite teams. Sanchez played well enough in the playoffs to get us to the AFC championship games, and IMO given a chance at a last minute drive against the Steelers would have won it for us..he was on fire the second half.
    Ask Matt Ryan how tough it is to go deep in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

I don t think anyone is dismissing marks CLUTCH play in big games. I think the sentiment is more along the lines of ... Why the hell isnt he playing consistently like that every game ... Every down. Not only that ... But why has accuracy degraded and why has his long ball evaporated into nothing ... Why does he still have happy feet as a third year player? Why does he sulk so much when faced with adversity ?? Stuff like that.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 03-03-2012 at 07:06 AM.

I agree. Good point

Almost as pathetic as many Jets fans who think Sanchez was the reason we lost those games.....

490 yards.....4 TDS....1 INT....7.8 YPA and a measly 93.3 and 102.2 ratings in AFCCG's as a rookie and 2nd year QB.....

[QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4382610]Almost as pathetic as many Jets fans who think Sanchez was the reason we lost those games.....

490 yards.....4 TDS....1 INT....7.8 YPA and a measly 93.3 and 102.2 ratings in AFCCG's as a rookie and 2nd year QB.....[/QUOTE]

See my above post ... ... ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Dunnie; 03-03-2012 at 09:03 AM.

[QUOTE=Equilibrium;4382532]Revisionist history does not suit you here. [/QUOTE]

Tied for second in MVP voting; I'll trust the experts over your ACM analysis.
    Nice job stopping Chad in Week 17! :shine:...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePTQaqrEdiw[/url]
    Last edited by gcherd; 03-03-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=gcherd;4382615]Tied for second in MVP voting; I'll trust the experts over your ACM analysis.
    Nice job stopping Chad in Week 17! :shine:...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePTQaqrEdiw[/url][/QUOTE]

Chad was 2nd a lot wasn't he.......;)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4382508]Chad is going to be the backup qb here next season. He will help Sanchez from the sideline and can win us a game or 2 if we need him.

Cant wait to welcome back #10 soon.[/QUOTE]

Chad can not play the game anymore. I dont know why people keep saying he can be a back up in the league anymore. Its not happening.

All League
    me likey.

i love the effort sanchez consistently puts forth during the offseason

i love that he's gone to a guy like pennington.

i love everything about this whole report

one day, maybe soon, sanchez' on-the-field performance will become more effective and consistent and they'll get to the promised land

until totally proven otherwise....sanchez is a keeper

[QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4382610]Almost as pathetic as many Jets fans who think Sanchez was the reason we lost those games.....

490 yards.....4 TDS....1 INT....7.8 YPA and a measly 93.3 and 102.2 ratings in AFCCG's as a rookie and 2nd year QB.....[/QUOTE]

This...

I laugh at the agenda driven Sanchez haters that won't give credit to Sanchez for not only getting them to the game, but his performance in both games...

I guess 4 playoff wins, 2 AFCCG's in which he played well, doesn't account for anything at the QB position... :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Dunnie;4382613]See my above post ... ... ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE]

I hear what you are saying but i think many dismiss what he has done in the playoffs.....

Like the above poster stated ask regular season young QB wonders how easy it is performing in the playoffs...Matt Ryan....Joe Flacco...Andy Dalton..How did these guys fare their first or second or third post seasons....

I was not happy about the way he ended the season nor his inconsistancy but i do put a little more stock in stepping up in the playoffs than most do.....

He has not shown he can carry the team on his back but there is a select few who can in the league.....

In the AFCCG's neither the defense or rushing game stepped up, in my view as much of the reason those 2 fazes of the game got the Jets to the championship games, they were also the main reason we lost them.....