Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez seeks out Pennington to begin preparing for 2012

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4382646]

I guess 4 playoff wins, 2 AFCCG's in which he played well, doesn't account for anything at the QB position...

[/QUOTE]

He's 0-2 in the two biggest playoff games he played.

All League
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;4382562]I don t think anyone is dismissing marks CLUTCH play in big games. I think the sentiment is more along the lines of ... [COLOR="Blue"]Why the hell isnt he playing consistently like that every game[/COLOR] [B]HE PLAYED THE LAST THREE SEASONS AS A 23, 24, & 25 YEAR OLD. IT IS NOT UNUSUAL FOR A YOUNG QB TO BE INCONSISTENT[/B] ... Every down. Not only that ... [COLOR="Blue"]But why has accuracy degraded and why has his long ball evaporated into nothing[/COLOR] [B]HIS WR'S WERE SUCK AND LAZY AND NOT ON BOARD AND HIS PLAYCALLER WHO WAS JUST FIRED[/B] ... [COLOR="blue"]Why does he still have happy feet as a third year player?[/COLOR] [B]HIS OFFENSIVE LINE WAS NOT GOOD. NO SORRY THEY WERE F*CKING TERRIBLE AND THEY GOT HIS A*S KICKED ALL YEAR!!![/B] [COLOR="blue"]Why does he sulk so much when faced with adversity??[/COLOR] [B]HE PLAYED THE LAST THREE SEASONS AS A 23, 24, & 25 YEAR OLD. IT IS NOT UNUSUAL FOR A YOUNG QB WHOS GETTING HIS ASS KICKED WITH A*HOLE WR'S WHO AREN'T PLAYING HARD TO FU**ING SULK!!![/B] Stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

my respone in bold.

[QUOTE=sg3;4382554]so far the offseason has been terrific

the cause of the offensive problems sent packing to destroy Sam Bradford in St Louis

sanchez recovered from his late season injury and working hard with someone who knows the new offensive system apparently on his own

Rex admitting that talk and guarantees are cheap and working quietly to get ready for 2012-13

a full slate of draft picks (plus potentially 4 comp picks) for the first time in a long time

braylon potentially returning and plax potentially taking his handguns to Pennsylvania

all good so far[/QUOTE]

Or a more realistic look, we have:

A qb who has shown no progression in 3 years and a propensity to turn the ball over at the worst times.

A rt, who rates as one of the worst in the league.

Very poor overall oline depth.

A TE who can't block and isn't an elite receiver either.

Not one complete rb on the team.

No depth at WR, the number one guy is small and our qb can't get him the ball.

Bad punter.

No qb depth to speak of.

2 bad safeties, too slow, not enough athleticism.

3 aging linebackers - Pace, Thomas and Scott... No real depth either.

Overall, this is a team with a lot of holes that is one step from being elite or rebuilding.

Pretty scary in my mind.

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4382654]Or a more realistic look, we have:

A qb who has shown no progression in 3 years and a propensity to turn the ball over at the worst times.

Bad punter.

No qb depth to speak of.

Overall, this is a team with a lot of holes that is one step from being elite or rebuilding.

Pretty scary in my mind.[/QUOTE]

the team is average - below average if sanchez doesn't improve and they need to draft another qb. that's why taking BAP this year is the best way to go. don't think of this team as a step away from AFC championship game, and simply aim to improve overall talent.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=simijet;4382509]
    We might as well just bring back the bankrupt guy :([/QUOTE]

... i love this move by mark ... and think it's a win/win for chad as well :yes: ...

... this reply caused me to fall out of my chair i was laughing so hard though ... thanks! :cool: :iwon: ... can't even be bothered to refer to brunnell by name ... lol ...

l_j_r
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 03-03-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Hall Of Fame

Bad punter.

No qb depth to speak of.

WTF is wrong with you people?

sg3, not the most beloved poster, simply said the offseason has been a positive so far (other than the Hunter development IMHO).

So rather that agree or disagree--you go on to list every sh*tty thing about the team that COULDN'T have been fixed by now.

"Sanchez sucks! Rex sucks! Tanny sucks! Woody sucks! Offense sucks! Defense sucks! STs sucks! Uniform sucks! Stadium sucks! Draft picks sucks! WRs sucks! RBs sucks! LBs sucks! Tailgate sucks!

But hey, I'm a huge Jet fan!!"

Bunch of f*cking crybabies.

_

Banned
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4382694]WTF is wrong with you people?

sg3, not the most beloved poster, simply said the offseason has been a positive so far (other than the Hunter development IMHO).

So rather that agree or disagree--you go on to list every sh*tty thing about the team that COULDN'T have been fixed by now.

"Sanchez sucks! Rex sucks! Tanny sucks! Woody sucks! Offense sucks! Defense sucks! STs sucks! Uniform sucks! Stadium sucks! Draft picks sucks! WRs sucks! RBs sucks! LBs sucks! Tailgate sucks!

_[/QUOTE]

Stokes, go have another cup of coffee and take a deep breath. ;)

Hall Of Fame

_[/QUOTE]

Best rant of the day thus far.

But the day is young.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4382484]It's called leadership!!!!:yes:[/QUOTE]

No! thats call stupidity/paranoia and I see trouble coming this season, why would Pennington show Miami's play book to Sanchez? duh.....that dosent make sense. Sanchez will be demoted this season.

_[/QUOTE]

I wrote a realistic post without green colored glasses.
    I didn't say anything about most of what your above post alludes to.
    Also you are the only one crying.

_[/QUOTE]

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

_[/QUOTE]

- and then there are some that are happy to settle for the status quo

Chad certainly was not blessed with a strong arm or quick feet. He made a career in the NFL by leveraging his football intelligence and leadership skills. Sanchez has the physical tools, but needs to work on the latter. Chad is the perfect coach for him right now.

don't get your hopes up to fast,penny has the head for sure.but I can't say the same for sanchez.reading defenses is the name of the game.which sanchez in my estimation.he just does not have the head for it.penny is a rhodes scholar.but sanchez is not and will never improve his IQ,

All League
    [QUOTE=Sanchise;4382494]Chad excelled in Sporanos system, good move.[/QUOTE]

Sporano/ Dan Henning OC

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jets rooter;4382762]don't get your hopes up to fast,penny has the head for sure.but I can't say the same for sanchez.reading defenses is the name of the game.which sanchez in my estimation.he just does not have the head for it.penny is a rhodes scholar.but sanchez is not and will never improve his IQ,[/QUOTE]

Sanchez had the same score on the Wonderlic as Peyton Manning and almost double of Marino.. He was also a tad higher then your boy Freeman..
    He was also higher then Chaddy who was a finalist for a Rhodes scholarship but didn't get it..

[url]http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/wonderlic-scores-of-2010-nfl-starting-quarterbacks-and-339905.html[/url]
    Last edited by Savage69; 03-03-2012 at 12:52 PM.

[QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;4382497]but wait, i thought sanchez was lazy and complacent...[/QUOTE]
    Exactly! and with his leadership, unselfishness, and dedication to the team I'm sure it was Holmo that reached out and went down, Sanchez just followed. I wonder why the article doesn't mention him?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4382709]I wrote a realistic post without green colored glasses.
    I didn't say anything about most of what your above post alludes to.
    Also you are the only one crying.[/QUOTE]

Please don't take this the wrong way, by why don't you go f*ck yourself?

This is what sg3 said--about developments so far THIS OFFSEASON.

[QUOTE=sg3;4382554]so far the offseason has been terrific

the cause of the offensive problems sent packing to destroy Sam Bradford in St Louis

sanchez recovered from his late season injury and working hard with someone who knows the new offensive system apparently on his own

Rex admitting that talk and guarantees are cheap and working quietly to get ready for 2012-13

a full slate of draft picks (plus potentially 4 comp picks) for the first time in a long time

braylon potentially returning and plax potentially taking his handguns to Pennsylvania

all good so far[/QUOTE]

So what do you do--you p*ss and moan about sh*t that has not yet been addressed--that CAN'T be address yet.

What--we should have signed someone before FA starts?

What--maybe we should swoop in now and draft Trent Richardson because no one has taken him yet?

All you f*cking crybabies do is b*tch and whine.

Let's see, Schotty is out, Chad may be tutoring Sanchez to fix some of his flaws, Rex has been admonished and has decided to tone down his act, we dumped Mulligan, we have some nice draft picks, rumor is we may be getting a big part of our offense back in BE. The only misstep so far is Hunter.

All-in-all, a pretty good few weeks

And that's all sg3 said--so you sh*t on his post with this b*tchy whiny crybaby dooshiness--why exactly did you quote him--how was your reply even slighlty responsive to his post--other than wanting to b*tch and whine and p*ss and moan like a troll?

Bad punter.

No qb depth to speak of.

Oh, and another b*tchy whiny poster.

[QUOTE=Dunnie;4382715]- and then there are some that are happy to settle for the status quo[/QUOTE]

Seriously WTF is wrong with you guys?

You hate everything about the Jets--we get it.

We can't have ONE f*cking decent conversation on this board without it being trolled by this sh*t.

The Pfail Strip is awesome in the offseason.

_

The fact that Sanchez seeked him out is most important to me. It is showing an impetus to learn and to adjust. Not like the uncoachable kid we have heard about

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4382650]He's 0-2 in the two biggest playoff games he played.[/QUOTE]

What's Brady's record in the last 2 biggest games he played?