Thread: Beating a hair test

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Beating a hair test

So its been about two weeks since i smoked the ganjj, but before that I was a somewhat frequent toker.

Well anyways, I have an interview with some big company in a few weeks and I know for sure that pending me even being able to get this job, I will be subject to a hair test(says 90-180 days). I am gonna get my hair buzzed in the next few days, and I am not exactly when my test would be. Probably earliest april-may. I am really freaking out because I obviously can't lose an internship over something so stupid. I guess if there is anyone that knows a way i can get it out sooner? Or any advice on this stuff? I'm obviously done with weed for life now as I can never deal with a risk like this again.
    Last edited by CTJetFan92; 03-02-2012 at 10:52 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ur ****ed. Seek employment elsewhere.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    out of all the tests for marijuana it lasts the longest on your hair. approximately 3 months.

if you get a haircut you should be fine.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stuff lasts in you for about 3 months. Companies who test can report you to whatever company asks for a period of 2 years. Be careful, and make sure you do the right thing.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dvl7 View Post
    out of all the tests for marijuana it lasts the longest on your hair. approximately 3 months.

if you get a haircut you should be fine.
    Yeah I if the interview is the 20th, so what earliest theyd offer it to me would probably be like two weeks later if I even get it, and there is a good chance the test won't come until like right before I would even start in May. So I was gonna buzz it tomorrowish. And then again in like a few weeks. All the hair that would grow in after would have to be clean? Right? Ah this sucks

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you get two haircuts by the time you take the test you will be fine. obviously just don't smoke at all until then.

but hopefully you don't get the job so you can just smoke and not have to worry about it, right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Legit question...not sure why it's in the dump. I think I can guess who dumped it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hair test for a job! wow this one is new to me. what kind of job you getting man? scientist?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet View Post
    Legit question...not sure why it's in the dump. I think I can guess who dumped it.
    Legit question?

I'm going to go start a thread titled 'how can I get away with being utterly ****f@ced and driving 20 miles home' and see how it goes...

The next day, I'll ask for more advice on how to remove what appears to be a homeless man from my front windshield who seems fairly talkative for a guy that entered my vehicle accidentally and is face first in leather, bleeding out slowly...

Perhaps then I'll ask if anyone is interested in hiding the body...

Thoughts?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Legit question?

I'm going to go start a thread titled 'how can I get away with being utterly ****f@ced and driving 20 miles home' and see how it goes...

The next day, I'll ask for more advice on how to remove what appears to be a homeless man from my front windshield who seems fairly talkative for a guy that entered my vehicle accidentally and is face first in leather, bleeding out slowly...

Thoughts?
    I think equating drunk driving and smoking pot is idiotic.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Legit question?

Thoughts?
    I mean it depends. What's the difference between smoking and underage drinking to you?

I am a chemical engineer. And if I can handle my **** well enough to have a 3.4 at Virginia Tech why should it matter if I smoke before I go to bed? Or go out to a party? The only difference is it stays in my hair for three months.

It's obvious you have never smoked, ignorance is key I suppose. I am not an addict as I quit once this came up. The argument could be made that this is a privacy issue. But whatever, I understand that the business world I will enter in a few years has a zero tolerance policy, so I probably won't smoke again. I was just asking for help about getting this out of my system as soon as possible. Sorry to offend you

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I've heard, the haircuts won't make a difference - the reason it stays in your hair for 3 months is because it stays in your fat cells for 3 months, and your hair follicles are surrounded by fat cells - so when your hair grows through, it has the residue, however minute. I've heard of people tring to beat it with buzz cuts or full bald, they just take an arm hair or eyebrow (because it's easier to pluck than a hair with only a small fraction of an inch showing or none at all). Your best bet is to abstain, take the test, and see what happens; if you fail, you can usually appeal, by which time hopefully you'll be clean.

I would think some cleansing/flushing couldn't hurt either, to hasten the process of elimination.

Or get a job in advertising, where even the suits usually smoke.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet View Post
    I think equating drunk driving and smoking pot is idiotic.
    I think both are illegal and if you were to damage property or human life while intoxicated on either one, you would be prosecuted similarly...

I gave such an elaborate, unrealistic scenario so the point would be realized easier... Discussing something illegal like 'help me pass a piss test' or in this case, 'hair test', probably doesn't fall in line with what advertisers want to see on a football forum...

But hey, keep fighting the good fight Cheech...

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    It's obvious you have never smoked, ignorance is key I suppose.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think both are illegal and if you were to damage property or human life while intoxicated on either one, you would be prosecuted similarly...

I gave such an elaborate, unrealistic scenario so the point would be realized easier... Discussing something illegal like 'help me pass a piss test' or in this case, 'hair test', probably doesn't fall in line with what advertisers want to see on a football forum...

But hey, keep fighting the good fight Cheech...

Speeding is illegal too...would you posit such ridiculous scenerios for a request on a good radar detector? He was simply asking for the radar detector for a hair test. But hey, keep on thinking pot is evil, Mrs. Reagan