Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So the Jets are interested in Trading up for Trent Richardson?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

So the Jets are interested in Trading up for Trent Richardson?

[QUOTE]James Walker of ESPN wrote in his blog this morning that both the Cincinnati Bengals and the [B]New York Jets[/B] could be the two most likely trading partners for the Miami Dolphins and their eighth pick in the NFL Draft. The Bengals possess both the 17th and 21st pick and the Jets have the 16th pick of the NFL Draft.

[B]In both scenarios, Walker believes the teams would trade up in hopes of selecting Trent Richardson.[/B] Both the 16th and 17th pick would carry similar value and Walker believes either team could offer their first and second round picks along with a late round draft pick. With a pick in the middle of the first round, Miami could look at pass rushing prospects as well as Ryan Tannehill, an offensive lineman, or a safety. I would hope they'd consider Janoris Jenkins too if he was still available. There would also be solid options in the second round Miami could look at with two picks as well.

While the Bengals have been talked about relentlessly as a potential trading partner, this would be the first time anyone has mentioned the Jets as a potential trade partner. Of course, teams rarely ever like to trade with another team within the same division. It brings up an interesting scenario in which many people would be dissatisfied in trying to help a rival team. What would you do if the Jets offered a trade to Miami?[/QUOTE]

Best Running Back Prospect since AD is it worth it??

[URL="http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/3/2/2839412/miami-dolphins-draft-moves-two-potential-trading-partners"]Source[/URL]
    Last edited by Scoop24; 03-03-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Scoop24;4382516]Best Running Back Prospect since AD is it worth it??[/QUOTE]

Depends what we'd give up, but I'd say so. He'd give this offense just what it's been lacking -- playmaking ability.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4382517]Depends what we'd give up, but I'd say so. He'd give this offense just what it's been lacking -- playmaking ability.[/QUOTE]

I don't get what you're saying? It's not worth doing it but he'd be giving the playmaking ability? Good or bad?

My opinion is to stay where we are or even trade down to get more picks. There's a lot of talent in this years draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4382518]I don't get what you're saying? It's not worth doing it but he'd be giving the playmaking ability? Good or bad?

My opinion is to stay where we are or even trade down to get more picks. There's a lot of talent in this years draft.[/QUOTE]

Where did I say it's not worth it? I said it depends on the compensation the Jets would surrender to move up. If it's reasonable, and T-Rich is in our sights, then it's a no-brainer. Otherwise, I agree, stay put and go BPA.

Greene, McKnight, and Powell aren't the future at RB. We're going back to the G&P approach under Sparano and who better to hand the rock off to than, like Scoop said, the best prospect since Peterson.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4382518]

My opinion is to stay where we are or even [B]trade down to get more picks[/B]. There's a lot of talent in this years draft.[/QUOTE]

I would love to see this happen - but it just doesn't seem be be Tanny's m.o.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it really depends on Free Agency.. that and the fact We haven't hit on a 2nd round pick in a while..

But Trent is the Complete package it wouldn't be easy to turn down the chance to draft him imo..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4382518]I don't get what you're saying? It's not worth doing it but he'd be giving the playmaking ability? Good or bad?

My opinion is to stay where we are or even trade down to get more picks. [B]There's a lot of talent in this years draft.[/B][/QUOTE]

This has been said about 4 of the last 5 drafts.

There's always a lot of talent in the draft. The better talent is selected earlier on, and after the 3rd round the whole thing devolves into a crapshoot.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Running back is not our biggest problem right now. I am against drafting a RB in the first round even though Trent is a great player.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Misleading thread title.

ESPN is really toilet.

This isn't even a rumor. James Walker, "A Temple graduate and Hyattsville, Md. native who lives in Miami", [U]thinks[/U] the Jets and Bengals could be likely.

Why even post this if there's no facts involved? Todd McShay thinks we're going to draft Barron. Jason Whitlock thinks Jeremy Lin sucks. Nobody's opinion is more valid than anyone else's.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

My opinion is to stay where we are or even trade down to get more picks. There's a lot of talent in this years draft.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I read wrong. I might need some reading glasses. I thought it said no instead of so. My bad

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4382539]Sorry, I read wrong. I might need some reading glasses. I thought it said no instead of so. My bad[/QUOTE]

It's all good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    why would the dolphins help the jets land a home run threat rb who they would have to defend twice a year?

if the patriots had the 8th pick, you wouldn't see the jets mentioned as potential trading partners b/c the thought of belichick helping the jets is absurd.

terrible article to include the jets. but i can see the bengals trading up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better by far to stay rooted in reality and stay put. A good player will be available to the Jets at 16. Plus they can get a decent, explosive rb like D Wilson or Lamar Miller in the 2nd or 3rd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope to god if we trade up ... It's only one or two spots and it only costs us a couple late round picks plus our 1st.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4382565]why would the dolphins help the jets land a home run threat rb who they would have to defend twice a year?

if the patriots had the 8th pick, you wouldn't see the jets mentioned as potential trading partners b/c the thought of belichick helping the jets is absurd.

terrible article to include the jets. but i can see the bengals trading up.[/QUOTE]

+1

Besides, with the Jets needs, trading up is not the answer in this draft especially when rbs can be had in later rounds. Go get BE in FA -- Tanny and Rex at his door at 12:01. Use the draft to rebuild the oline and, hopefully, get the pass rusher we so desparately need.

Some fans and the media make last year's 8-8 sound more like 2-14. With the right off season moves, the Jets are right back in contention. That's how today's NFL works. 2009 Saints, 2010 Steelers, 2010 Packers, 2011 NYG, etc. can all say the same thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4382567]Better by far to stay rooted in reality and stay put. A good player will be available to the Jets at 16. Plus they can get a decent, explosive rb like D Wilson or Lamar Miller in the 2nd or 3rd.[/QUOTE]

+1

As always, solid post Fiji.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richardson is a luxury. Jets need OL line help badly. Even Richardson needs someone to block for him.

I think Greene and McKnight are more than adequate but I can understand the organization's frustration and discontent with Greene. I think Greene needs to be given an ultimatum to show up to camp in shape and ready to go.

I can see the Jets' reasoning behind this. Richardson is a blue-chip. They most likely are not going to extend or retain Greene when his contract is up so this may be the time to take a RB even though it is a year early. Sometimes it is better to make the moves a year early bc in the next year you do not know what is going to be available.

I like Richardson but I think the Jets need all the picks they have, so to spend picks to move up for a guy they are not desperate for does not make a lot of sense to me. I think getting the OL help will make everyone on the offense better. I would also prefer they take a LB over a RB in the 1st.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets need another quality RB to play the type of game that Rex and Sparano want (those who think the Jets are set with Greene are lost). I would like Richardson but I would rather sign a Bush or Tolbert and keep the multiple picks it would take to trade up and grab him. However if those FA RBs go to the competition before the Jets it may make the task of obtaining Richardson less expensive.

Bottom line; the Jets need to come out of the offseason with another talented RB one way or the other.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4382587]
    Bottom line; the Jets need to come out of the offseason with another talented RB one way or the other.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. RBs are a dime a dozen. I am sure they can unearth someone that will be more than serviceable. I don't think they need to go out and get a Bentley.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382573]Richardson is a luxury. Jets need OL line help badly. Even Richardson needs someone to block for him.

I think Greene and McKnight are more than adequate but I can understand the organization's frustration and discontent with Greene. I think Greene needs to be given an ultimatum to show up to camp in shape and ready to go.

I can see the Jets' reasoning behind this. Richardson is a blue-chip. They most likely are not going to extend or retain Greene when his contract is up so this may be the time to take a RB even though it is a year early. Sometimes it is better to make the moves a year early bc in the next year you do not know what is going to be available.

I like Richardson but I think the Jets need all the picks they have, so to spend picks to move up for a guy they are not desperate for does not make a lot of sense to me. I think getting the OL help will make everyone on the offense better. I would also prefer they take a LB over a RB in the 1st.[/QUOTE]

+1

Agree on all points. Good post.