Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So the Jets are interested in Trading up for Trent Richardson?

Not interested unless TR falls to 16.

The Jets have lots of needs and I'd be all for trading down in the 1st to acquire more picks if the guy we want isn't there.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4382587]The Jets need another quality RB to play the type of game that Rex and Sparano want (those who think the Jets are set with Greene are lost). I would like Richardson but I would rather sign a Bush or Tolbert and keep the multiple picks it would take to trade up and grab him. However if those FA RBs go to the competition before the Jets it may make the task of obtaining Richardson less expensive.

Bottom line; the Jets need to come out of the offseason with another talented RB one way or the other.[/QUOTE]

How about Hillis? I know he's a headcase but he does fit the ground and pound style very nicely. Besides, I think he will be motivated to get paid given how it turned out in Cleveland. A player like that can really push Greene too.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4382592]How about Hillis? I know he's a headcase but he does fit the ground and pound style very nicely. Besides, I think he will be motivated to get paid given how it turned out in Cleveland. A player like that can really push Greene too.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't mind Hillis but it would have to be absolute league minimum salary and incentive based. Or Maybin-esque. He is very unstable. Not sure how he would be in the locker room. I think he would be OK b.c it seems his issues are personal in nature.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4382567]Better by far to stay rooted in reality and stay put. A good player will be available to the Jets at 16. Plus they can get a decent, explosive rb like D Wilson or Lamar Miller in the 2nd or 3rd.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, there are MANY mock drafts that are showing Richardson available as low as 17. If you want him that bad, and he is there at 13, MAYBE.

I just don't see him as a need...not when there is 3 glaring holes at OLB, S, and OL.

All Pro
    while i am not all in 100 percent on this idea more like 60 but i can see it happening sparano's offense needs another rb like brown to run his wildcat offense. I could def see him convincing rex that a RB like richardson is needed because we know rex loves running the ball. I to would like to trade down or take bpa but I do not think it will go like that.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382601]Wouldn't mind Hillis but it would have to be absolute league minimum salary and incentive based. Or Maybin-esque. He is very unstable. Not sure how he would be in the locker room. I think he would be OK b.c it seems his issues are personal in nature.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%

Most, if not all of the newspapers/ radio shows in Miami have the Dolphins going after Manning, Matt Flynn, or RG3. Under those scenarios, I can't see why they would trade the 8th pick to the Jets. It's typical off season drivel IMO.

[QUOTE=Scandal26;4382983]Most, if not all of the newspapers/ radio shows in Miami have the Dolphins going after Manning, Matt Flynn, or RG3. Under those scenarios, I can't see why they would trade the 8th pick to the Jets. It's typical off season drivel IMO.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I hope Miami gets Peyton Manning. After he's gone, it will set the franchise back another 10 years.

if we're trading up I'd rather it be for a player like ingram instead of a RB

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382573]Richardson is a luxury. Jets need OL line help badly. Even Richardson needs someone to block for him.

I think Greene and McKnight are more than adequate but I can understand the organization's frustration and discontent with Greene. I think Greene needs to be given an ultimatum to show up to camp in shape and ready to go.

I can see the Jets' reasoning behind this. Richardson is a blue-chip. They most likely are not going to extend or retain Greene when his contract is up so this may be the time to take a RB even though it is a year early. Sometimes it is better to make the moves a year early bc in the next year you do not know what is going to be available.

I like Richardson but I think the Jets need all the picks they have, so to spend picks to move up for a guy they are not desperate for does not make a lot of sense to me. I think getting the OL help will make everyone on the offense better. I would also prefer they take a LB over a RB in the 1st.[/QUOTE]

I get what you are saying, and I don't think I would draft Richardson as well. BUT...sometimes you can get yourself in trouble drafting for need. At 16, there may not be someone there worthy of the pick, but you either might reach, or then trade up to a spot to get someone which then depletes your draft picks. IF a) there is no pass rusher ala Upshaw or Ingram b) Poe was gone c) all the first round ROT are gone d) Michael Floyd....IF all those guys were gone, and Richardson was there...yeah, you would draft him, because the value pick says you do. You can then either trade Greene for a mid round pick (he is under contract for one more year on rookie deal), or you can just run with the tandem for now and let him walk in free agency. '

Jets Insider VIP
    There are only 3 prospects in the 1st round that I would consider trading up for.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin, and Trent Richardson

The people who immediately dismiss the idea of a RB in the 1st round probably aren't too educated on just how great of a prospect Richardson is. He's hands down the best RB to come out since Adrian Peterson and has drawn comparisons to guys like Earl Campbell and Bo Jackson. In addition to being the total package, the guy is an elite power runner.

I keep hearing the argument over and over that you can find good RB's later in the draft. Well, that certainly hasn't been the case for us. And you sure as hell don't find guys with the talent of a Trent Richardson that late.

[QUOTE=nj2socaljetsfan;4382526]Running back is not our biggest problem right now. I am against drafting a RB in the first round even though Trent is a great player.[/QUOTE]

Only player i trade up for is Ingram.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4383087]There are only 3 prospects in the 1st round that I would consider trading up for.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin, and Trent Richardson

The people who immediately dismiss the idea of a RB in the 1st round probably aren't too educated on just how great of a prospect Richardson is. He's hands down the best RB to come out since Adrian Peterson and has drawn comparisons to guys like Earl Campbell and Bo Jackson. In addition to being the total package, the guy is an elite power runner.

I keep hearing the argument over and over that you can find good RB's later in the draft. Well, that certainly hasn't been the case for us. And you sure as hell don't find guys with the talent of a Trent Richardson that late.[/QUOTE]

How do you say he's a great PROSPECT, then say he's the BEST to come out since AP? He's exactly that.... a prospect. He's done nothing, yet, to be compared to AP. If you want to talk about the Jets not finding good RB's in the later rounds of the draft, then you should think about the flip side.... how has drafting RBs early worked out for them? Do I need to talk about Blair Thomas and Roger Vick, whom were both great "prospects"?
    The Jets have bigger needs.... and NO running back is gonna look good behind a line that can't block for him.
    There are far more first round busts at running back than there are Pro Bowlers. I'll take my chances with a solid RB and a great o-line, any day.

All League
    [QUOTE=Scoop24;4382516]Best Running Back Prospect since AD is it worth it??

[URL="http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/3/2/2839412/miami-dolphins-draft-moves-two-potential-trading-partners"]Source[/URL][/QUOTE]

Good GOD NOOOO!!!

RB's are a dime a dozen. Throw in short careers and you have a recipe for failure. Invest in a starting OL, LB, DL.

Why bother? With this line.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;4382602]Not only that, there are MANY mock drafts that are showing Richardson available as low as 17. If you want him that bad, and he is there at 13, MAYBE.

I just don't see him as a need...not when there is 3 glaring holes at OLB, S, and OL.[/QUOTE]

this canuck is very wise...

[QUOTE=CanadaSteve;4382602]Not only that, there are MANY mock drafts that are showing Richardson available as low as 17. If you want him that bad, and he is there at 13, MAYBE.

I just don't see him as a need...not when there is 3 glaring holes at OLB, S, and OL.[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. If he is within striking range and the price is right, then by all means. But not mortgaging the draft when we have multiple needs that we can address quite well holding onto our picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4382984]Personally, I hope Miami gets Peyton Manning. After he's gone, it will set the franchise back another 10 years.[/QUOTE]

No offense but would that be the same 10 setback that dolphin fans predicted the Jets would have when we signed Favre?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

People should look back at all those high pick RBs in past drafts.

They don't help their teams win. Seems like a horrible payback on investment. As good as AP is, what has he won?

You guys need to stop playing Madden. If we upgrade at RB and ignore the rest of our holes this could very well be a 4-12 football team next season