Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So the Jets are interested in Trading up for Trent Richardson?

[QUOTE=ucrenegade;4382863]while i am not all in 100 percent on this idea more like 60 but i can see it happening sparano's offense needs another rb like brown to run his wildcat offense. [/QUOTE]

[CENTER][img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

F_ck the wildcat. It doesn't work anymore. Hasn't since 2008. Defenses have learned how to counter it. That's why Brad Smith and Ronnie Brown were irrelevant last season and will be for the remainder of their careers. That's why Schitty is regarded as one of the worst OC's in the NFL (except on this board) and the Dolphins didn't make the playoffs last couple years.

I'm so sick and tired of watching the wildcat sputter to the tune of 2-3 yards and dust. Nobody respects the pass when one of these RB's lines up at shotgun and they shouldn't. If Sparano does the same sh_t as Schitty and tries to run wildcat formations constantly OMFG fire his ass too before we end up 4-12 next season.

The only player left who runs the wildcat effectively is Tim Tebow and that's because unlike 99.99% of the RB's in the NFL he can actually complete a pass once in a while and even he is going to get exposed next season once every DC watches tape of what Belichick did to him.

[CENTER][B]NO MORE WILDCAT GARBAGE!!!!!!!! JUST REGULAR PASSING AND RUNNING PLAYS THAT ACTUALLY WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/B][/CENTER]
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 03-05-2012 at 10:55 AM.

[QUOTE=Astoria;4382533]Misleading thread title.

ESPN is really toilet.

This isn't even a rumor. James Walker, "A Temple graduate and Hyattsville, Md. native who lives in Miami", [U]thinks[/U] the Jets and Bengals could be likely.

Why even post this if there's no facts involved? Todd McShay thinks we're going to draft Barron. Jason Whitlock thinks Jeremy Lin sucks. Nobody's opinion is more valid than anyone else's.[/QUOTE]

Barron is a HUGE reach at 16. I don't care if he's the best safety in the class. He's a late first, early 2nd round draft pick.

Jets have ZERO playmakers on offense....not one player that opposing DCs have to plan for and keep them up at night. If Richardson grades out as an Apete like RB then I have no problem trading up for him - he would make the team a true ground and pound and take a ton of heat off of Sanchez.

Most mocks project him to Tampa at #5 - but if he gets past Tampa he may drop to #10 or so - at that point it may only take a 3rd rder to swap picks to get him...I would do that in a second.

FA should land a serviceable RT, OLB and Safety.....there won be enough money to land a true game changer...this is a chance to do so. Im on board.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4384347]You guys need to stop playing Madden. If we upgrade at RB and ignore the rest of our holes this could very well be a 4-12 football team next season[/QUOTE]

Who says we'd be ignoring the rest of our needs if we get Richardson?

This offense needs someone we can lean on. God knows Sanchez hasn't proven to be that guy yet. If you don't have a great QB then you better have a great RB if you want to field a respectable offense.

I'm not a fan of Greene at all as a starter. The guy is completely one dimensional. He's a solid inside runner, but he has next to no big play ability, he's totally useless as a receiver out of the backfield and he's a liability in pass protection.

Richardson is the total package and a legit blue chip prospect.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4384470]Who says we'd be ignoring the rest of our needs if we get Richardson?

This offense needs someone we can lean on. God knows Sanchez hasn't proven to be that guy yet. If you don't have a great QB then you better have a great RB if you want to field a respectable offense.

I'm not a fan of Greene at all as a starter. The guy is completely one dimensional. He's a solid inside runner, but he has next to no big play ability, he's totally useless as a receiver out of the backfield and he's a liability in pass protection.

Richardson is the total package and a legit blue chip prospect.[/QUOTE]

Agree on all points. At 16 he is the best player available by a large margin.

Greene is actually at his best on the toss sweep. Greene Richardon and Mcnight would be a great backfield.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4384470]I'm not a fan of Greene at all as a starter. The guy is completely one dimensional. He's a solid inside runner, but he has next to no big play ability, he's totally useless as a receiver out of the backfield and he's a liability in pass protection. [/QUOTE]

using rbs who suck in the passing game really hurts offenses. the jets need a guy like david wilson or doug martin, so defenses don't know it's a running play and if the jets pass, the rb is a legit option. notice how the best teams use rbs who can catch - NE, NYG.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4384475]using rbs who suck in the passing game really hurts offenses. the jets need a guy like david wilson or doug martin, so defenses don't know it's a running play and if the jets pass, the rb is a legit option. notice how the best teams use rbs who can catch - NE, NYG.[/QUOTE]

Richardson has great hands as well. You can also say the same thing about the FB, Connor is useless in the passing game.

I have sat here since reading this post and given some thought to this possibility of moving up for Trent Rich. Up until this possibility came about
    My position has been that we need to attack the following positions in this order during the offseason in order to succeed.

1. [B]Pass Rushing LB or DE.[/B] We need a beast. A Werewolf type Mofo that is going to give a QB nightmares. We get that and with Revis and Cromartie covering the secondary it is going to give opposing QB's a real nightmare. I hear Cromartie catch a lot of heat on this board by fans but bottom line is that on any other team Cro would be a #1 CB easy. Period.

2. [B]OLine.[/B] We need a real replacement for Damien Woody. The Battle is won in the trenches. A lot of Mark's regression this year had to do with the dude being knowing he was going to get trucked sooner or later. That is why the Oline defended him so much when SHTF with Holmes and Plax (who i still believe was the one talking **** behind closed doors)
    We need to address that ASAP because Wayne Hunter is a "backup" not a starter at that position.
    D'Brick had a horrible year for the type of LT he is supposed to be. I am hoping he bounces back because if not that is a position we will have to address in a couple years. My guess is that is why he agreed to restructure his contract a bit due to his sucking it up this season.

3. [B]Wide Receiver:[/B] OK... Let me go on the record and say that when the whole thing went down with keeping either Holmes or Bray I always wanted Bray over Holmes. However in this case... As much as I am still heated at Holmes we got to deal with it. In regards to Bray? Unless he is willing to come over here cheap and show us he still got it then let that ship continue to run. A knee surgery is serious. He may have lost that get open ability he had. There is something we all dont know yet. It's like all the people here who wanted Lavernues Coles back till he came back and was straight up garbage... ::sigh:: Let him prove he is the same. Regardless That is a position the JETS need to attack either in the 3rd round or via free agency.

4. [B]Safety.[/B] Let's face it. Leonhard needs help... While we don't need a Stud Pro Bowl Safety because of Revis and Cro we need a Solid one.

5. [B]Middle Linebacker:[/B] Bart Scott's Replacement. Nuff Said. We need someone solid back there that can compliment Harris.

6. [B]RB.[/B] to run the type of Offense NY wants to run we need another RB. until now I had that position as last because our current RB situation was serviceable. I even thought we could do good by adding Hillis to our corp and really bang it out.

But...

All that **** I just wrote has changed if we have the opportunity to move up to Draft Trent Rich.
    This dude is a true Blue Chip RB. He is in the class of Adrian Peterson, Emmitt Smith, and Earl Campbell. This dude is a Beast!!!! We have him @1 and Greene @2 and you have a very very lethal RB combo that will bruise, abuse, and destroy Dlines.
    I would give up our 1st, 2nd, and 6th round pick for him.

A RB like him comes around every 5-6 yrs. With the offense we want to utilize with Sparano it will be OD.

And to counter the fact that we gave up a 1st & 2nd for him? Trade Revis.
    Yes I said it. Trade Revis for a 1st round pick because we only have 2 yrs left with him tops. We can plug Cro at the #1, sign another CB in free agency at the #2 and keep it moving.

Flame me if you want but we can move Revis and still be a great team. Look at this years Super Bowl. Did you see any Pro Bowl cornerbacks on either team? The Corner Back position is not one that will take you to the big game in todays NFL. Putting Pressure on the QB ios what will. With that Revis Trade we address our Pass Rushing problem.

Or... Trade Revis for the Bengals Pick Straight up.

My Take. Flame on Folks. :fireboy::fireboy::fireboy:

p.s. for those saying we need a rb for the wildcat??? GTFO with that ****. It was a gimmick and thats that.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4384472]Agree on all points. At 16 he is the best player available by a large margin.[/QUOTE]

If he's that good, why would he drop to 16? Not getting past Tampa at 5.....in Schiano's mind, Richardson=Rice.

All Pro
    [QUOTE]If he's that good, why would he drop to 16? Not getting past Tampa at 5.....in Schiano's mind, Richardson=Rice. [/QUOTE]

Is Schiano the GM? Last I heard, he was the head coach. The GM is the guy who need to buy in on taking a rb at the #5 spot. And in 2012, thats gonna be a hard sell.

I see the bucs going in a different direction at 5.

All League
    The only way I see the Bucs taking Richardson is if Claiborne is off the board already. They need a CB way way more than a RB.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4384482]Richardson has great hands as well. You can also say the same thing about the FB, Connor is useless in the passing game.[/QUOTE]

in my opinion, greene, connor and mulligan really hurt the jets, and sanchez, in the passing game. that's 3 eligible receivers who really can't help move the chains. this hurts the completion %. if keller and holmes were covered, there was nowhere to go with the ball. that's why kerley was so key. he caught first downs when he was in b/c he was the 3rd option who could actually get open. also, tomlinson was effective too. the jets need a david wilson/doug martin in the 2nd. they need a blocking TE who can catch. they need every single guy who blocks to be able to catch a pass and get 5 yards.

Veteran
    PFT is reporting that both Richardson and Barron won't participate in the Alabama pro day. that could be HUGE for the Jets. Richardson would have a great chance to fall to 16, while they could probably still have Barron around in the 2nd.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=heymangold;4386351]PFT is reporting that both Richardson and Barron won't participate in the Alabama pro day. that could be HUGE for the Jets. Richardson would have a great chance to fall to 16, while they could probably still have Barron around in the 2nd.[/QUOTE]

Richardson AND Barron?

I'd do cartwheels.

[QUOTE=BrowningNagle;4384404]Jets have ZERO playmakers on offense....not one player that opposing DCs have to plan for and keep them up at night. If Richardson grades out as an Apete like RB then I have no problem trading up for him - he would make the team a true ground and pound and take a ton of heat off of Sanchez.

Most mocks project him to Tampa at #5 - but if he gets past Tampa he may drop to #10 or so - at that point it may only take a 3rd rder to swap picks to get him...I would do that in a second.

FA should land a serviceable RT, OLB and Safety.....there won be enough money to land a true game changer...this is a chance to do so. Im on board.[/QUOTE]
    Sign (healthy) Braylon and should T-Rich be available for the Jets then the difference in O will be night and day. Plus Jets are rid of Shoddy the bastid, so weapons will be used properly for once