Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning throws hard at workout

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382577]As one of the very few first-guessers on this topic I look forward to gloating when this guy lights people up this year.

Manning will be a beast. A highly motivated beast.

He is not "one hit away from a wheelchair" as some have suggested. [B] His neck is as stable as any other QBs in the NFL[/B]. If he were to get injured it would not be bc of his neck being weak. At this point it is all about regaining the muscle memory and building up his strength.[/QUOTE]

Do you even know what happens when you do a fusion? about permanent loss of motion in the neck due to fusing of the joint. About the abnormal pressures put on the spinal joints immediately above and below the joint as the body tries to compensate.

The fusion sight will not break, or is no more likely to break than any other spot in his neck. The ongoing damage to the joints above and below will be sped up. Also, if he has degeneration in one spot in his neck, there will be degenerative changes in the other joints as well. Just not as severe yet.

I see people like this every week.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4382678]Arm strength doesn't seem to be an issue.

If Manning's health checks out we'd be stupid not to make a serious play for him.[/QUOTE]

Arm strength is good that day. I'm curious what it was like the next day, when the soreness kicks in and the inflammation gets worse? Does he get weakness for a few days, or is he still good to go?

I don't know, I'm curious.

Jets Insider VIP
    he demonstrated arguably the greatest arm strength ever for a person throwing a football from a rascal scooter

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=chirorob;4382876]Do you even know what happens when you do a fusion? about permanent loss of motion in the neck due to fusing of the joint. About the abnormal pressures put on the spinal joints immediately above and below the joint as the body tries to compensate.

The fusion sight will not break, or is no more likely to break than any other spot in his neck. The ongoing damage to the joints above and below will be sped up. Also, if he has degeneration in one spot in his neck, there will be degenerative changes in the other joints as well. Just not as severe yet.

I see people like this every week.[/QUOTE]

If you read my other posts I said I was just repeating what I heard the reports are. I also said that I have had some experience with family that have had similar procedures. Not claiming I am an expert by any stretch of the imagination.

I appreciate you shedding light on the situation for us. If you are someone that deals with this type of injury I would be interested in hearing your opinion once we find out what kind of shape he is in.

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4382672][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOVAiFAmLc4&feature=youtu.be[/url]

Manning throwing[/QUOTE]

The only ball I can see being thrown was the 1st one, which indeed was a very nice, hard thrown ball.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4382939]The only ball I can see being thrown was the 1st one, which indeed was a very nice, hard thrown ball.[/QUOTE]

You have to squint and I an only see the ball in the first throw too, can see the arm motion in the others. Looks a lot like the throws in the McElroy videos. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4382947]You have to squint and I an only see the ball in the first throw too, can see the arm motion in the others. Looks a lot like the throws in the McElroy videos. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

LOL. My only question is, Why the f*ck is he throwing at Duke? Are his doctors located there?

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382952]LOL. My only question is, Why the f*ck is he throwing at Duke? Are his doctors located there?[/QUOTE]

Read the article. His former offensive coordinator in Tennessee is the head coach at Duke now.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4382962]Read the article. His former offensive coordinator in Tennessee is the head coach at Duke now.[/QUOTE]

Thank You.

I rarely read the articles, LOL.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382976]Thank You.

I rarely read the articles, LOL.[/QUOTE]

Soright but how can you be part of discussions if you don't READ. It's good for you too. :P

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4382982]Soright but how can you be part of discussions if you don't READ. It's good for you too. :P[/QUOTE]

I prefer to spew some sh*t and wait to see what happens.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382986]I prefer to spew some sh*t and wait to see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Oh common!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4382681]Hes 36 years old and will demand money we cannot afford. I dont see the NYJETS persuing Peyton Manning.[/QUOTE]

Tanny is about Tanny who is an excellent cap guy but who really has no plan on how to build a football team. :rolleyes:

So with that last statement as the back drop if Manning is healthy you can beat your last dollar the Jets will pursue him.

You can count on it!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4382832]Not a bad thing? That sounds like a nightmare scenario[/QUOTE]

Yes that was a nightmare scenario and yet we have posters out here saying that they think that would be a good thing for the Jets....

And no you can not make it up.....:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4382986]I prefer to spew some sh*t and wait to see what happens.[/QUOTE]

:)

LMAO

Hypothetical scenario the NYJETS acquire Peyton Manning what happens to Mark Sanchez?

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4383013]Hypothetical scenario the NYJETS acquire Peyton Manning what happens to Mark Sanchez?[/QUOTE]

He's gone

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4383044]He's gone[/QUOTE]

Cut or trade? What about his salary and ramifications that go along with it?

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4383013]Hypothetical scenario the NYJETS acquire Peyton Manning what happens to Mark Sanchez?[/QUOTE]

If the Jets did that, I am done with this team.

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4383054]If the Jets did that, I am done with this team.[/QUOTE]

+1 It would be an incredible hit btw both ways, trading and cutting.