Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Moss to Meet Unnamed Team (RotoWorld Suspects Jets)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4382951]If Moss runs as fast as he says he is going to run and is healthy and in good shape I'd have no problem with him being brought in. Would have to be cheap of course, just like Edwards.[/QUOTE]

Why on Moss? We tried that with Plax. If Moss comes here and doesn't get his way, he bomes an instant locker room cancer--something we don't need. We know what BE is to our offense and team. IMO, that it a no brainer. Let's surround Mark with the a player he knows well and has helped him progress/develop. Not a possible cancer like Moss that will hinder his growth.

P.S. Let's think long term. Moss is a short term remedy at best

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine Holmes and Moss in an on field dispute with Sanchez.........:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I run into Rex at dinner tonight I'll ask him. Running into him is likely, Moss is not.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4383068]If I run into Rex at dinner tonight I'll ask him. Running into him is likely, Moss is not.[/QUOTE]

You frequent all you can buffets too?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4382878]generally bad and worthless "info"

just sayin'[/QUOTE]

i disagree....i find roto's info to be excellent and they seem to sift through the garbage before letting something go live on their end.

for example, right now there are Kevin Garnett to Atlanta for Josh Smith rumors, which isn't a substantial rumor and they haven't said a peep about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4382683]Plaxico Burress part II .................just sign Braylon Edwards already DAMMIT.[/QUOTE]

agreed!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are interested in all the wrong players this offseason.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4383173]The Jets are interested in all the wrong players this offseason.[/QUOTE]

Thats what happens who have little or no money to spend you start slumming.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No friggin way...

Last July started this thread....

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231160[/url]

They signed Plax, and I couldn't stand seeing him in a Jets uni. IMO, Moss would be worse.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4382951]If Moss runs as fast as he says he is going to run and is healthy and in good shape I'd have no problem with him being brought in. Would have to be cheap of course, just like Edwards.[/QUOTE]

This right here. If he truly is running a 4.3 then we have to take a look at him for something on the cheap.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4383179]No friggin way...

Last July started this thread....

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231160[/url]

They signed Plax, and I couldn't stand seeing him in a Jets uni. IMO, Moss would be worse.[/QUOTE]

He would have been a better signing than Plax last year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing wrong with giving him a workout. If he can still run a 4.3 (Something I highly doubt) and shows a desire to prove himself, he would be worth the risk of a 1 year deal.

People like to mock the signing of Plaxico, but in reality he was a solid Number 2 WR. How many number 2 WRs had 8 TDs last year? And its not like he was playing with Drew Brees. The problem with the Jets is that they paid Holmes #1 WR money and he is more of a 2.

The problem is that there are no true #1 WRs on the FA market and odds are you aren't finding a a true #1 at 16 and even if we get lucky, most rookie WR's take time to develop. Megatron had only 750 yards in his rookie year.

Plus think of how fun it will be when the Jets offense struggles a bit and both our starting WRs pout their way to the bench in the middle of a big game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if i remember correctly scoops is pretty good with his info and pretty on target so i would not be suprised if this happens.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KRaider87;4382664][url]http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/228894/randy-moss-to-visit-unnamed-team-next-week[/url]

"Our guess is the Jets because they're the one team that truly wanted to sign Moss last offseason. He only wanted to play for the Pats. Per PFT's Mike Florio, Moss plans to visit with "potential suitors," plural, next week, although it sounds like he's only got one meeting lined up. Florio suggests the team will put Moss through a workout and make him prove "his supposed 4.3 speed." "

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I never thought I would turn my back on the JETS.........

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ron Swanson;4382684]everyone suggests we are always in on everyone...wait for a concrete source before losing your ****...[/QUOTE]

Because Tanny always says the Jets will look under every rock for players and do their due diligence on guys. And they should. It doesn't mean you sign player X but nothing wrong checking player X out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4383224]if i remember correctly scoops is pretty good with his info and pretty on target so i would not be suprised if this happens.[/QUOTE]
    I thought this speculation came from Rotoworld via PFT.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4383228]Because Tanny always says the Jets will look under every rock for players and do their due diligence on guys. And they should. It doesn't mean you sign player X but nothing wrong checking player X out.[/QUOTE]

In the last few years we went out and brought in Favre, Edwards, Plax, Holmes, Cromartie and almost landed Nnamdi and made some draft day deals to get players they wanted.

And while teams like the Redskins have brought in a ton of big name FAs without success the Jets have had postseason success 2 of the last 3 years and last years. So i trust tanny if he thinks moss has enough left in the tank

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4383239]In the last few years we went out and brought in Favre, Edwards, Plax, Holmes, Cromartie and almost landed Nnamdi and made some draft day deals to get players they wanted.

And while teams like the Redskins have brought in a ton of big name FAs without success the Jets have had postseason success 2 of the last 3 years and last years. So i trust tanny if he thinks moss has enough left in the tank[/QUOTE]

I trust Tanny too. However, we just tried this formula with Plax. While it had some success, in particular the red zone offensive effectivness, given how the season ended, I think we need to move in another direction: reuniting Sanchez with Braylon who should not have been given his walking papers in the first place!!

Just like Eli Manning, you cannot continue to surround Mark with wrs who will curtail his development because they do not get the ball. Mark has to be in command in the huddle not have divas like Moss and Holmes crying in his ears when they don;t get the ball.

Mark has terrific chemistry with Braylon. That is obvious to any of us who watched the Jets with BE on the squad the previous 2 years. By bringing back BE and getting another wr in the draft, the Jets can significantly upgrade the position with youth and speed -- something we need badly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4383000]Why on Moss? We tried that with Plax. If Moss comes here and doesn't get his way, he bomes an instant locker room cancer--something we don't need. We know what BE is to our offense and team. IMO, that it a no brainer. Let's surround Mark with the a player he knows well and has helped him progress/develop. Not a possible cancer like Moss that will hinder his growth.

P.S. Let's think long term. Moss is a short term remedy at best[/QUOTE]

Yes of course he is a short term remedy. Unless the jets draft one of the top two WR's they are going to have some kind of short term remedy. Unilke plax, moss can extend the field and that is what the team needs. 'Tone' is 10 times the cancer that any one else is.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id be happy with Edwards,Kerley and Moss......its gonna take alot for me to accept Santonio Holmes after the shenenigans he pulled.