Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Randy Moss to Meet Unnamed Team (RotoWorld Suspects Jets)

I'd rather sign Braylon than Moss. If Braylon is healthy, of course.

[QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;4383312]I'd rather sign Braylon than Moss. If Braylon is healthy, of course.[/QUOTE]

that's also assuming braylon wants to come back to NYJ. gotta explore all your options just in case

[QUOTE=cant wait;4383331][b]that's also assuming braylon wants to come back to NYJ.[/b] gotta explore all your options just in case[/QUOTE]

You want me to bring his tweet back up where he basically says he'd welcome a return so long as the JETS want him? :rolleyes:

Here :

[quote]Nick Dombkowski ‏ @Bricktime
    @OfficialBraylon we need you back in the Green and White, would u wanna return?

[b]Braylon Edwards Braylon Edwards ‏ @OfficialBraylon[/b]
    @Bricktime the jets fans were great to me and I enjoyed playing on Sunday's. Don't agree with how they pursued me in 2011 but i just might

3:22 PM - 24 Jan 12 via Twitter for iPhone[/quote]
    Last edited by Vin; 03-03-2012 at 11:06 PM.

[QUOTE=Vin;4383339]You want me to bring his tweet back up where he basically says he'd welcome a return so long as the JETS want him? :rolleyes:

Here :[/QUOTE]

No offense Vin, I want Braylon back too, but absolutely nowhere in that quote you posted does he say "I will welcome a return to the Jets as long as they want me". He says "I just might"; who knows what that means. FWIW, I tweeted Braylon that we all wanted him back and many of us, me included, would probably like to touch his used Under Armour. He never tweeted me back. Does that mean he's coming or no? "I just might".

[QUOTE=Astoria;4383365]No offense Vin, I want Braylon back too, but absolutely nowhere in that quote you posted does he say "I will welcome a return to the Jets as long as they want me". He says "I just might"; who knows what that means. FWIW, I tweeted Braylon that we all wanted him back and many of us, me included, would probably like to touch his used Under Armour. He never tweeted me back. Does that mean he's coming or no? "I just might".[/QUOTE]

If you seriously tweeted THAT to him, how the hell would you expect him to respond?? :D :D :D

Look, I understand what you're saying but I'm replying to the poster who thinks that Braylon won't even WANT to return to the Jets. I'm just posting his tweet to show that he actually does, thus refuting his assumption.

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4383000]Why on Moss? We tried that with Plax. If Moss comes here and doesn't get his way, he bomes an instant locker room cancer--something we don't need. We know what BE is to our offense and team. IMO, that it a no brainer. Let's surround Mark with the a player he knows well and has helped him progress/develop. Not a possible cancer like Moss that will hinder his growth.

P.S. Let's think long term. Moss is a short term remedy at best[/QUOTE]

+1 on this the upside of these WRs like BE, Moss, TO, and Ward just isn't enough to warrant a roster spot. The longer you put off finding a long term solution the longer it will take you struggling QB to mesh with them. WR is not a hard position to fill. Sanchez needs a young healthy group of WRs he can grow with not someone to make him look better for 1 or 2 more years. Look for the skills you want in your #2 and find a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round that fits that roll. It is truly that easy.

WR is the one position you can really look at and see just as many mid to late round guy succeed simply because they fit the O of the team that drafted them. Continuing to add free agent WRs is just a waste IMO. Just look at your top ten passing teams with the exception of NE all of them build their WR core though the draft. Washington and Tenn being the only other teams in the top 16. That tells you all you really need to know. IMO Heck very few teams in the league even have FA starters. The ones that did us, Balt, Miami, Seattle, Chicago, Washington, KC, Tenn, and NE. How many rookies looked good last year 7-8? Just draft two your bound to get at least 1 turn out good. I just don't get why this team is so afraid to draft a WR.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Hey if you get him for cheap why not...BE is a possibility also but i wouldnt be opposed to this just as long he plays through the year with a good attitude thats the most important

Just bring in Edwards, godammit.

[QUOTE=Dreamers;4383373]+1 on this the upside of these WRs like BE, Moss, TO, and Ward just isn't enough to warrant a roster spot. The longer you put off finding a long term solution the longer it will take you struggling QB to mesh with them. WR is not a hard position to fill. Sanchez needs a young healthy group of WRs he can grow with not someone to make him look better for 1 or 2 more years. Look for the skills you want in your #2 and find a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round that fits that roll. It is truly that easy.[/quote]

Signing BE is not going to prohibit the Jets from "finding a long term solution" at WR. You're grasping at straws once again....

[quote]WR is the one position you can really look at and see just as many mid to late round guy succeed simply because they fit the O of the team that drafted them.[/quote]

Yes. Which is why I repeat that Signing BE isn't going to prohibit the Jets from getting that WR that would be there with the Jets in the long-run.

[quote] Continuing to add free agent WRs is just a waste IMO. Just look at your top ten passing teams with the exception of NE all of them build their WR core though the draft. Washington and Tenn being the only other teams in the top 16. That tells you all you really need to know. IMO Heck very few teams in the league even have FA starters. The ones that did us, Balt, Miami, Seattle, Chicago, Washington, KC, Tenn, and NE. How many rookies looked good last year 7-8? Just draft two your bound to get at least 1 turn out good. I just don't get why this team is so afraid to draft a WR.[/QUOTE]

They're not afraid of drafting a WR. They just prefer to shore up the O-line and D-line areas FIRST. And besides, if(like you stated) there could be many mid to late-round WR's to choose from, there won't be a problem.

Besides, Drafted WR's usually pan out in about 2-3 years anyway....

What Mark needs now(in the biggest Season of his Jets career) is continuuity, explosiveness, size, experience, and(most importantly) chemistry from his Wide-outs. Signing BE would at least give him one Wide-out where Chemistry isn't an issue. ;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4382683]Plaxico Burress part II .................just sign Braylon Edwards already DAMMIT.[/QUOTE]

Except if if Moss lost a step he still faster than 90% receivers in the nfl.. Now with that being said sign Braylon.. If moss is willing to take a incentive contract sign him too..

Pipe dream maybe but a receiving core of Moss,Braylon,Holmes would. Be a very explosive Group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

[QUOTE=Scoop24;4383392]Except if if Moss lost a step he still faster than 90% receivers in the nfl.. Now with that being said sign Braylon.. If moss is willing to take a incentive contract sign him too..

Pipe dream maybe but a receiving core of Moss,Braylon,Holmes would. Be a very explosive Group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE]

So now Tapatalk has HD? Go figure. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Ron Swanson;4382684]everyone suggests we are always in on everyone...wait for a concrete source before losing your ****...[/QUOTE]

That's because we sign everyone else's has-beens :(

[QUOTE=el_dub80;4383432]That's because we sign everyone else's has-beens :([/QUOTE]

While everyone else turns our castoffs into productive players ...

just what the jets need. another slow,old, washed up WR.

All League
    They also have sources saying namath is coming out of retirement and will be named the jets starting qb

[QUOTE=JerseyJet80;4383469]They also have sources saying namath is coming out of retirement and will be named the jets starting qb[/QUOTE]

Don't even joke about that. You'll get the long-time Vets here all-excited and stuff. :D

[QUOTE=Vin;4383382]Signing BE is not going to prohibit the Jets from "finding a long term solution" at WR. You're grasping at straws once again....

Yes. Which is why I repeat that Signing BE isn't going to prohibit the Jets from getting that WR that would be there with the Jets in the long-run.

They're not afraid of drafting a WR. They just prefer to shore up the O-line and D-line areas FIRST. And besides, if(like you stated) there could be many mid to late-round WR's to choose from, there won't be a problem.

Besides, Drafted WR's usually pan out in about 2-3 years anyway....

What Mark needs now(in the biggest Season of his Jets career) is continuuity, explosiveness, size, experience, and(most importantly) chemistry from his Wide-outs. Signing BE would at least give him one Wide-out where Chemistry isn't an issue. ;)[/QUOTE]

none of that means that BE fits this teams needs at all. it is not grasping at anything it is truth. a rookie can give what he can. there is really no upside. you can say he is cheap but so is a rook. you can say he has an upside of 700 yards so can a rook. WRs do not take 2-3 years to put up #s. How many WRs up up 700+ yards this year and how many looked even better when given the shot? It is all about getting the starts WRs dont need years to learn the game. I reject that reasoning. Signing any average to below average vet at WR is a waste of a roster spot period. All you BE supports have yet to come up with a viable reason why bringing him back is a better idea then just drafting a new WRs. He is not a stud WR and barely starter quality if at all. He is a viable #3. We can get that easy in the draft. There is really no need to wast the roster spot period. It is Mason and Plax all over again. WR is a young mans game go young or go home. Stop with the patch fixes they don't help. If Sanchez can't find Chemistry with anther WR I don't want him. That is not a reason to bring him back.

For what is is worth I still love Moss but given his history I wouldn't expect him to try hard like TO did at the end of his career. Where as I do feel he is a better player still then most of the FAs this year. I just can't see where he'd be worth the risk for most teams. Maybe if your GB, NOs, Pitts, or NE but I don't see that happening. Moss is likely not going to be resigned by anyone he has just burned too many bridges IMO.

[QUOTE=Dreamers;4383489] I reject that reasoning. [/QUOTE]

You reject ANY reasoning when it comes to Braylon Edwards coming back. :zzz:

Give it a rest already....

[QUOTE=Vin;4383501]You reject ANY reasoning when it comes to Braylon Edwards coming back. :zzz:

Give it a rest already....[/QUOTE]

The minute any of you come up with a real reason he is worth a roster spot other then you like him OK. Until then No because it is a bad move for this club. Or any other aging average to below average WR.