Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets interseted in Jason Campbell

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets interseted in Jason Campbell

Per NFL netwok. I for 1 say PASS! You can do MUCH better than this guy for a back up

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gibby;4383857]Per NFL netwok. [B]I for 1 say PASS! You can do MUCH better than this guy for a back up[/B][/QUOTE]

Every back-up QB the Jets want, gets the same reaction.:huh:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go for it, he won't cost too much. It's either him or Henne!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Much rather have Campbell....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's perfect.

Good enough to push Mark but not good enough to win.

Henne would have too much an advantage coming in knowing the system.

Let's be real, we dont want our back up qb to beat Mark out - Mark works out or this franchise is screwed. Campbell would be a great addition.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gibby;4383857]Per NFL netwok. I for 1 say PASS! You can do MUCH better than this guy for a back up[/QUOTE]

seriously?

this guy has been a starter for a while in this league, and was having a pretty nice year last year before getting hurt.

IMO, he should be the #1 target.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4383859]Every back-up QB the Jets want, gets the same reaction.:huh:[/QUOTE]

Please don't speak for me. I think Henne already being in Sparano's system would work out just fine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4383859]Every back-up QB the Jets want, gets the same reaction.:huh:[/QUOTE]

Agreed and LOL at Jets fans wanting Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady as their backup. You guys see some of the backup QBs in the league last year? Mark Brunell? Caleb Hannie? David Carr? Tyler Thigpen? Senecca Wallace? Tyler Palko etc..

Jason Campbell and Chad Henne would each be one of the leagues' best backup QBS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4383863]Much rather have Campbell....[/QUOTE]

+1

Besides, I read somewhere (if I recall correctly, PFT.com) that Henne will comman $4/5 mil/yr. If that's what he wants, pass. He's crazy. No way is he getting that kind of money.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4383869]seriously?

this guy has been a starter for a while in this league, and was having a pretty nice year last year before getting hurt.

IMO, he should be the #1 target.[/QUOTE]

Just my opinion. Yes he has started many games and lost many. Never been to the playoffs, at least not that I can remember.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4383871]Agreed and LOL at Jets fans wanting Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady as their backup. You guys see some of the backup QBs in the league last year? Mark Brunell? Caleb Hannie? David Carr? Tyler Thigpen? Senecca Wallace? Tyler Palko etc..

Jason Campbell and Chad Henne would each be one of the leagues' best backup QBS.[/QUOTE]

+1

Any QB that is significantly better than Campbell would be a starter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A.B.B

Anyone but Brunell.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gibby;4383857]Per NFL netwok. I for 1 say PASS! [B]You can do MUCH better than this guy for a back up[/B][/QUOTE]

Please name them

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4383872]+1

Besides, I read somewhere (if I recall correctly, PFT.com) that Henne will comman $4/5 mil/yr. If that's what he wants, pass. He's crazy. No way is he getting that kind of money.[/QUOTE]

+1...Would not give Henne anywhere close to that money......At least Campbell throws more TDS than INT every season he has played and in my view was decent for Oakland....

Henne on the other has never thrown for more TDS than INT in a season...Took over a team that was 11-5 and AFC east champs and went 13-18 as a starter....

1-8 in his last 9 starts......0-4 record this year while Matt Moore went 6-6...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if there was ever a true open QB competition Campbell would have a very legitimate chance of winning it. He is very talented. I don't think he has ever been in the same system two years in a row. I like that he is a tall and athletic pocket passer who can move if he needs to.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4383881]I think if there was ever a true open QB competition Campbell would have a very legitimate chance of winning it. He is very talented. I don't think he has ever been in the same system two years in a row. I like that he is a tall and athletic pocket passer who can move if he needs to.[/QUOTE]

The NYJETS will not sign Campbell and have the highest paid backup in the NFL.......................Mark Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4383878]Please name them[/QUOTE]

Don't need more than one. Chad Henne. He knows the system and is better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4383882]The NYJETS will not sign Campbell and have the highest paid backup in the NFL.......................Mark Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Which is why they probably wont sign him or wont have an open camp. Even if they didn't have an "open camp" I think that there would be some people in the media more than willing to point out that Campbell outplayed Mark, if that was the case.

I dont see the Jets signing him for that reason. He might be better than Sanchez, but he is not good enough to justify cutting Sanchez.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The definition of a game manager. Campbell doesn't turn the ball over much which a great addition. He's not better than Sanchez though. Sanchez wins games, comebacks, big games. Sanchez is the better starter.