Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 133

Thread: Jets interseted in Jason Campbell

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,099

    Jets interseted in Jason Campbell

    Per NFL netwok. I for 1 say PASS! You can do MUCH better than this guy for a back up

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Per NFL netwok. I for 1 say PASS! You can do MUCH better than this guy for a back up
    Every back-up QB the Jets want, gets the same reaction.

  3. #3
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    290
    Go for it, he won't cost too much. It's either him or Henne!

  4. #4
    Much rather have Campbell....

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,843
    He's perfect.

    Good enough to push Mark but not good enough to win.

    Henne would have too much an advantage coming in knowing the system.

    Let's be real, we dont want our back up qb to beat Mark out - Mark works out or this franchise is screwed. Campbell would be a great addition.

  6. #6
    I'm in...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Per NFL netwok. I for 1 say PASS! You can do MUCH better than this guy for a back up
    seriously?

    this guy has been a starter for a while in this league, and was having a pretty nice year last year before getting hurt.

    IMO, he should be the #1 target.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Every back-up QB the Jets want, gets the same reaction.
    Please don't speak for me. I think Henne already being in Sparano's system would work out just fine.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,594
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Every back-up QB the Jets want, gets the same reaction.
    Agreed and LOL at Jets fans wanting Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady as their backup. You guys see some of the backup QBs in the league last year? Mark Brunell? Caleb Hannie? David Carr? Tyler Thigpen? Senecca Wallace? Tyler Palko etc..

    Jason Campbell and Chad Henne would each be one of the leagues' best backup QBS.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    Much rather have Campbell....
    +1

    Besides, I read somewhere (if I recall correctly, PFT.com) that Henne will comman $4/5 mil/yr. If that's what he wants, pass. He's crazy. No way is he getting that kind of money.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    seriously?

    this guy has been a starter for a while in this league, and was having a pretty nice year last year before getting hurt.

    IMO, he should be the #1 target.
    Just my opinion. Yes he has started many games and lost many. Never been to the playoffs, at least not that I can remember.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,716
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Agreed and LOL at Jets fans wanting Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady as their backup. You guys see some of the backup QBs in the league last year? Mark Brunell? Caleb Hannie? David Carr? Tyler Thigpen? Senecca Wallace? Tyler Palko etc..

    Jason Campbell and Chad Henne would each be one of the leagues' best backup QBS.
    +1


    Any QB that is significantly better than Campbell would be a starter.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,106
    A.B.B

    Anyone but Brunell.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Per NFL netwok. I for 1 say PASS! You can do MUCH better than this guy for a back up
    Please name them

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    +1

    Besides, I read somewhere (if I recall correctly, PFT.com) that Henne will comman $4/5 mil/yr. If that's what he wants, pass. He's crazy. No way is he getting that kind of money.


    +1...Would not give Henne anywhere close to that money......At least Campbell throws more TDS than INT every season he has played and in my view was decent for Oakland....

    Henne on the other has never thrown for more TDS than INT in a season...Took over a team that was 11-5 and AFC east champs and went 13-18 as a starter....

    1-8 in his last 9 starts......0-4 record this year while Matt Moore went 6-6...

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,207
    I think if there was ever a true open QB competition Campbell would have a very legitimate chance of winning it. He is very talented. I don't think he has ever been in the same system two years in a row. I like that he is a tall and athletic pocket passer who can move if he needs to.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,656
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think if there was ever a true open QB competition Campbell would have a very legitimate chance of winning it. He is very talented. I don't think he has ever been in the same system two years in a row. I like that he is a tall and athletic pocket passer who can move if he needs to.
    The NYJETS will not sign Campbell and have the highest paid backup in the NFL.......................Mark Sanchez.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Please name them
    Don't need more than one. Chad Henne. He knows the system and is better.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,207
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    The NYJETS will not sign Campbell and have the highest paid backup in the NFL.......................Mark Sanchez.
    Which is why they probably wont sign him or wont have an open camp. Even if they didn't have an "open camp" I think that there would be some people in the media more than willing to point out that Campbell outplayed Mark, if that was the case.

    I dont see the Jets signing him for that reason. He might be better than Sanchez, but he is not good enough to justify cutting Sanchez.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    The definition of a game manager. Campbell doesn't turn the ball over much which a great addition. He's not better than Sanchez though. Sanchez wins games, comebacks, big games. Sanchez is the better starter.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us