Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets interseted in Jason Campbell

[QUOTE=Gibby;4383857]Per NFL netwok. I for 1 say PASS! You can do MUCH better than this guy for a back up[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gibby;4383884]Don't need more than one. Chad Henne. He knows the system and is better.[/QUOTE]

So now it's he is better than Campbell instead of MUCH better...

Better is extremely debatable..MUCH better is laughable.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4383881]I think if there was ever a true open QB competition Campbell would have a very legitimate chance of winning it. He is very talented. I don't think he has ever been in the same system two years in a row. I like that he is a tall and athletic pocket passer who can move if he needs to.[/QUOTE]

I know he had a different OC every year the 4 years he was with the Redskins.....He does not seem to INT prone either his career INT% is 2.3%

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4383882]The NYJETS will not sign Campbell and have the highest paid backup in the NFL.......................Mark Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Sadly you may be right. If Sanchez can't beat out a guy like Campbell in camp I just wouldn't want him at this point. Campbell would be a very good BU and certainly give Mark a run for his money. I like the idea because lets face it giving Brunell 1st teams snaps to "inspire" Mark was laughable at best. I think Campbell ends up as a starter somewhere else though. Him and Flynn will likely be the 2 most expensive options. I could see Campbell ending up in Seattle, Jax, Minni, or Miami before here. Unless he is willing to take a lot less.

[QUOTE=C Mart;4383892]So now it's he is better than Campbell instead of MUCH better...

Better is extremely debatable..MUCH better is laughable.[/QUOTE]

+1.....If never throwing more TDS than INT in a season and having 31 career TDS to 37 INT (Henne) compared to never having thrown more INT than TDS in a season and having 74 TDS and 50 INT in his career Campbell) is better.....Then yes Henne is much better...:rolleyes:
    Last edited by jetsmetsrangers; 03-04-2012 at 08:01 PM.

[QUOTE=C Mart;4383892]So now it's he is better than Campbell instead of MUCH better...

Better is extremely debatable..MUCH better is laughable.[/QUOTE]

ok much was over stating it.

Kinda like the time YOU acted like Trevor Pryce was GREAT, when in fact by the time the Jets got him you have in fact lined up a cardboard cut out of him and nobody would have even noticed:funnyguy:

[QUOTE=Gibby;4383875]Just my opinion. Yes he has started many games and lost many. Never been to the playoffs, at least not that I can remember.[/QUOTE]

take a look at the teams he was on for starters...

and who cares? he is our backup to push sanchez and come in, in relief if needed...we aren't putting the franchise in his hands.

if we were talking about him as our outright starter I'd consider him a candidate anyway...but as a backup he should be the leading target.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4383882]The NYJETS will not sign Campbell and have the highest paid backup in the NFL.......................Mark Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so then sign Jason Campbell, cut Sanchez and then sign Mario Williams with the new cap room.

Upgrade at both QB and OLB.

[QUOTE=Gibby;4383908]ok much was over stating it.

Kinda like the time YOU acted like Trevor Pryce was GREAT, when in fact by the time the Jets got him you have in fact lined up a cardboard cut out of him and nobody would have even noticed:funnyguy:[/QUOTE]

in all fairness. trevor pryce was a tremendous contributor to our defense...

We want the best possible backup for the cheapest possible price. Some of these comments about wanting someone decent but not too good because it might threaten sanchez are bewildering.

Time for our 1st string Qb to earn his spot by play not because it is handed to him on a silver platter. If he is the type of guy we think and hope he is he will come out better than ever and there will be no question who the starter is.

If not, screw him. The best QB should be playing. This is year four no more rookie, sophomore, oc excuses. Play well and even if the team doesn't win big you have done your part.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4383923]We want the best possible backup for the cheapest possible price. Some of these comments about wanting someone decent but not too good because it might threaten sanchez are bewildering.

Time for our 1st string Qb to earn his spot by play not because it is handed to him on a silver platter. If he is the type of guy we think and hope he is he will come out better than ever and there will be no question who the starter is.

If not, screw him. The best QB should be playing. This is year four no more rookie, sophomore, oc excuses. Play well and even if the team doesn't win big you have done your part.[/QUOTE]

+1.....Agreed

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4383894]I know he had a different OC every year the 4 years he was with the Redskins.....He does not seem to INT prone either his career INT% is 2.3%[/QUOTE]

I like the kid. I first noticed him when he was in college and I thought he would make a decent pro. He has had a tough road thus far. Looked like he finally found the right situation last year but then he got hurt and the Raiders mortgaged the franchise for Palmer which basically put him on the curb again.

I think Jet fans would be pleasantly surprised with this kid. I think he would become popular very quickly. I just don't think it is realistic for the Jets to sign him b.c he would be a legitimate threat to Sanchez. I think they want a viable backup but do not want to end up with controversy on their hands if Sanchez faltered a little.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4383923]We want the best possible backup for the cheapest possible price. Some of these comments about wanting someone decent but not too good because it might threaten sanchez are bewildering.

If not, screw him. The best QB should be playing. This is year four no more rookie, sophomore, oc excuses. Play well and even if the team doesn't win big you have done your part.[/QUOTE]

I agree it is bewildering, but my point is that I think that is what the Jets are thinking. I dont agree with it but I think THEY fear it. I am speaking to what I think their POV is.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4383912]Ok, so then sign Jason Campbell, cut Sanchez and then sign Mario Williams with the new cap room.

Upgrade at both QB and OLB.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you are joking (cutting Sanchez), right?

[QUOTE=Gibby;4383908]ok much was over stating it.

Kinda like the time YOU acted like Trevor Pryce was GREAT, when in fact by the time the Jets got him you have in fact lined up a cardboard cut out of him and nobody would have even noticed:funnyguy:[/QUOTE]

? What are you referring to? And Pryce was far from a cardboard cut out..

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4383872]+1

Besides, I read somewhere (if I recall correctly, PFT.com) that Henne will comman $4/5 mil/yr. If that's what he wants, pass. He's crazy. No way is he getting that kind of money.[/QUOTE]

That's the going rate for a backup qb that's not on his last legs. 4- 5 million. You can go cheap on a backup ,and your left with a Mark Brunell. {has been- that's your choice) OR you can draft a young kid to be the backup. You want an experience backup that can push your starter it going to cost you that much.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-04-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Jason Campbell would be perfect. I believe he's not only good enough to play for the team. but good enough to come in and beat Sanchez in an open competition. Even if he does not win? He lights a fire under Sanchez's A$$ and gets him thinking.

Later on in the season, if Sanchez starts to show his old tendencies? We get to bench his A$$ once and for all and move on with Campbell. I would be ecstatic to see the Jets get Jason Campbell.

Jets Insider VIP
    How anyone could want chad henne on this team is beyond me. He is so bad, words cannot describe.

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4383859]Every back-up QB the Jets want, gets the same reaction.:huh:[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's amazing isn't it

If it isn't Peyton Manning, for our back-up, then that player is no good.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4383881]I think if there was ever a true open QB competition Campbell would have a very legitimate chance of winning it. He is very talented. I don't think he has ever been in the same system two years in a row. I like that he is a tall and athletic pocket passer who can move if he needs to.[/QUOTE]

JMO I think Jason Campbell fits a shottenheimer type of offense more than Sparano. What do i Mean. Jason Campbell might be the best screen passer in the game(great touch really excels at that short to intermediate game. Sparano wants to go down the field. Jason Campbell despite his strong arm is one of the worst deep passers around.(very inaccurate) Jason Campbell for that reason tends to throw the safe pass9check down) than take that shot down the field when that play might be open.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4383959]How anyone could want chad henne on this team is beyond me. He is so bad, words cannot describe.[/QUOTE]

That is because they have only seen him play against the Jets and he has had two of the best games of his career against the Jets.

Henne is Horennedous