Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: "IF" Game

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412

    "IF" Game

    Since we're about to go into free agency, and we have all these speculative threads and posts, let's make an "IF" game.

    Example:

    IF a healthy Manning is signed by the Jets, which of the following players is/are assured a Pro Bowl berth?

    Santonio Holmes
    Dustin Keller
    Jeremy Kerley
    Shonn Greene
    Patrick Turner

    When you answer, ask another "IF" question. Try and not ruin the thread and play along. This is better than bickering back and forth. In 2 weeks, we'll have our hearts broken, or worse - our hopes driven sky high with a big signing, so all this changed then.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,627
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Since we're about to go into free agency, and we have all these speculative threads and posts, let's make an "IF" game.

    Example:

    IF a healthy Manning is signed by the Jets, which of the following players is/are assured a Pro Bowl berth?

    Santonio Holmes
    Dustin Keller
    Jeremy Kerley
    Shonn Greene
    Patrick Turner

    When you answer, ask another "IF" question. Try and not ruin the thread and play along. This is better than bickering back and forth. In 2 weeks, we'll have our hearts broken, or worse - our hopes driven sky high with a big signing, so all this changed then.
    Why will our hearts be broken??

  3. #3
    Keller...

    Which brings me to mine...

    If the Jets trade Keller, who replaces him...

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    694
    Keller
    If Hunter gets Manning killed, will Sanchize attend the funeral?

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,577
    Holmes, he has more talent than Reggie Wayne

    If the jets cut Sanchez and the patriots sign him, does the Internet blow up?
    Last edited by bcess; 03-04-2012 at 09:30 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Since we're about to go into free agency, and we have all these speculative threads and posts, let's make an "IF" game.

    Example:

    IF a healthy Manning is signed by the Jets, which of the following players is/are assured a Pro Bowl berth?

    Santonio Holmes
    Dustin Keller
    Jeremy Kerley
    Shonn Greene
    Patrick Turner

    When you answer, ask another "IF" question. Try and not ruin the thread and play along. This is better than bickering back and forth. In 2 weeks, we'll have our hearts broken, or worse - our hopes driven sky high with a big signing, so all this changed then.
    Santonio Holmes and D Keller would be the two curremt jets to benefit the most. You would have to assume one of Peyton manning Wr that followed him would have a good chance too .(they know the offense and have chemistry with Peyton Manning.)

    Peyton manning not making S Greene, Pat Turner, or Kerley probowl players JMO. The other two you can believe would have a good chance.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-04-2012 at 09:26 PM.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,984
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Holmes, he has more talent than Reggie Wayne
    I disagree. Wayne had way more talent.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I disagree. Wayne had way more talent.
    Let Peyton throw to him for a few years and you might think differently

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Let Peyton throw to him for a few years and you might think differently
    "IF" the Jets sign Peyton, for how many years will he play as a New York Jet?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    "IF" the Jets sign Peyton, for how many years will he play as a New York Jet?
    He may not even get thru a full season. What a disaster this will be. The Jets just cannot be this stupid....please no.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    He may not even get thru a full season. What a disaster this will be. The Jets just cannot be this stupid....please no.
    "IF" the Jets sign Manning, will Hunter be the starter?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    "IF" the Jets sign Manning, will Hunter be the starter?
    Hunter will not start regardless of who the QB will be. He will be on the team but, as a reserve, not a starter.

  13. #13
    None

    Why?


    Peyton's not healthy.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    "IF" the Jets sign Manning, will Hunter be the starter?
    good question. I thought I read on this site that he Hunter is coming back? If so, I assume he will start.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,979
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Hunter will not start regardless of who the QB will be. He will be on the team but, as a reserve, not a starter.
    How so? You're not going to pay a guy $2.5 mil to play 30 running plays a year.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,299
    OMG, please stop it with the Manning threads. It should be clear to any Jets fan that has been following the entire NFL for a while that Peyton Manning is not coming to the Jets.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,970
    "If healthy"


    since he isn't healthy, not really worth discussing


    let one of the other 31 teams make the Favre mistake this time

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,440
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Since we're about to go into free agency, and we have all these speculative threads and posts, let's make an "IF" game.

    Example:

    IF a healthy Manning is signed by the Jets, which of the following players is/are assured a Pro Bowl berth?

    Santonio Holmes
    Dustin Keller
    Jeremy Kerley
    Shonn Greene
    Patrick Turner

    When you answer, ask another "IF" question. Try and not ruin the thread and play along. This is better than bickering back and forth. In 2 weeks, we'll have our hearts broken, or worse - our hopes driven sky high with a big signing, so all this changed then.
    I'm gonna go with Keller. He has the skill set to be Dallas Clark in that system.

    Will the Jets return to the playoffs next season if we don't upgrade the pass rush but upgrade at safety?

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    "If" another Peyton Manning thread is started, will it cause one of the faithful JI members to sit atop a tall building with a high powered rifle? If so who?

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,299
    If Peyton Manning retires, will sanity be restored?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us