Thread: WR Stevie Johnson Staying with Bills

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

WR Stevie Johnson Staying with Bills

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/ProFootballTalk"][B]ProFootballTalk[/B] ‏ @[B]ProFootballTalk[/B] [/URL]
    Per league source, Stevie Johnson deal is done. He'll stay with the Bills

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/buffalobills"][B]Buffalo Bills[/B] ‏ @[B]buffalobills[/B][/URL]
    The [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23Bills"]#[B]Bills[/B][/URL] will host a press conference this morning at 10 am in Orchard Park. Stay tuned to [URL="http://t.co/u2N84ddx"]buffalobills.com[/URL] for more information.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    good move by Buffalo. I'm surprised they dropped the $$. Question still is, how much $$ did they pay him?

This team is definitely on the rise.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty good price...

@AdamSchefter
    Stevie Johnson signed a five-year, $36.25 million deal that includes $19.5 million gtd and over $24 million in deal's first three years.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ozu;4384270]Pretty good price...

@AdamSchefter
    Stevie Johnson signed a five-year, $36.25 million deal that includes $19.5 million gtd and over $24 million in deal's first three years.[/QUOTE]

What Holmes' contract should look like.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4384297]What Holmes' contract should look like.[/QUOTE]

Stevie Johnson's contract is painful because it clearly demonstrates just how vastly overpaid Holmes is. At the same price, I'd take Johnson over Holmes in a heartbeat. Holmes being near double Johnson is just too painful too fathom.

Thanks Tanny. The Holmes contract will be remembered as one of your worst moves as GM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Good receiver but a total knucklehead.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4384303]Stevie Johnson's contract is painful because it clearly demonstrates just how vastly overpaid Holmes is. At the same price, I'd take Johnson over Holmes in a heartbeat. Holmes being near double Johnson is just too painful too fathom.

Thanks Tanny. The Holmes contract will be remembered as one of your worst moves as GM.[/QUOTE]

+1

Steve Johnson >>>>>> Santonio

Steve Johnson is bigger, stronger, more physical, faster than Holmes and while he has a rep for being a headcase I bet he isn't half the turd Santonio Holmes is in person.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]According to the Union-Tribune San Diego, "it is believed" that the Bills are interested in free agent Vincent Jackson even after Monday's re-signing of Stevie Johnson.
    The Bills appear to be going all-in on Ryan Fitzpatrick, intending to surround him with big-time playmakers and give him the best chance to succeed. The Bills have plenty of cap room for a run at Jackson despite the Johnson deal. Jackson's preference, of course, is to stay in San Diego. But the Bills, and likely the Bears, will push hard for V-Jax if he's still unsigned by March 13.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make me happy. Not one bit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4384336]+1

Steve Johnson >>>>>> Santonio

Steve Johnson is bigger, stronger, more physical, [B][I][COLOR="Red"]faster [/COLOR][/I][/B]than Holmes and while he has a rep for being a headcase I bet he isn't half the turd Santonio Holmes is in person.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not faster, but I agree with the rest :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;4385146]Definitely not faster, but I agree with the rest :yes:[/QUOTE]
    Can't argue with that

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4384303]Stevie Johnson's contract is painful because it clearly demonstrates just how vastly overpaid Holmes is. At the same price, I'd take Johnson over Holmes in a heartbeat. Holmes being near double Johnson is just too painful too fathom.

Thanks Tanny. The Holmes contract will be remembered as one of your worst moves as GM.[/QUOTE]

Another case of Rex stroking off his players until they get overpaid, with his constant blathering about "Tone time" and how "Santonio gets that look in his eye and he's the best 4th quarter receiver in the history of the game" blah blah blah.

There is really no reason for Holmes to be making that much more than Johnson, a player who has drastically outperformed him (minus a couple of painful drops) over the past two seasons.

This year it will be Rex talking about how Shonn Greene is a cross between a tank and a bowling ball with ginsu knives. I'm surprised he hasn't already told Pouha he never thought he'd see a NT that was a more dominant player than Kris Jenkins.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. Stevie Johnson is a side-show.

Bills fell in love with that one game he had against Revis which was complete smoke and mirrors. They overpaid big time.

Johnson will never do that to Revis again b.c Revis will not play off of him like that anymore.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    people need to stop, Stevie Johnson is not Calvin Johnson he's a #1 WR but don't forget all the big passes he's dropped including a big one against us this season. Do I agree that Holmes is overpaid? Yes, but until I see more he's a better, more reliable WR than Stevie Johnson at this point. I would love to see this board after Stevie's first big drop that costs us a game.