Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PFF's Jets Team Needs 2012

[QUOTE=ozu;4384509]Despite Hunter being terrible, Sanchez had a relatively low percentage of dropback being pressured, along with a very high percentage of actually being sacked. When he was pressured he was horribly inaccurate.

TA - Thrown Away
    HAT - Hit As Thrown

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/1ibuq1.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

what is the source for stats like these?

All League
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4384525]what is the source for stats like these?[/QUOTE] [url]https://www.profootballfocus.com[/url]

Subscription. Their rating system is of questionable use but their counting stats are pretty handy for stat nerds.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4384486]Diiiiccccckkkkk.

_[/QUOTE]

fixed.

Veteran
    Primary need QB and no mention of a need at safety, when everyone else says we need two? :eek:

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4384496]Sacked
    [B]1. Alex Smith ∑ SFO 44[/B]
    2. Tarvaris Jackson ∑ SEA 42
    3. Blaine Gabbert ∑ JAX 40
    [B]Ben Roethlisberger* ∑ PIT 40[/B]
    5. Mark Sanchez ∑ NYJ 39
    6. Sam Bradford ∑ STL 36
    Matt Moore ∑ MIA 36
    [B]Aaron Rodgers*+ ∑ GNB 36[/B]
    [B]Tony Romo ∑ DAL 36
    Matthew Stafford ∑ DET 36[/B]

They did OK. I dunno, the MVP had 3 fewer sacks than Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

we dont have one explosive playmaker like the aforementioned QBs
    also I would also state they had better oline play than us

tell me you wouldnt swap out any of our skill players for theirs...
    davis or witten > Keller
    what WR you wouldnt take over holmes?

cmon...its not even a good comparison

Smith has Davis

Big ben has wallace

Rodgers = hes jus unbelievable

romo - witten / austin / bryant

stafford - megatron

[QUOTE=TheOne;4384630]we dont have one explosive playmaker like the aforementioned QBs
    also I would also state they had better oline play than us

tell me you wouldnt swap out any of our skill players for theirs...
    davis or witten > Keller
    what WR you wouldnt take over holmes?

cmon...its not even a good comparison

Smith has Davis

Big ben has wallace

Rodgers = hes jus unbelievable

romo - witten / austin / bryant

stafford - megatron[/QUOTE]

I was just posting basic sack stats... ozu has put up a more detailed chart of QB pressures and their subsequent performance... take it for what you will.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Receiver is either #1 or #2 need (debatable between that OLB), Santonio, Kerley and Patrick Turner - that is scary bad. Besides, Rex is going to going to have the defense at a high level, we know that, the offense needs major help.

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4384637]I was just posting basic sack stats... ozu has put up a more detailed chart of QB pressures and their subsequent performance... take it for what you will.[/QUOTE]

understood
    wasnt necessarily directed at you

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4384645]Receiver is either #1 or #2 need (debatable between that OLB), Santonio, Kerley and Patrick Turner - that is scary bad. Besides, Rex is going to going to have the defense at a high level, we know that, the offense needs major help.[/QUOTE]

The only way the defense gets better is if the offense gets better. Too many 3 and outs and lack of time of possession wore the defense down last year. It seemed like they were always on the field. Cant win games like that.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4384645]Receiver is either #1 or #2 need (debatable between that OLB), Santonio, Kerley and Patrick Turner - that is scary bad. Besides, Rex is going to going to have the defense at a high level, we know that, the offense needs major help.[/QUOTE]

so is offense going to be our no 1 pick. I was against this but more I think about it I would love trich or maybe Michael Floyd with 16 pick.

Primary Need as QB???? I'm not gonna bother finishing reading the rest of that.

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4384424]If this Collins guy is good, I'd be down to sign him. We need to upgrade at RT, I really hope the Jets aren't serious about Hunter and Ducasse being the guys next yaer.[/QUOTE]
    Jets need to check this dude out and see what he has to offer. Can't be any worse than Hunter, surely.

Dead on. It's funny how so many people say "receivers are a dime a dozen" and the Jets shouldn't spend a high pick on a receiver, but then when stats like this are thrown out, people say, "but look who Sanchez has to throw to!"

Michael Floyd @ 16, please. A guy who is eternally open within 10 yards. He's open before the ball is snapped. Add Kerley in the slot, and the Jets will pick up every single 3rd & 5 they face in 2011.

Maybe some slight exaggerations in there, but you get the point. Floyd at 16!

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4384645]Receiver is either #1 or #2 need (debatable between that OLB), Santonio, Kerley and Patrick Turner - that is scary bad. Besides, [B]Rex is going to going to have the defense at a high level[/B], we know that, the offense needs major help.[/QUOTE]

We dont know that.
    You need talent to play at a high level and we are seriously lacking talent on D, especially at OLB, S, and ILB (only Harris is a player)