Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anybody heard from Mark Sanchez?

[QUOTE=sg3;4385337]and maybe it won't[/QUOTE]

Fair point and valid. personally, I believe we will be here next year bemoaning why the Jets didn't send Santonio packing after the 2011 season. Or not :D (although I think we will.)

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4385351]They have to use Holmes correctly. If that is possible IDK, [B]and that makes me nervous.[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm scared out of my mind at the prospect. Once a recidivist...

[QUOTE=Laxman;4385383]I[B] don't know how you can call Cimini's article a "fluff piece"..... that's not the tone I got, at all[/B]. If you've ever read a Cimini article, before, you know he doesn't do "fluff pieces" on the Jets. He's a tabloid journalist, at best, and an instigator all the time.
    That aside, you lend no credence to a "fluff piece".... but an article saying MS is lazy, from unnamed player, is totally legit? He's a hard worker, smart enough to be an NFL QB, and can make all the throws. He's done it before...... he will do it again. The Jets HAVE their franchise quarterback........ and it's not McElroy.[/QUOTE]

You're right. I should have been clearer. I was outlining the PR fluff material which is soon on its way.

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4385435]borgo ... the article begins with this:

... the PR from cimini is anti sanchez ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

Also correct. See posting above, l_j_r.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4385452][B]Borg is not suggesting that Sanchez is lazy or not smart. He's saying that this piece is relatively worthless, at least from a perspective of a fan wanting this team to get better. [/B]

I think most fans will admit that Sanchez is a hard worker and a genuinely strong comeptitor as well as an overall good guy. But, its all well and good to hear about guys working out in off season and watching tape - it seems like that's the standard off season story every year. But, what really matters is how he improves on the field because he's going into year 4 and he hasn't become the guy we thought/hoped he'd be.

This piece follows a standard format that you see every off season - a little background as to what he's doing (Vegas, Carribean, Knicks, etc.), he's focusing and not giving interviews, and then interview the guys around him to tell what CRAZY workouts he's involved in. Two years ago it was LDT and his insane workouts, last year it was guys working out in Sal Alosi's garage.

I don't think any less of Sanchez based on this article, but I'm not particularly impressed with anything he's doing. Everyone works out in the offseason. When I see the game slow down for him and see him making the right decisions quickly, I'll be impressed. Ergo, this piece is fluff or meaningless.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, crash.

Banned
    Damn it, Borgo. You're turning into Warfist.....

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4385527]Damn it, Borgo. You're turning into Warfist.....[/QUOTE]

LOL. Just expressing my opinion.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4385527]Damn it, Borgo. You're turning into Warfist.....[/QUOTE]

a living god should try to answer his fans. :D Why do you have to stir the pot, braumeister?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

This is one of the reasons the Jets drafted Sanchez - he's a football junkie, eats, sleeps, breathes football.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4385544]LOL. Just expressing my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Just don't start posting in the Politics Forum. Please.

Banned
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4385547]a living god should try to answer his fans. :D Why do you have to stir the pot, braumeister?[/QUOTE]

You tell me, bhikkhu. ;)

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4385547]a living god should try to answer his fans. :D Why do you have to stir the pot, braumeister?[/QUOTE]

LOL. Living idiot, more like it.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4385567]This is one of the reasons the Jets drafted Sanchez - he's a football junkie, eats, sleeps, breathes football.[/QUOTE]

So do all of us. But we're not paid $25 million and throw pick 6s like they're a good thing. "Football junkie" must translate into wins on the field or it's worthless.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4385569]Just don't start posting in the Politics Forum. Please.[/QUOTE]

Yes, sensei.
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 03-06-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Typos

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4385567]This is one of the reasons the Jets drafted Sanchez - he's a football junkie, eats, sleeps, breathes football.[/QUOTE]

JMO - I'm just going to assume that anyone who is considered a top rated QB prospect is a football junkie. If he's not, he shouldn't be drafted that high and shame on the scouting department of whatever team that takes him for not ferreting him out.

In today's NFL, its pretty much a prequisite. I'd say 90% of successful players have a significant off season regiment. And practically all QBs are doing some type of film watching prep.

I'm glad he's doing it, for sure, but its not overly impressive to me. More like "meets expectations". Between January and OTAs and then TC, there's a TON of time to work in Vegas, Caribbean AND a lot of film study and exercising.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4385475]About 62% (or more).[/QUOTE]

Josh Freeman completed 62%. He also threw 4 more INT's and 10 less TD's. If Sanchez had 62% with the number of TD's/INT's he had he'd be a top 6 QB. I think that's a little unreasonable to expect from a 3rd year QB. He was a mediocre QB last year. I think that's a reasonable expectation of progress from a kid his age in his 3rd year. Yes I'd love it if he played better, but alot of people have written him completely off at terrible and it's honestly absurd. I expect alot from him this year being healthy with a new offense and a full offseason program.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4385633]JMO - I'm just going to assume that anyone who is considered a top rated QB prospect is a football junkie. If he's not, he shouldn't be drafted that high and shame on the scouting department of whatever team that takes him for not ferreting him out.

In today's NFL, its pretty much a prequisite. I'd say 90% of successful players have a significant off season regiment. And practically all QBs are doing some type of film watching prep.

I'm glad he's doing it, for sure, but its not overly impressive to me. More like "meets expectations". Between January and OTAs and then TC, there's a TON of time to work in Vegas, Caribbean AND a lot of film study and exercising.[/QUOTE]

I think Buzz's point was--maybe he's not the sulking coddled lazy no-leader non-studying not-caring non-working loafer some have made him out to be.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Snell41;4385635]Josh Freeman completed 62%. He also threw 4 more INT's and 10 less TD's. If Sanchez had 62% with the number of TD's/INT's he had he'd be a top 6 QB. I think that's a little unreasonable to expect from a 3rd year QB. He was a mediocre QB last year. I think that's a reasonable expectation of progress from a kid his age in his 3rd year. Yes I'd love it if he played better, but alot of people have written him completely off at terrible and it's honestly absurd. I expect alot from him this year being healthy with a new offense and a full offseason program.[/QUOTE]

This.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4385636]I think Buzz's point was--maybe he's not the [B]sulking[/B] [B]coddled[/B] lazy no-leader non-studying not-caring non-working loafer some have made him out to be.

_[/QUOTE]

Agree with you except for the two words I've bolded. We've seen him sulk repeatedly on the sidelines when things go wrong. And, there's no question Rex, Tanny and Woody have coddled Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4385644]Agree with you except for the two words I've bolded. We've seen him sulk repeatedly on the sidelines when things go wrong. And, there's no question Rex, Tanny and Woody have coddled Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Meh.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    don't anybody here mess with sourceworx

without his guidance and leadership, son of marty would still probably be HERE and not off ruining Sam Bradford's nearly already ruined "career"
    Last edited by sg3; 03-06-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=sg3;4385715]don't anybody here mess with sourcewoxx

without his guidance and leadership, son of marty would still probably be HERE and not off ruining Sam Bradford's nearly already ruined "career"[/QUOTE]

huzzah to sourceworx!

Sam Bradford is going to benefit from Schotty's arrival. Schotty's teams can run the rock. The terms you will hear in the NFL media:

"Bradford has gotten his poise back"

"Rams rely less on Bradford; his numbers improve"

"Sam Bradford: Smartest QB in NFC?"

"Sky's The Limit for Bradford"

It will be a max protect year in St Louis; as both Schotty and Fisher are now retreads. :yes:

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4385577]You tell me, bhikkhu. ;)[/QUOTE]

Beer is the Way. :yes::D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=JStokes;4385636]I think Buzz's point was--maybe he's not the sulking coddled lazy no-leader non-studying not-caring non-working loafer some have made him out to be.

_[/QUOTE]

Do you think he hasn't been somewhat coddled? Hardly a terrible thing, but I think its fairly clear that he was.

The rest of the above is nonsense that I don't think most people believe. Sanchez's work ethic is perfectly fine. I'm not sure anything in this article proves anything one way or another. Its great that he's prepping for the upcoming season during the offseason - so is every other QB in the league.

Certainly not a criticism of Sanchez - just that its par for the course.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Snell41;4385635]Josh Freeman completed 62%. He also threw 4 more INT's and 10 less TD's. If Sanchez had 62% with the number of TD's/INT's he had he'd be a top 6 QB. I think that's a little unreasonable to expect from a 3rd year QB. He was a mediocre QB last year. I think that's a reasonable expectation of progress from a kid his age in his 3rd year. Yes I'd love it if he played better, but alot of people have written him completely off at terrible and it's honestly absurd. I expect alot from him this year being healthy with a new offense and a full offseason program.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I'm not so sure I agree. I'm not suggesting he should be a top 5 QB just yet, but I expected a bit more last year and certainly more in the upcoming year. I certainly haven't written him off, but a lot of what we saw last year was disappointing in that he still looked like a deer in the headlights too often. I will also concede that we saw periods of very goodness (not quite greatness, but close) that gives us hope that he can develop into the QB that we thought/hoped we were getting. But, looking at 2011 as a whole, it was somewhat disappointing. I'm not blaming the whole season on him - it was a collective failure, but he didn't really do his part either.

What do I expect of him in 2012? A QB who is legitimately in the discussion of being a Top 10 QB in the league based on his entire body of work - not just his stats.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4385816]Do you think he hasn't been somewhat [B]coddled[/B]? Hardly a terrible thing, but I think its fairly clear that he was.

[/QUOTE]

IMHO it's too perjorative a word for how they've handled him.

Semantics.

The "somehwat" makes it better :O

_