Thread: Vilma offered $10K for hit on Favre

Undrafted Free Agent

Vilma offered $10K for hit on Favre

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827638bb/article/favre-happy-the-truth-comes-out-on-saints-practices?module=HP11_content_stream[/url]

I didn't think Vilma was as nasty when he was with the Jets.

Someone just doesn't become nasty... THey are always that way. Vilma was a winner and knew what it would take to win. And beating up Favre was the way to win.

He just didn't fit that New England style 3-4 in a major way... He was as bad as it gets at taking on blocks and anchoring in any way.

[QUOTE=littleeddiebell;4385316][url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827638bb/article/favre-happy-the-truth-comes-out-on-saints-practices?module=HP11_content_stream[/url]

I didn't think Vilma was as nasty when he was with the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Look for J Vilma to get a couple game suspension if thats the case. It was reported that players that took place in the bounty will be subject to suspensions and fines.

Hall Of Fame
    Vilma did not fit in the Mangini defense. He wouldn't fit in Rex's either. He would get engulfed by offensive linemen.

The Saints defense is perfect for him because he can just run and make tackles. Less responsibility.

Good player, but I am grateful that Harris came along.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4385352]Vilma did not fit in the Mangini defense. He wouldn't fit in Rex's either. He would get engulfed by offensive linemen.

The Saints defense is perfect for him because he can just run and make tackles. Less responsibility.

Good player, but I am grateful that Harris came along.[/QUOTE]

Rex figured out a way to get good production out of Aaron Maybin, I'm sure he'd figure out a good way to use Vilma. Unlike Mangini, he can think for himself instead of just using someone else's defense.

If the allegations are true, Vilma should get a one year suspension. I liked Vilma, but now think he's a scumbag.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4385637]If the allegations are true, Vilma should get a one year suspension. I liked Vilma, but now think he's a scumbag.[/QUOTE]

Vilma and Paula Deen....two peas in a pod.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4385646]Vilma and Paula Deen....two peas in a pod.[/QUOTE]

Deen is just an ignorant tool. Vilma sought to pay a player to injure Favre, possibly ending a career. As a player who has come back from injury, Vilma should know better than this. Maybe now, guys will be looking to take him out at the knees.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4385657]Deen is just an ignorant tool. Vilma sought to pay a player to injure Favre, possibly ending a career. As a player who has come back from injury, Vilma should know better than this. Maybe now, guys will be looking to take him out at the knees.[/QUOTE]

I must've missed the Deen thing. What did she do? Slip butter under Giada's shoes in an attempt to injure?

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4385711]I must've missed the Deen thing. What did she do? Slip butter under Giada's shoes in an attempt to injure?[/QUOTE]

LOL. I didn't get Vinnie's connection either.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4385807]LOL. I didn't get Vinnie's connection either.[/QUOTE]

You seem a tad agitated today. Was just (lamely) attempting a bit of humor connecting your Vilma comment with your hampur rant about Deen.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4385874]You seem a tad agitated today. Was just (lamely) attempting a bit of humor connecting your Vilma comment with your hampur rant about Deen.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your concern Vin. Did you really see that Deen Thread as a rant? I just reported the news, plus posted that bun gee video debacle.

All League
    [QUOTE=littleeddiebell;4385316][url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827638bb/article/favre-happy-the-truth-comes-out-on-saints-practices?module=HP11_content_stream[/url]

I didn't think Vilma was as nasty when he was with the Jets.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how much Favre's wife offered for a hit on him?

[QUOTE=Digetydog;4385959]I wonder how much Favre's wife offered for a hit on him?[/QUOTE]

What about the massage therapists?

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4385879]Thanks for your concern Vin. Did you really see that Deen Thread as a rant? I just reported the news, plus posted that bun gee video debacle.[/QUOTE]

Rant is too strong a word. I guess I'm just used to your jovial and evocative posting style. Oh, a pics of hot asian chicks.

Veteran
    A couple of games suspension? Dunno - but I think Godell is more of a cowboy than that. I'd suspect that Vilma is facing a possible one-year ban from football.

I mean directly offering and paying a bounty to injure someone - that sounds like it would be a felony on the streets. Hard to see how that doesn't inspire all the wrath Godell has to give.

Penalty likely will include at least 2 (and likely 3) first rounders, including this year. Also, think that Payton and Williams should be suspended for 1 year. Vilma should also be suspended, but to a lesser degree. Same with GM. Need to send a strong message to the management (i.e., HC) that they are responsible for all that happens on their team and suspension is justified.

[QUOTE=Type-J;4386004]Penalty likely will include at least 2 (and likely 3) first rounders, including this year. Also, think that Payton and Williams should be suspended for 1 year. Vilma should also be suspended, but to a lesser degree. Same with GM. Need to send a strong message to the management (i.e., HC) that they are responsible for all that happens on their team and suspension is justified.[/QUOTE]

Not this year.

Pats have the Saints first pick this year.

I originally said that Williams will be suspended for 4 Games to a full season, now I'm starting to believe he'll be suspended "indefinitely", and re-instated next season.

Payton probably won't get suspended the whole season.

[QUOTE=Type-J;4386004]Penalty likely will include at least 2 (and likely 3) first rounders, including this year. Also, think that Payton and Williams should be suspended for 1 year. Vilma should also be suspended, but to a lesser degree. Same with GM. Need to send a strong message to the management (i.e., HC) that they are responsible for all that happens on their team and suspension is justified.[/QUOTE]

No way they take away 3 firsts. Not with Goodell's zeal for maintaining parity. NO would be back to the bad old days with such a penalty and they don't need to go that far to send the message to the rest of the league.

The Saints were probably going to cut Vilma before all this began. Now the question becomes will he find work next year?