Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets would "love" to sign Henne; interested in Ronnie Brown

Jets Insider VIP

Jets would "love" to sign Henne; interested in Ronnie Brown

[QUOTE]ESPN New York reports the Jets would "love" to sign free agent Chad Henne, but that "money could be an issue."

ESPN New York had previously reported Henne was simply on the Jets' "radar." Henne would represent ideal competition for Mark Sanchez, but as arguably the third best (and therefore third-most expensive) free agent quarterback available, his signing might not make sense for Gang Green. [/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]
    ESPN New York reports the Jets are interested in free agent Ronnie Brown.

Although Brown is on the wrong side of 30 and contributed little in Philadelphia last season including zero catches he'd be an adequate, low-cost replacement for third-down back LaDainian Tomlinson. His signing would be bad news for Joe McKnight. [/QUOTE]

Wouldn't mind Henne at the right price. Definitely pass on Brown. He's finished.

Jets Insider VIP
    I report that anyone who has played for the Fins in the last 4 years will be tied to the Jets through pure speculation.

Thanks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

This junk did not work in Miami. Why would anyone want it here?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4385551]I report that anyone who has played for the Fins in the last 4 years will be tied to the Jets through pure speculation.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No kidding......Ronnie Brown, really?? I am surprised we haven't heard that Duper or Clayton would be good options yet, since the Jets do need help at WR.

is this gonna be the "let's sign the former dolphins that sucked/are too old" offseason?

Clearly Sparano has a lot of input here.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4385579]is this gonna be the [B]"let's sign the former dolphins that sucked/[/B]are too old" offseason?

Clearly Sparano has a lot of input here.[/QUOTE]

Sparano may be one of them.

Hall Of Fame
    Rickey Williams baby.

Brian Cox

Jason Taylor

Zack Thomas

Come get some.

I hate this repetitive philosophy of bringing losers from other teams. This is the Jets way.

Banned
    What other current and former Dolphins are free agents? I guarantee Semen-i will report that we're "interested" in them as well.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4385585]Sparano may be one of them.[/QUOTE]

well played

With a Sparano run offense, no doubt he will have input and natural to hear names of potential free agents w/ dolphin background.

From a Jets perspective, they will be learning a new offense. If they an sign players who have ability, at the right price to play a specific role that would be ideal.

I read a lot of comments in this post that are negative on both Henne and Brown.

I am a bit open minded, because I think to some degree they make some sense.

Tanny has a tough job this year! lots of pressure to get back into play-off picture...

he will be looking for bargains in the free agent market...hopefully strike it rich in draft and get more out of his current players..

otherwise... he may be looking for a job!

I heard the Jets would love to sign Jim Brown as well.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Ronnie Brown?

oh crap

[QUOTE=jetfan51;4385615]With a Sparano run offense, no doubt he will have input and natural to hear names of potential free agents w/ dolphin background.

From a Jets perspective, they will be learning a new offense. If they an sign players who have ability, at the right price to play a specific role that would be ideal.

I read a lot of comments in this post that are negative on both Henne and Brown.

I am a bit open minded, because I think to some degree they make some sense.

Tanny has a tough job this year! lots of pressure to get back into play-off picture...

he will be looking for bargains in the free agent market...hopefully strike it rich in draft and get more out of his current players..

otherwise... he may be looking for a job![/QUOTE]

brown = offensive version of bart scott.

henne = offensive version of jim leonard

[QUOTE=petejet;4385556]This junk did not work in Miami. Why would anyone want it here?[/QUOTE]

Thank you, pete. WTF are we doing here? Miami, under Sparano, and with those players, SUCKED.

I hate that Sparano is our OC. Let's not make matters a complete cluster eff.

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4385621]brown = offensive version of bart scott.

henne = offensive version of jim leonard[/QUOTE]

brown won't cost B.Scott money.. key is at what cost?

henne maybe over valued.. cost is again issue

All Pro
    If the Jets fill LT's spot with Ronnie Brown, I am gonna buy a Ronnie Brown jersey just so I can burn it and put a video of it on youtube......

[QUOTE=carlito1171;4385660]If the Jets fill LT's spot with Ronnie Brown, I am gonna buy a Ronnie Brown jersey just so I can burn it and put a video of it on youtube......[/QUOTE]

I'll get the permits and buy the wood and lighter fluid. Please tell me Tanny isn't this stupid. Oh, wait, he already hired Sparano.

Could we just STOP with the old used up useless veteran signings and concentrate on building from within, through the draft and young second tier free agents?

Banned
    oh wait??

this whole thing is based on a Dick Semen-i speculation...

in other words, more garbage from the king of garbage