Free agent needs:
    Laurent Robinson
    Kam Wimbley
    Reggie Nelson

Free agent Buffoons:
    Henne
    Ronnie Brown

All Pro
    [QUOTE=johnnysd;4385675]Could we just STOP with the old used up useless veteran signings and concentrate on building from within, through the draft and young second tier free agents?[/QUOTE]

THIS!!!!!

With a full offseason and OTA's....it's time for Joe McKnight to step up and become our 3rd down back. Not some washed up scrub who had 15 mins of fame in a system that isn't even effective anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=carlito1171;4385686]THIS!!!!!

With a full offseason and OTA's....it's time for Joe McKnight to step up and become our 3rd down back. Not some washed up scrub who had 15 mins of fame in a system that isn't even effective anymore.[/QUOTE]

agreed. Joe is volunteering to work with Sanchez for the next 6 weeks in an exercise program. BOTH are going to get bigger and stronger! Mark has taken it upon himself to start to get ready for OTA's. Patrick Turner has also joined them.

All Pro
    The Henne signing makes sense. Regardless of what some Jets fans think of him, he is about as capable of a backup QB as we're going to be able to sign and he knows the system.

If the Ronnie Brown stuff is true, it's scary. Either we're so strapped for cap room that we're looking for a total scrub or for some unknown reason we think this guy isn't totally washed up. Either one is disconcerting.

And frankly, if we're going to rummage through someone's trash, I'd rather it not be the Dolphins.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4385579]is this gonna be the "let's sign the former dolphins that sucked/are too old" offseason?

Anything that comes out of ESPN NY (Cimini), should not get a reaction like this. That schmuck is bored and useless.... so he's stirs something up, based on his gut feeling of the Jets going after any FA that played for the Dolphins.

Clearly Sparano has a lot of input here.[/QUOTE]

He's the OC, he SHOULD have a lot of input.... that being said, nothing has come out of the Jets camp, to lend credence to anything Cimini reports.

[QUOTE=rextilleon;4385601]I hate this repetitive philosophy of bringing losers from other teams. This is the Jets way.[/QUOTE]

This is not the Jets way.... at least not under this regime. What I hate is this SOJ mentality. By the way, I'm no fan of Henne or Brown, but you can't attribute team success to individual players.... not all FAs come from winning teams.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4385627]Thank you, pete. WTF are we doing here? Miami, under Sparano, and with those players, SUCKED.

I hate that Sparano is our OC. Let's not make matters a complete cluster eff.[/QUOTE]

Miami, under Sparano sucked.... that's true, as the HC. Fortunately, for Jets fans, Ryan is the HC.... Sparano is the OC. If you hate him as the OC, I'm not going to try to change your mind.... but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, based on his style with the players and his style of offense.

[QUOTE=johnnysd;4385675]Could we just STOP with the old used up useless veteran signings and concentrate on building from within, through the draft and young second tier free agents?[/QUOTE]

They haven't DONE anything yet. By all accounts, they WILL be building through the draft, along with those second tier FAs. Cimini doesn't know his ass from his elbow.... he's a tabloid journalist. Relax.

[QUOTE=Laxman;4385757]he's a tabloid journalist.[/QUOTE]

does he work for the national football inquirer?

We Dolphins now.

Henne already being discussed in this thread..........:rolleyes:

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241929[/url]

Rookie
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4385761]does he work for the national football inquirer?[/QUOTE]

No, he works for the sports equivalent, ESPN. Entertainment is first in the acronym for a reason. He has proven, time after time, that he won't let facts get in the way of a juicy rumor.... especially if it's a rumor he thought up.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4385627]Thank you, pete. WTF are we doing here? Miami, under Sparano, and with those players, SUCKED.

I hate that Sparano is our OC. Let's not make matters a complete cluster eff.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.....also,

I hate that the Jets are married to "Ground & Pound", and as long as Sparano is OC that will be the focus...I am convinced that that brand of football will never win a Super Bowl....not in this era.

Ah, f*ck it, at least maybe Sparano will design a play where one of the WR's actually gets very open this year...that would be exciting. I haven't see that in 6 years haha.....I don't ask for much....I'm a Jets fan.

[QUOTE=JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF;4385806]Agreed.....also,

I hate that the Jets are married to "Ground & Pound", and as long as Sparano is OC that will be the focus...I am convinced that that brand of football will never win a Super Bowl....not in this era.

Ah, f*ck it, at least maybe Sparano will design a play where one of the WR's actually gets very open this year...that would be exciting. I haven't see that in 6 years haha.....I don't ask for much....I'm a Jets fan.[/QUOTE]

Hope I'm wrong, but I really believe Sparano's offense will be a disaster. I know he was the HC, not the OC, but Miami was a joke on many levels. Now, we're all expected to accept that he'll revert back to his days as OC with Dallas. Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=sg3;4385678]oh wait??

this whole thing is based on a Dick Semen-i speculation...

in other words, more garbage from the king of garbage[/QUOTE]

finally, a light shines in the sea of darkness.....

Are you telling me that the JEts can't find a BETTER RB than Brown somwhere in the draft! My God.

Seeing that the Jets would "love to" sign Henne makes me sick to my stomach. I hate him and I don't want him on a team I'm rooting for.

Hall Of Fame
    There's something fishy going on here. Yes :yes:I said it.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=bman;4385867]Are you telling me that the JEts can't find a BETTER RB than Brown somwhere in the draft! My God.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SizzleBear287;4385868]Seeing that the Jets would "love to" sign Henne makes me sick to my stomach. I hate him and I don't want him on a team I'm rooting for.[/QUOTE]

Why does anyone still believe anything that comes out of Dick Cimini's mouth? He's a pot-stirrer, nothing else. Notice the "love to" is in quotation marks, yet, he's not quoting anyone..... he spews garbage.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4385545]Wouldn't mind Henne at the right price. Definitely pass on Brown. He's finished.[/QUOTE]

Agree.

[QUOTE=EM31;4385880]There's something fishy going on here. Yes :yes:I said it.[/QUOTE]

You think it's on porpoise?

All Pro
    Dear Mr. Tannenbaum,

Whatever you do, please do NOT turn the Jets into Miami North.

Sincerely,
    All Rational Jets Fans

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF;4385806]I hate that the Jets are married to "Ground & Pound", and as long as Sparano is OC that will be the focus...I am convinced that that brand of football will never win a Super Bowl....not in this era.[/QUOTE]

You should watch or read some of Sparano's interviews after getting hired. The offense is not what people are many people are thinking. I'm expecting to see a lot better blocking and more big plays.