Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report: Moss "lit it up" at Workout

think moss fits in pretty perfectly with the saints, and on paper if he is still randy moss he would fit here

BUT

we all know moss' play is all about whether he's motivated. He wasn't in Tennessee, he wasn't in Oakland, two places with poor quarterback play while he was there...I don't think I want him here because 1. i think he would get fed up with Sanchez and 2. a notorious locker room cancer is the last thing we need

my fear is that he goes to a place like New Orleans and lights it up with Brees and the Jets fans go crazy saying Tanny and Rex ****ed up by not signing him, but I doubt that he would be a motivated, competitive Moss with the Jets

If Braylon is healthy, go after him and have someone that Sanchez is familiar and comfortable with. If he's not, and a guy like Floyd is on the board and Upshaw, Ingram etc are not then go with the young WR

[QUOTE=Paradis;4385950]Floyd[/QUOTE]

Edwards and Floyd. :yes:

[QUOTE]According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, free agent Randy Moss "lit it up" in Tuesday's workout with the Saints.
    [B]Profootballtalk also hears Moss got out of breaks quickly, showed a high football IQ[/B] and the workout "couldn't have gone any better."[/QUOTE]

I don't know much about these workouts, but how does one "show a high football IQ" during a workout?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4386012]I don't know much about these workouts, but how does one "show a high football IQ" during a workout?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps they gave him a bunch of different plays/routes/sets/audibles from their playbook and he was able to digest them very quickly?

[QUOTE=Paradis;4385950]Floyd[/QUOTE]

And the Jets rocket to #1 in 3rd-down conversion %.

It is not unrealistic to have a receiving corps of Holmes, Floyd, Edwards and Kerley. That's a quick and probably inexpensive way to turn a weak position into a stable one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I don't care if he ran a 4.1 and caught every pass that was thrown - no more ****ing bad character guys! Especially at WR.

It's a long season and when bumps in the road inevitably come up, these turds will quit on you. No Moss, no TO, no Desean. And if Santonio didn't have that contract he should've been cut long ago.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... still not with a 10 foot water bong :leaf ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=southside;4385864]Randy's problem has never been his physical gifts. It's always been about his effort and personality.

Braylon was the man here. Bring him back.[/QUOTE]
    +10000000000000

Braylon over Moss. Plus Moss is lazy, offers nothing but deep routes and is a lousy blocker

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4386033]And the Jets rocket to #1 in 3rd-down conversion %.

It is not unrealistic to have a receiving corps of Holmes, Floyd, Edwards and Kerley. That's a quick and probably inexpensive way to turn a weak position into a stable one.[/QUOTE]

God damn Right. Can i go full homo on you greenwave?

What was our achilles heel last year? 3 and outs. What is Floyd literally a superfreak at? Moving the chains and blowing over DBs. (plus catching balls in traffic, plus plus catching Paradis' money shots)

Moss would be the straw that broke the camel in half. Another year, another damn recycle castaway at WR.

Enough!

Veteran
    Moss' physical skills were never in doubt.

His mental health is always the question.

Now he's in the mood and focused on getting a contract. Great.

What happens after he's signed is anyone's guess.

Another problem is his bizarro loyalty to the Pats.

I'd trust Sante Kimes with my bank info and passwords before I'd trust Moss with our playbook.

All Pro
    he's going to end up on Saints (no colston or Meachem) or WSH with RGIII and his ridic downfield bombs.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southside;4385864]Randy's problem has never been his physical gifts. It's always been about his effort and personality.

Braylon was the man here. Bring him back.[/QUOTE]

agreed!

[QUOTE=carlito1171;4385973]SIGN THIS BEAST!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Sign [U]both[/U] of these beasts and bring back the "Marshall Magic"! :yes:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viUJ48rCJ38[/url]
    Last edited by gcherd; 03-06-2012 at 07:50 PM.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4385924]He's too tall for a slot receiver, no?

_[/QUOTE]

not if they surgically cut him off at the knees!
    then he would be Welkers size.
    That works...