Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manning not going back to Colts

Manning not going back to Colts

per Mortenson

[QUOTE=Carlton;4386075]per Mortenson[/QUOTE]

This is news?

Tim Manning, the team's director of soda concessions, and not related to Peyton.

I think he'll go to Washington over Miami. Washington has the history of doling out the money more often than Miami

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4386079]This is news?[/QUOTE]

YOU KNEW!!!!!

**** yeah it's a story that it's official and they couldn't work anything out. Holy **** it's the off season.

Link?

[QUOTE=Carlton;4386084]YOU KNEW!!!!!

**** yeah it's a story that it's official and they couldn't work anything out. Holy **** it's the off season.[/QUOTE]

Is it really official or just a speculative report from Mortenson on a slow news day? Not trying to be smarmy. Just wondering.

Hall Of Fame
    No, it is as official as it can get without hearing it from Manning or Irsay.

They are reporting it on NFL Network as well.

News conference tomorrow in Indy.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4386091]Is it really official or just a speculative report from Mortenson on a slow news day? Not trying to be smarmy. Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Announcement set for tomorrow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Even though we all knew it was coming this is still a big moment in NFL history. It's going to be extremely interesting to see how this turns out.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4386090]Link?[/QUOTE]

Google news or turn the TV on.

As per [COLOR="Red"]ROTOWORLD[/COLOR]

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Colts will end Peyton Manning's Indianapolis career on Wednesday.
    Manning and owner Jim Irsay will put their respective public relation campaigns aside and join forces at Wednesday's announcement that the Colts will decline the $28 million option. We see no "bad guy" in the breakup, just a natural changing of the guard for a rebuilding franchise. Mort reiterates that Manning "intends to continue to play" and will be a free agent. Manning's landing spot will continue to be the story of the offseason, with the Dolphins, Cardinals, Seahawks, Redskins, Chiefs, and Jets as potential destinations.

All Pro
    Torn between understanding it's a business and sadness that he won't retire as a Colts. I did't like seeing Montana in a Chiefs uniform or Namath in a Rams jersey.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2d8nqk1.png[/IMG]

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4386104][IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2d8nqk1.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

LMFAO. Not a chance in hell.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4386104][IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2d8nqk1.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Should have happened in 1997.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4386091]Is it really official or just a speculative report from Mortenson on a slow news day? Not trying to be smarmy. Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Official. And yes you were. ;)

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/public/FvwS-75d-sCKC2BKBFGy3gl_sM8j9Fvfio2SebC8xa3WHXq36fjnx12G5Px2C2Q275TLbG19Dr6xXnFaDFZFkOEzZPomNaIt60WzCN62vktkLHNplQQT-EQQY5Rs9nY3Ae6IYlVs8r1CimdLL5pRIqpF7Dxmmr8Gz1zA=s220-c[/img]

should've happened in '91.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If Tanny signs him and they don't win a championship, he will need to be fired.

Jets Insider VIP
    <sigh>

Dude is coming to the Jets.

For better or for worse.

I'm against it....but it's gonna happen :(