Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manning not going back to Colts

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4386100]Manning's landing spot will continue to be the story of the offseason, with the Dolphins, Cardinals, Seahawks, Redskins, Chiefs, and Jets as potential destinations.[/QUOTE]

If Manning's primary goal is winning championships, the two best options on this list are the Cardinals and Jets. :yes:

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4386118]<sigh>

Dude is coming to the Jets.

For better or for worse.

I'm against it....but it's gonna happen :([/QUOTE]

Might as well trade Sanchez now....

[QUOTE=parafly;4386119]If Manning's primary goal is winning championships, the two best options on this list are the Cardinals and Jets. :yes:[/QUOTE]

49ers aren't on that list, but would be a good option for him to win the big one.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetman67;4386117]If Tanny signs him and they don't win a championship, he will need to be fired.[/QUOTE]

This will be an ownership decision if it gets made.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4386132]49ers aren't on that list, but would be a good option for him to win the big one.[/QUOTE]

Miami would be a good option too. Marshall, Bush and Bess and a solid D

If he goes to Miami, were doomed for the next couple of years.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4386118]<sigh>

Dude is coming to the Jets.

For better or for worse.

I'm against it....but it's gonna happen :([/QUOTE]

I've always been a big Manning fan but I have that same feeling.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vin;4386130]Might as well trade Sanchez now....[/QUOTE]

Not my choice by a long shot. Favre all over.

But....willing to go for the ride.

If Manning signs with the Jets, you trade Sanchez and get a 1st (?????) like Schefter said. You get him a RB, WR, RT, blocking TE, and we're Superbowl ready.

None of those things are going to happen.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4386193]If Manning signs with the Jets, you trade Sanchez and get a 1st (?????) like Schefter said. You get him a RB, WR, RT, blocking TE, and we're Superbowl ready.

None of those things are going to happen.[/QUOTE]

WOW. Schefter thinks Sanchez could command a first? Who is crazy? Guys like me or Adam Schefter?

Manish was just on NFL Network saying that he got the impression from Rex that Rex would "regret" not going after Manning if he ever had a chance. He also noted how Rex holds Manning in such high esteem.

Who knows, maybe Manning comes cheap and allows the Jets to get Nicks.:D

A kid can dream, right?

[QUOTE=nyahay bus;4386115][img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/public/FvwS-75d-sCKC2BKBFGy3gl_sM8j9Fvfio2SebC8xa3WHXq36fjnx12G5Px2C2Q275TLbG19Dr6xXnFaDFZFkOEzZPomNaIt60WzCN62vktkLHNplQQT-EQQY5Rs9nY3Ae6IYlVs8r1CimdLL5pRIqpF7Dxmmr8Gz1zA=s220-c[/img]

should've happened in '91.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4386104][IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2d8nqk1.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Well they didn't so no sense of signing another old QBs

Hall Of Fame
    I don't know why people think the Brett Favre signing was bad. The Jets were 8-3 before he got hurt and were on the way to do some special things.

Favre lied to the Jets about his injury. That sucks, but it was the right decision to bring him in.

I still think the 2008 squad was the best of this recent run from 2008-2011.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4386227]I don't know why people think the Brett Favre signing was bad. The Jets were 8-3 before he got hurt and were on the way to do some special things.

Favre lied to the Jets about his injury. That sucks, but it was the right decision to bring him in.

I still think the 2008 squad was the best of this recent run from 2008-2011.[/QUOTE]

Dude, Favre was a disaster, and it wasn't because of his "injury". He never wanted to be a Jet - he demanded his own office so he wouldn't have to be in the lockerroom with the rest if the players, and then before the final game of the season, against our rivals, his pep talk was "if it works out, great, if it doesn't then it doesnt". That's pretty close to the exact quote. He didn't give a ****, he just wanted to spite Green Bay.

Pennington and Miami ended our season and celebrated on our field, that is definitely a bad outcome.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4386265]Dude, Favre was a disaster, and it wasn't because of his "injury". He never wanted to be a Jet - he demanded his own office so he wouldn't have to be in the lockerroom with the rest if the players, and then before the final game of the season, against our rivals, his pep talk was "if it works out, great, if it doesn't then it doesnt". That's pretty close to the exact quote. He didn't give a ****, he just wanted to spite Green Bay.

Pennington and Miami ended our season and celebrated on our field, that is definitely a bad outcome.[/QUOTE]

At that point he was playing with a torn biceps and was high on pain-killers.

I wasnt around here then, but I would guess that after that Arizona game this place was buggin' and after the win @ NE this place crashed.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 03-06-2012 at 08:36 PM.

[QUOTE=John_0515;4386193]If Manning signs with the Jets, you trade Sanchez and get a 1st (?????) like Schefter said. You get him a RB, WR, RT, blocking TE, and we're Superbowl ready.

None of those things are going to happen.[/QUOTE]

You seem to forget a few things...

Manning has proven that he can do much more with less. He raises the talent surrounding him substantially.

The Jets would not need all of the things you are talking about. Certainly a RT and blocking TE. Probably a RB and probably NOT another WR. Manning can work with what we already have in anticipation of the Jets getting more talent after 2012.

Just cure OL woes, a few more complimentary touches and Manning can win SB's with this current team as it is comprised.

Hall Of Fame
    Yes.

Manning makes his team better. He isn't dependent on the talent around him.

I think the Jets have better overall talent on offense than the Colts.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4386295]Yes.

Manning makes his team better. He isn't dependent on the talent around him. I think the Jets have better overall talent on offense than the Colts.[/QUOTE]

Therefore, the Jets would not need to add as much complimentary talent around him. Sure, it would be nice to anyway, just for good measure. But the fact remains, Manning can win pretty much with the Jets team as it is currently comprised. Agree?

Veteran
    Manning is not coming to the Jets. "Team Archie" as somone else called it would advise against it.

Minuses: Cold weather, Second team in NY, playing out of the shadow of his 2 superbowl brother, limited cap space to make a deal and too much off the field drama.

Plusses: Endorsement and marketing Nirvana that is NY.

Just dont see it.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4386298]Therefore, the Jets would not need to add as much complimentary talent around him. Sure, it would be nice to anyway, just for good measure. But the fact remains, Manning can win pretty much with the Jets team as it is currently comprised. Agree?[/QUOTE]

Completely.

My opinion is that Manning is the most valuable player in the history of the league. No player has ever been more valuable to his team than Manning.

Call me crazy, but Peyton Manning is underrated.

BTW another plus for the Jets is that Rex doesn't give a sh*t about the offense and would let Peyton run the entire show.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 03-06-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    zona --- indoor dome football, beautiful winter weather, larry fitzgerald, good OL, decent defense

jets -- outdoor northeast winds, two more beatings a year by the Patriots who own him, no larry fitzgerald, wayne hunter, good defense

with Team Archie making the call, he's going the Desert route